Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Next Manager
Simple question:

Who do you want?

Jack Ross

I bet the usual names will get bandied about: Houston, Hughes, MacNamara, Hartley.

David Hopkin is a potential outsider for me, doing a fine job at Livi.

Tommy Wright.

But it wont happen. I'm sure Roy will have a few a few in mind, this decision wasn't taken quickly.

john Hughes without doubt!!!

(09-25-2017, 10:58 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Tommy Wright.

But it wont happen. I'm sure Roy will have a few a few in mind, this decision wasn't taken quickly.

He'd never take the step down.

Jack Ross would be my first choice.  It'll be pricey, but County could get him.

Stuart Kettlewell.

Jack Ross would be a good appointment, but whilst Roy clearly isn't adverse to paying compensation for the right man, I'm not sure we'd want to pay what St Mirren would be after.

Ross just signed an improved three year deal in August so compensation for him will be high.

Terry Butcher

(09-25-2017, 11:45 AM)Despot Wrote: Ross just signed an improved three year deal in August so compensation for him will be high.

County paid money for Mikkelsen and Draper.  I'd be very disappointed if they are put off by that, because Ross is light years ahead of some of the other muppets being linked.

With the international break looming im sure this may have played a part in the timing.

As long as JM and BD have taken the tombola with them im thinking of possibles.
Im sure the club have already an idea of possible appointees after recent performances.

Alan stubbs spring to mind.

Too early for kettlewell and need an experienced head.

Mark Macgee?, he has been touting himself to get back into club management

Suspect Ross County's most successful manager of all time may be available quite shortly without any compensation being payable !

(Joke)

(09-25-2017, 10:59 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: He'd never take the step down.

Jack Ross would be my first choice.  It'll be pricey, but County could get him.

Step down behave yourself  savage , it would be step up Roy would ekevate him he would elevate county 
County pay more than st Johnstone. Money talks

(09-25-2017, 01:11 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: With the international break looming im sure this may have played a part in the timing.

As long as JM and BD have taken the tombola with them im thinking of possibles.
Im sure the club have already an idea of possible appointees after recent performances.

Alan stubbs spring to mind.

Too early for kettlewell and need an experienced head.

A L A  N. who behave

(09-25-2017, 01:40 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Mark Macgee?, he has been touting himself to get back into club management

No Tattiedave  I wouldn't touch him with barge pole

(09-25-2017, 12:03 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: County paid money for Mikkelsen and Draper.  I'd be very disappointed if they are put off by that, because Ross is light years ahead of some of the other muppets being linked.

And who are the muppets then pray tell

Paul Hartley please!!

(09-25-2017, 10:59 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Stuart Kettlewell.

(09-25-2017, 03:42 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Paul Hartley please!!

I'll hand my season ticket in if that ---- head Gers the job

I'd love to see Stewart Kettlewell in the job ,but in my heart of hearts it is just too early for Ketts and would be unfair to him .but if a deal can be done to bring a senior manager in and make Ketts  his 2nd in command  I'd go for that ,

(09-25-2017, 01:45 PM)Strathglass Wrote: Suspect Ross County's most successful manager of all time may be available quite shortly without any compensation being payable !

(Joke)

Many a true word spoke in jest

Wright - good.
Stubbs, McGhee, Hartley - bad.

Was a little surprised by the strength of opinion; but Wright does seem the type to have a 'good' handshake, and the latter 3 are a bit green I suppose.

That 'good' handshake will only see Wright head off to Ibrokes once Pedro gets lynched by the Weegie press, he'd be an excellent manager here but it ain't ever happening.