Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Next Manager
Best of luck to Ketts and Fergie. Best decision Roy could make given the circumstances. Hopefully all goes well and it ends up a long-term appointment. COYS

(03-02-2018, 01:25 PM)Stag76 Wrote: Great decision whatever the outcome at the end of the season we now have a management team with a passion for the club, I personally would rather be in the championship with these guys than have someone like their predecessor in charge.

Passion has nothing to do with it. Competence does. Coyle was incompetent. He's resigned. Kettlewell now has a chance to show that he's the manager almost everyone thinks he is.

Three seasons is about all you can expect for a manager, I reckon, these days. Three months is closer to Uncle Roy's average.

(03-02-2018, 01:23 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: You have got to be kidding aye.

No way should we go anywhere near McIntyre and his tactical tombola again.

If he was still in charge we would have been down by Xmas. He shoehorned his favoured guys into the team and played others out of position like putting the leagues top scorer on the right wing last season when he is a forward.

It was clear to all and sundry Boyce would be offfski last summer but still he failed to adequately source a replacement and instead gave us 2 forwards one of whom struggled in Championship last season while the other required major surgery before he arrived.

And then there is the fact we had 1 centre back and he has struggled forbfitnessball season should they not have looked at getting cover in over the summer so as to allow the injured player to heal and come back.

For all those reasons, and a few others the chuckle brothers had to go.

Onwards and upwards instead of backwarss

So what your saying is he would have been worse than Coyle the man who had an 18% win record and we would have been relegated 2 months ago ..

Yes some of the football was not pretty to watch and some players were played out of position to compensate for injuries but to say we would have been relagated by Christmas is just nonsense

I think it must be you who is kidding !

Yes Liam Boyce played a couple of games on the wing as you would say I would more call it a No10 roll this was only to compensate for injuries and to let Curran and Shalke play who were both in good form and I almost forgot he was still the leagues top scorer ... couldn't have been that bad a decision

With regards to the signings
Boyce was always going to be a hard ask to replace easier said than done , I'm quite sure if the money we received for Boyce was readily available then we could have got a better standard of player than we got and as for the 2 strikers we signed , who according to you struggled in the championship 7 goals in 17 games isn't exactly struggling , And I am sure the other must have passed a medical before signing but unfortunately got injured at the start of the season which does happen

I'm quite sure "The chuckle brothers " as you would call them will be having a right chuckle as to how things have turned out

Not going to get drawn in to an argument as we are all entitled to our opinions so As you say onward and upward .. Fingers crossed good luck to the new management team just need to get a decent replacement for the youth system now ... shambles !

Makes a lot of sense. Best of luck to the lads, lets get behind them all now and stay up.

(03-02-2018, 05:23 PM)Royofthecounty Wrote: So what your saying is he would have been worse than Coyle the man who had an 18% win record and we would have been relegated 2 months ago ..

Yes some of the football was not pretty to watch and some players were played out of position to compensate for injuries but to say we would have been relagated by Christmas is just nonsense

I think it must be you who is kidding !

Yes Liam Boyce played a couple of games on the right wing to compensate for injuries and was still the leagues top scorer couldn't have been that bad a decision

With regards to the signings
Boyce was always going to be a hard ask to replace easier said than done , I'm quite sure if the money we received for Boyce was readily available then we could have got a better standard of player than we got and as for the 2 strikers we signed , who according to you struggled in the championship 7 goals in 17 games isn't exactly struggling , And I am sure the other must have passed a medical before signing but unfortunately got injured at the start of the season which does happen

I'm quite sure "The chuckle brothers " as you would call them will be having a right chuckle as to how things have turned out

Not going to get drawn in to an argument as we are all entitled to our opinions so As you say onward and upward .. Fingers crossed good luck to the new management team just need to get a decent replacement for the youth system now ... shambles !

Billy McKay was injured BEFORE he signed for us.

Replacing Boyce was as you said a big ask but JM got caught with his pants down over it as he didnt replace well in the two he brought in. It was clear for all to see he had lost the dressing room long before his final game against Hibs. But his reliance on Woods who made even a cardboatd cutout look good was laughable.

