Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Next Manager
(09-28-2017, 09:59 AM)forkboy Wrote: Genuinely shocked people were hoping for Butcher or Hughes. Dearie me.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Think a lot of shouts were tongue in cheek tbh.

This is actually a great appointed in terms of who he has managed in the past. Yes i know he has struggled lately but he guided Burnley to the premier league. Bolton and Blackburn he struggled a bit but this might be what he needs to up his reputation again.

(09-28-2017, 10:31 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: This is actually a great appointed in terms of who he has managed in the past. Yes i know he has struggled lately but he guided Burnley to the premier league. Bolton and Blackburn he struggled a bit but this might be what he needs to up his reputation again.

Exactly this. 

I never thought we'd ever be able to get someone with Premiership experience and one who has had such experience so recently. Great appointment.

Here are some comments from a Blackburn Rogers fansite:-

Poor sods.
Defies innocent explanation. Even someone clueless about football wouldn't have made such a decision.
Actually feel really sorry for those RC fans. An absolute shambles of a manager....
Oh sweet Jesus the poor lads..

His career has been in rapid decline for years .
What he did a long time ago in the past is basically irrelevant. I think Billy Ferries is the best winger ever at County but I wouldn't pick him for Saturday's game......
Apparently he knows all about Scottish football but he last played and managed in Scotland 10 years ago...

Anyway He's our new manager and I'll back him through gritted teeth.
This is the last negative thing I'll say about this sad day for Ross County.
I think I'll retire from the message board too.

He'll be at the supports meeting tonight! - I won't be attending due looking after the child!

Anyone going?

(09-26-2017, 08:52 AM)Its Only A Game Wrote: Not Owen Coyle please ! Totally useless at Blackburn.

Awkward!!!

I am happy to give every manager a chance and not shoot them down before they stick a pair of boots on and hit the training field. Anyone who has given up already is being pathetic. How about just getting behind the new manager and his team as we have a tough period ahead of us. If we were all negative then don't complain when we end up in a relegation battle.

Hopefully this could be just what we need, he has knowledge of higher levels (although not always sucessfully).

Very open minded - Certainly would have him in front of most of the other names bandied about.

Hope he likes playing on the deck and dislikes long high balls straight down the middle.

Exciting times - onwards and upwards.

I wish Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart all the best as our new manager and assistant
Will judge him on how the team plays not what he has done in the past
A lot of supporters were asking for a change well they got one
Time will tell but as a true Ross County supporter I will get behind team and management
Hope a lot more supporters will make there voices of encouragement heard at games
With a international break coming up this should give new management team a chance to get there ideas across
Deed said
I am happy to give every manager a chance and not shoot them down before they stick a pair of boots on and hit the training field. Anyone who has given up already is being pathetic. How about just getting behind the new manager and his team as we have a tough period ahead of us. If we were all negative then don't complain when we end up in a relegation battle.
WELL SAID
NOW COME ON ALL COUNTY FANS GET BEHIND OUR TEAM AND LETS PLAY OUR PART LETS BE HEARD AT GAMES ENCOURAGING OUR TEAM TO WIN

(09-28-2017, 11:34 AM). I think Billy Ferries is the best winger ever at County but I wouldn\t pick him for Saturday's game...... Wrote: Apparently he knows all about Scottish football but he last played and managed in Scotland 10 years ago...

Poor attempt at an analogy given he was a 3rd Division / Highland League player with no SPL experience.

(09-28-2017, 11:34 AM)It Wrote: Here are some comments from a Blackburn Rogers fansite:-

Poor sods.
Defies innocent explanation. Even someone clueless about football wouldn't have made such a decision.
Actually feel really sorry for those RC fans. An absolute shambles of a manager....

What he did a long time ago in the past is basically irrelevant. I think Billy Ferries is the best winger ever at County but I wouldn't pick him for Saturday's game......
Apparently he knows all about Scottish football but he last played and managed in Scotland 10 years ago...

Blackburn fans are entitled to their opinion, but in fairness their club has been a complete basketcase for the best part of the last decade. Much the same can be said about Bolton. At Houston he improved their points tally in the first season there, not sure what went so wrong in the second but it happens.

Also, just because you haven't managed up here doesn't mean he doesn't know the game. I'll assume he's got a television. He also has the benefit of having contacts downs south which we can hopefully take advantage of to improve the gaping holes in the playing squad. It's not a perfect appointment but all due respect, we're Ross County. We were always going to be limited in our options. And considering some of the dreck that's unemployed in Scottish football I think we've taken a bit of a risk but no more so than Hartley, McNamara, Paatelainen, Hughes, Butcher or even Jack Ross.

We've not always been blessed with great managers, but McGregor's record of appointments is decent enough that I don't think it's worth getting in a huff about just because Blackburn fans don't rate him.

(09-28-2017, 02:06 PM)forkboy Wrote: Blackburn fans are entitled to their opinion, but in fairness their club has been a complete basketcase for the best part of the last decade. Much the same can be said about Bolton. At Houston he improved their points tally in the first season there, not sure what went so wrong in the second but it happens.

Also, just because you haven't managed up here doesn't mean he doesn't know the game. I'll assume he's got a television. He also has the benefit of having contacts downs south which we can hopefully take advantage of to improve the gaping holes in the playing squad. It's not a perfect appointment but all due respect, we're Ross County. We were always going to be limited in our options. And considering some of the dreck that's unemployed in Scottish football I think we've taken a bit of a risk but no more so than Hartley, McNamara, Paatelainen, Hughes, Butcher or even Jack Ross.

We've not always been blessed with great managers, but McGregor's record of appointments is decent enough that I don't think it's worth getting in a huff about just because Blackburn fans don't rate him.

We are Ross County,so  are all the moaners saying they don't like him, we will remember  
Your right fork boy

(09-07-2014, 03:00 PM)manogs Wrote: I take it no-one else noticed the column in the daily star yesterday, detailing Owen Coyle politely declining Roy's offer to become the next Ross county manager. My concern is now, if Owen Coyle has not applied for the job and Roy has approached him, what message does this send out to all that have applied for the vacancy? We could end up with Danny Lennon, as he's about the only one who seems to genuinely want the job ??

Just did a search for previous posts about Owen Coyle on the forum and lifted this from a thread from Adams was sacked. I must say I've got no recollection of this happening at the time, but it appears Roy approached Coyle to replace Adams before appointing McIntyre. Here we are, three years later with a different outcome. A combination of Coyle's stock falling even further, ours rising with the League Cup win, or a bit of both?

Coming across well in the meeting tonight, got the stream on Periscope from the SLO- great work!

(09-28-2017, 11:34 AM)It Wrote: Here are some comments from a Blackburn Rogers fansite:-

Poor sods.

I can't believe Roy never checked the Blackburn Rogers (sic) fan sites before making this appointment.......if he'd waited a few days we could have had Carlo Ancelotti (disclaimer - I've not checked the Bayern fan sites).
Hear Me Roar!

I think Blackburn fans aim higher than they should, still memories of Walker winning them the league aren't that long ago.

Regardless, you have to give Coyle time to bed his ideas and playing style in. Said during the meeting he loves playing with wide men (!) so getting them in place may take some time.

(09-28-2017, 04:53 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Just did a search for previous posts about Owen Coyle on the forum and lifted this from a thread from Adams was sacked.  I must say I've got no recollection of this happening at the time, but it appears Roy approached Coyle to replace Adams before appointing McIntyre.  Here we are, three years later with a different outcome.  A combination of Coyle's stock falling even further, ours rising with the League Cup win, or a bit of both?

I knew there was previous, just couldn't remember when.