• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kilmarnock away
In short:

Absolutely sexual.

(09-30-2017, 10:22 PM)Despot Wrote: In short:

Absolutely sexual.

Giggety

What a start for Owen Sandy and the boys on wards and up wards

I watched the game on alba, actually only watched the 1st half as I was bored. That was no different from what JM's team offered. Same formation, same tactics and in reality the same result as 6 out of the last 7 meetings with Killie.

I don't say this to be negative about the result, great result, well done.

My point is it's too early for Coyle to implement any new ideas and change the way we play and the result probably would have been the same had JM still been in charge.

Looking forward to the more attractive football he intends bringing to Victoria park in the next couple of months though ...........

(10-01-2017, 11:13 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: I watched the game on alba, actually only watched the 1st half as I was bored. That was no different from what JM's team offered. Same formation, same tactics and in reality the same result as 6 out of the last 7 meetings with Killie.

My point is it's too early for Coyle to implement any new ideas and change the way we play and the result probably would have been the same had JM still been in charge.

Looking forward to the more attractive football he intends bringing to Victoria park in the next couple of months though ...........

I have just watched the game on Alba as I was out last night and I don't think the result would have been the same. My reason for that is twofold. 1 - we probably would have huffed and puffed, like against Partick where we only just came away with a draw after conceding against the run of play, and maybe scraped a draw, and 2 - we would probably have seen random changes to not only starting 11 but also the subs and folks would have been shoehorned into positions they aren't accustomed to like Tumilty last week against Hibs being put into Right Midfield

(10-01-2017, 11:13 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: I watched the game on alba, actually only watched the 1st half as I was bored. That was no different from what JM's team offered. Same formation, same tactics and in reality the same result as 6 out of the last 7 meetings with Killie.

Yup.

I think Lindsay was being used in a markedly different role, but otherwise, I agree.  That said, after two days training, I wouldn't have expected many changes.  Kenny certainly made the left back job his own, though. Draper still looks off the pace.  Gardyne and Keillor-Dunn are still their best wide players.  Naismith continues to impress.  

Think the game said more about Kilmarnock than County, although if County play like that against Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Partick, then they'll be just fine.

...and that's the end of McCulloch at Killie as a result.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

For me, we were on the front foot from the off - defended from the front and never gave Killie any encouragement by letting them settle on the ball. I recall a few games this season where we've sat back way too deep and allowed the opposition to seize the initiative, dictate the game - and score the first goal..

Good to see KVDW score his first goal. Sportscene will be very enjoyable tonight. Curran looking sharp.

Being available and a former Killie player, McIntyre would be an obvious shout to replace McCulloch.

I wonder how Scott Boyd would react...

Brilliant. I knew we would win. Just had that feeling.

Both goals were belters in terms of the build up then the finish. Especially the first. What a cross and header. Ace.

Fantastic.

(10-01-2017, 10:14 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: What a start for Owen Sandy and the boys on wards and up wards

Well done Owen Coyle. sandy Stewart.  And team.  You went forward. Great result  positive football 

knowing you guys  you probably would never want a manager sacked , hope scotty  Boyds time with Killie  not spoiled  
Mculloch walked  mmm

Is Scott injured or just out of the picture at Killie?.Doesn't seem to have featured recently.

A few Kilmarnock fans in the Park Hotel were moaning about him being constantly injured, so I think he's fallen out of favour due to fitness levels.

(10-05-2017, 07:52 AM)Despot Wrote: A few Kilmarnock fans in the Park Hotel were moaning about him being constantly injured, so I think he's fallen out of favour due to fitness levels.

In fairness, I think he’s focusing on his post playing career at Kilmarnock.  But it’s also fair to say he’s a championship level player, or at least not one you want playing regularly at this level.

(10-01-2017, 10:14 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: What a start for Owen Sandy and the boys on wards and up wards

Very positive indeed everything very positive. Kirky back and in Steven Fergusons  previous role  Fergie  responsible for all aspects ( director of Footbsll !  
Is it just me but there is a poster so similar to another posters posts. Makes me think. Same person

Kirkwood has been with the club for a while.

(10-05-2017, 02:05 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Very positive indeed everything very positive. Kirky back and in Steven Fergusons  previous role  Fergie  responsible for all aspects ( director of Footbsll !  
Is it just me but there is a poster so similar to another posters posts. Makes me think. Same person

And every post you post is the same as every other post you have posted.

To get back to the game, belated response but it was a decent performance, well setup and kept our shape. Lindsay, O'Brien and Midge were impressive and it was nice play by DKD to setup the header for Curran.
O'Brien looked comfortable in that deeper position in front of the back 4.

It has to be said though, it was probably the perfect first game for Coyle, Killie are gash and we have a good record there. Interesting that Roy didn't give McIntyre this game, because we would have likely won.

Hearts will be a much tougher test and it will interesting to see what line-up he goes with.

I think the international break had a bit to do with the timing, and by the fact Owen was in very quick and probably lined up earlier.