McIntyre was trading on previous glories to keep himself in a job and should have been punted earlier.

Yeah Coyles appointment wasnt great but he was left with McIntyres bad transfer dealing and not even Sir Alex Ferguson or Pep Guardiola could have done well with some of that lot.

Hopefully we see a good appointment being made to put the club on a better footing next season in Premiership

(03-02-2018, 05:48 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Billy McKay was injured BEFORE he signed for us.

Replacing Boyce was as you said a big ask but JM got caught with his pants down over it as he didnt replace well in the two he brought in. It was clear for all to see he had lost the dressing room long before his final game against Hibs. But his reliance on Woods who made even a cardboatd cutout look good was laughable.

McIntyre was trading on previous glories to keep himself in a job and should have been punted earlier.

Yeah Coyles appointment wasnt great but he was left with McIntyres bad transfer dealing and not even Sir Alex Ferguson or Pep Guardiola could have done well with some of that lot.

Hopefully we see a good appointment being made to put the club on a better footing next season in Premiership

Agree with parts but not all of this.

I have more time for Woods he did offer something a little different from midfield and I think we have struggled to create chances. Boyce did cover up a lot but Woods had his attcking moments and helped create space and our midfield has for me struggled since. He did leave gaps being poor definsevly but we seem to have retained that.

I’d also say on Coyle while the squad he inherited was imbalanced he never seemed to create a structure to get the best out of the players we had. The midfield could have been shaped differently, he played Curran on his own and I think didn’t have any real plan. I wasn’t awed by his appointment but was willing to give Hume time but the shambolic way he led the team left me wanting him out.

(03-02-2018, 05:48 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Billy McKay was injured BEFORE he signed for us.

You should maybe get your facts right BEFORE using the block capitals

Billy McKay played the full 90 mins of the last game of the season for Inverness in May 2017 and was not injured then , he then came to Ross County and got injured in a pre season friendly so The previous manager didn't even get a chance to play him ,,, so yet again your wrong my friend

I personally think he could still turn out to be a very good signing ,, save this post and we can come back to it !

Woods done a good job for Ross County when he came back in his first season but the second season he Faded in the later part of it and got freed at the endof it ,,
There wasn't much reliance there all the same

As for trading in previous glories to keep himself in a job and losing the dressing room you must know something that I don't

The Coyle appointment wasn't great !
That's the understatement of the year , he should not be allowed anywhere near another club for obvious reasons

As for the Premiership , let's all hope your right and hopefully the damage that Coyle has caused can be repaired

(03-02-2018, 03:39 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Passion has nothing to do with it. Competence does. Coyle was incompetent. He's resigned. Kettlewell now has a chance to show that he's the manager almost everyone thinks he is.

Three seasons is about all you can expect for a manager, I reckon, these days. Three months is closer to Uncle Roy's average.

Kettlewell will step up to the plate , he WILL be good Manager ,
Steven Ferguson will be at his back to promote him , sometimes within you visinity
Are the jewels you couldn’t see ,

(03-02-2018, 03:39 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Passion has nothing to do with it. Competence does

This

As mentioned elsewhere there is now a significant gap in our org chart that needs to be filled, but that can probably wait until the summer

I wonder if we ought to consider a return to having a Director of Football type structure, to allow whoever our head coach is next season to concentrate purely on coaching (which from what I gather is where Ketts' strengths lie)

And I never thought I'd say this, but I actually kind of miss Johndo. At least he was honest
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(03-02-2018, 05:48 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Replacing Boyce was as you said a big ask but JM got caught with his pants down over it as he didnt replace well in the two he brought in.

When Boyce signed the contract extension around this time two years ago it seemed obvious to me that summer '17 was the optimum time for him to go, with a full year on his contract still to run. His agent had been making noises on Twitter about him being settled and there was no chance of him leaving before then.

McIntyre therefore had nearly 18 months for succession planning and failed. I'm more sympathetic to McIntyre getting caught with the Irvine sale, but you wouldn't see Motherwell get caught short like what happened with Boyce, in comparison.

