Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ROSS COUNTY FOOTBALL CHANTS
Music 
Im a season ticket holder in the jail end and the atmoshere is pretty terrible most games as theres no singing and chanting.i have opened a facebook page called ross county football chants.  Where you can post football chants and let the fans decide by hitting like thumbs up etc.im sure with all the fans pulling together and making songs and singing them will give the players a lift during games instead of sitting there having to listen toaway fans sing.lets be our 12 man.the page is new so not many people on yet but i would hope it will take off and can be succesfull with new songs

(09-24-2017, 04:15 PM)daviedouglas1980 Wrote: Im a season ticket holder in the jail end and the atmoshere is pretty terrible most games as theres no singing and chanting.i have opened a facebook page called ross county football chants.  Where you can post football chants and let the fans decide by hitting like thumbs up etc.im sure with all the fans pulling together and making songs and singing them will give the players a lift during games instead of sitting there having to listen toaway fans sing.lets be our 12 man.the page is new so not many people on yet but i would hope it will take off and can be succesfull with new songs. Please share the page also and invite as many county fans as possible

They tried to sort out the problems with the atmosphere by introducing the Singing Section, which worked for around 2yrs but has died the death this year due to one thing and another. So all for the idea of the page etc but I am highly skepti al about its usefulness and if it would work in the long term

(09-24-2017, 04:34 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: They tried to sort out the problems with the atmosphere by introducing the Singing Section, which worked for around 2yrs but has died the death this year due to one thing and another. So all for the idea of the page etc but I am highly skepti al about its usefulness and if it would work in the long term

My thinking behind it is people dont know what to sing.if the page is popular enough we should have enough chants for a game.all ive heard is ooh to be a staggie about 3 times.once people learn songs it stays with them.if we all do nothing.nothings gona change but id rather try snd fail posdibly than not try at all

Possible clue to the sterile atmosphere in the home crowd -Jailend sit - away fans stand.

And the current lack of excitement on the pitch doesn't help eithet

There's 2 reasons why the singing section has died a death 1 is that people who were in that section have moved to the west or east stands myself in clued because we want to watch the game due to the lack of view that there is in the Jailend and 2 when we did have it going all the older generation of supporters did was complain because they didn't like it and don't the drummers to stop drumming

(09-24-2017, 04:46 PM)daviedouglas1980 Wrote: My thinking behind it is people dont know what to sing.if the page is popular enough we should have enough chants for a game.all ive heard is ooh to be a staggie about 3 times.once people learn songs it stays with them.if we all do nothing.nothings gona change but id rather try snd fail posdibly than not try at all

I didnt mean to do anything but inform.  I fully support what you are doing and hope thst it works

(09-24-2017, 10:22 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: There's 2 reasons why the singing section has died a death 1 is that people who were in that section have moved to the west or east stands myself in clued because we want to watch the game due to the lack of view that there is in the Jailend and 2 when we did have it going all the older generation of supporters did was complain because they didn't like it and don't the drummers to stop drumming

Through all the lower division years the atmosphere in the Jailend was electric but once we reached the top division it died.

Attempts were made with the introduction of the singing section to return that atmosphere but all that happened was that folks complained about the noise and the folk in the section were forced to scatter and it died the death.

Think another issue that didnt help it was the idiot minority who were throwing flares about while biding within the section meaning guys like StrathpefferStaggie etc felt they needed that the only option open to them was to move to avoid being tarred as one of the troublemaker.

(09-25-2017, 12:30 AM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Through all the lower division years the atmosphere in the Jailend was electric but once we reached the top division it died.

Absolute myth.