(03-02-2018, 11:48 PM)john@THHP Wrote: When Boyce signed the contract extension around this time two years ago it seemed obvious to me that summer '17 was the optimum time for him to go, with a full year on his contract still to run. His agent had been making noises on Twitter about him being settled and there was no chance of him leaving before then.

McIntyre therefore had nearly 18 months for succession planning and failed. I'm more sympathetic to McIntyre getting caught with the Irvine sale, but you wouldn't see Motherwell get caught short like what happened with Boyce, in comparison.

Think that’s fair think we all expected Boyce to move on so we should have had plans in place - mind JM did think we could play Boyce in midfield so maybe he really didn’t understand his value

(03-03-2018, 12:55 AM)roth08 Wrote: Think that’s fair think we all expected Boyce to move on so we should have had plans in place - mind JM did think we could play Boyce in midfield so maybe he really didn’t understand his value

More of a No 10 roll to let Shalk and Curran play also which worked well in the majority of games in my opinion
Ever though it may be you who didn't understand his value If anything it would have increased his value knowing his utility to be able to play in this roll and track back as well

(03-03-2018, 07:55 AM)Royofthecounty Wrote: More of a No 10 roll to let Shalk and Curran play also which worked well in the majority of games in my opinion

One win in ten in that period.

(03-03-2018, 10:24 AM)john@THHP Wrote: One win in ten in that period.

And after he moved forward our points and goals began to build.

Don’t though disagree that a no10 was an idea but Boyce was our most natural finisher and in trying that would much rather have had Schalk and Boyce with Midge or Woods as no10 given license to create.

(03-03-2018, 01:41 PM)roth08 Wrote: And after he moved forward our points and goals began to build.

Don’t though disagree that a no10 was an idea but Boyce was our most natural finisher and in trying that would much rather have had Schalk and Boyce with Midge or Woods as no10 given license to create.

Yes that's right which brings me back to my initial point ,,, after the managers honeymoon period and finding out who's best at what position we go on a magnificent run of form and were saved from the drop to the championship , the following season we achieved our aim of top 6 and went on to win the league cup ,(something we will most likely Never see again)!... 2016 we finish a healthy 7th another great achievement for our small club 2017 season after a a poor start against all the big guns and we go and sack the manager .. And then appoint Owen Coyle ..

If anyone has anything to disagree on that then each to there own ,, I just think it's Bizzare !!!

Let's be realistic with our club , I would be happy to be mid table again

#Punching above our weight

(03-02-2018, 08:02 PM)Royofthecounty Wrote: You should maybe get your facts right BEFORE using the block capitals

Billy McKay played the full 90 mins of the last game of the season for Inverness in May 2017 and was not injured then , he then came to Ross County and got injured in a pre season friendly so The previous manager didn't even get a chance to play him ,,, so yet again your wrong my friend

I personally think he could still turn out to be a very good signing ,, save this post and we can come back to it !

Woods done a good job for Ross County when he came back in his first season but the second season he Faded in the later part of it and got freed at the endof it ,,
There wasn't much reliance there all the same

As for trading in previous glories to keep himself in a job and losing the dressing room you must know something that I don't

The Coyle appointment wasn't great !
That's the understatement of the year , he should not be allowed anywhere near another club for obvious reasons

As for the Premiership , let's all hope your right and hopefully the damage that Coyle has caused can be repaired

[quote="Royofthecounty" pid='70991' dateline='1520017372'

I personally think he could still turn out to be a very good signing ,, save this post and we can come back to it ! ??? TOLD YE !

(10-27-2018, 04:31 PM)Royofthecounty Wrote:
[quote="Royofthecounty" pid='70991' dateline='1520017372'

I personally think he could still turn out to be a very good signing ,, save this post and we can come back to it ! ??? TOLD YE !

Golly what all this about then , Mackay hatrick today good enough for me as long as team doe we’ll ,

(10-27-2018, 05:48 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Golly what all this about then , Mackay hatrick today good enough for me as long as team DOE we’ll ,

Oh deer!