Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County vs Hibs - 23rd September
Sun glasses dusted off, looking forward to an exciting game, hopefully three points too Smile

Fox in goal, Curran and Mackay up top.

Tumilty right mid but losing us possession far too often.

A cheap free hit 10 yards out from a corner has us one down.

Gardyne has had the beating of Whitaker a few times but tge crossing has been very poor.

The game is woeful. Referee is beyond a joke and is inconsistent. And we are struggling to string 2 passes together, cant even do the simple things right and playing way too deep. This truly is relegation form. Suspect Jim has lost the dressing room. Time for Jim n Billy to do the honourable thing and fall on their swords.

Wonder what excuses he will roll out this time.

Oh dear, couldn't make the game due to work, but was hopeful seeing the line up, with Fox back in goal and McKay getting a start. Didn't make good reading from the BBC live text.

I'm going to not post while semi-hammered, because that performance has enraged me so much I need alcohol to calm me down.

Can't honestly say we deserved anything from that game today (however that's not to excuse an utterly shambolic display from Andrew Dallas. It's not just his rank incompetence that grates, it's the fact that we all know exactly how he's landed a place as a grade 1 referee). Personally think that Laidlaw is an absolute calamity in goals for Hibs (and Efe Ambrose's reputation rightly preceeds him) yet we barely laid a glove on them today

Good to see Fox back (and in truth he kept the score down), and a doff of the cap to the NAC Breda fans who were at the game today. Not many other positives to add, in all honesty
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

McKay didn't look anything special against Falkirk the other day. Not sure why he played today. We are going to have to rely on other sides being worse than us this year.

I thought Mckay looked alright. He didn't anticipate a few flicks-ons but looked good enough overall. He would be quite near the bottom of my list of concerns at the moment.

Poorest performance of the season for me, we didn't deserve anything and have to thank Fox for the scoreline not being 3-0 or 4-0.

No quality in centre midfield is starting to become a problem. All the centre midfielders we have are runners - there's nobody with real technical quality on ball like Woods did (for all his faults). I like Draper; he's powerful, commanding and is capable of dominating the midfield. Technically he's average, so we need to play someone alongside him who's very good technically to provide that balance. Yet O'Brien, Lindsay, Chow or Routis don't provide that. Draper and Woods would have been a good partnership, for what it's worth.

The decision to randomly start Tumility at right midfield was bizarre. You can't just throw a young player in out of the blue and out of position then take him off at half time. Very bad management. Why didn't Keillor-Dunn start? He was the best player in our last home game against Partick. Gardyne still has quality, but his legs have gone, probably more of an impact sub for me now.

I thought McKay didn't look too sharp, but that will come. I'm sure he will score goals once he's match fit. McKay and Curran will need to work together on the training ground as they looked like two individuals yesterday, rather than a real partnership. Again this is something that takes time, but I'm not sure McIntyre will get it.

To start thank goodness that Fox was back in the team if McSacrey was playing then it would have been 3 or 4 easy Tumilty is not a right winger DKD should have started to see us putting the ball into the box for someone to head it in is stupid when we have 2 of the shortest strikers in the country if we are doing that then Mikkelsen should have played but when he has played we play toe to toe football it makes no sense and I think he should go with McKay and Schalk that is if Roy gives him the time to sort things out

(09-24-2017, 07:56 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Poorest performance of the season for me, we didn't deserve anything and have to thank Fox for the scoreline not being 3-0 or 4-0.

No quality in centre midfield is starting to become a problem. All the centre midfielders we have are runners - there's nobody with real technical quality on ball like Woods did (for all his faults). I like Draper; he's powerful, commanding and is capable of dominating the midfield. Technically he's average, so we need to play someone alongside him who's very good technically to provide that balance. Yet O'Brien, Lindsay, Chow or Routis don't provide that. Draper and Woods would have been a good partnership, for what it's worth.

The decision to randomly start Tumility at right midfield was bizarre. You can't just throw a young player in out of the blue and out of position then take him off at half time. Very bad management. Why didn't Keillor-Dunn start? He was the best player in our last home game against Partick. Gardyne still has quality, but his legs have gone, probably more of an impact sub for me now.

I thought McKay didn't look too sharp, but that will come. I'm sure he will score goals once he's match fit. McKay and Curran will need to work together on the training ground as they looked like two individuals yesterday, rather than a real partnership. Again this is something that takes time, but I'm not sure McIntyre will get it.

You've taken the words out of my mouth here. The midfield hasn't been right for a long time. Draper is good at what he does, but he's not a midfield dynamo. O'Brien had a stinker yesterday too, which meant the midfield was either bypassed or just absent. 

I really liked the thought of Curran and Mackay up front, but not if we are going to pump long balls to them and make Ambrose look good. Get it on the deck, head for the bye line.

Fox is back to his best, kept it respectable. As said before, Tumilty so out of his depth in that position, felt sorry for him tbh. 

You simply do not win matches if you select a completely different formation and starting 11 every match. Continuity breeds success, and we have neither.

(09-24-2017, 10:22 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: You've taken the words out of my mouth here. The midfield hasn't been right for a long time. Draper is good at what he does, but he's not a midfield dynamo. O'Brien had a stinker yesterday too, which meant the midfield was either bypassed or just absent. 

I really liked the thought of Curran and Mackay up front, but not if we are going to pump long balls to them and make Ambrose look good. Get it on the deck, head for the bye line.

Fox is back to his best, kept it respectable. As said before, Tumilty so out of his depth in that position, felt sorry for him tbh. 

You simply do not win matches if you select a completely different formation and starting 11 every match. Continuity breeds success, and we have neither.

Answere this how many times  but not all,in one paraprapgh have you said this by way of pointing out various. Happenings. In different games ,County are going no where with Dodds and muckintyre ,
So Roy do something or there will,be no spectators. Left to watch this sad mournfull lot ,

How fit is Mackay ,I was not on for signing any player carrying injuries lour management team do this consistently ,we needed to go for points early get a decent striker early not  bring in an injured man who we don't know will do the buisness when he is j fit  Yes he was very good at ICT. He needs a big guy to play of , injury to GardYen will spell bad news. When a manager picks his team from Tombola  barrel number 44. ---

(09-24-2017, 11:46 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Answere this how many times  but not all,in one paraprapgh have you said this by way of pointing out various. Happenings. In different games ,County are going no where with Dodds and muckintyre ,
So Roy do something or there will,be no spectators. Left to watch this sad mournfull lot ,

How fit is Mackay ,I was not on for signing any player carrying injuries lour management team do this consistently ,we needed to go for points early get a decent striker early not  bring in an injured man who we don't know will do the buisness when he is j fit  Yes he was very good at ICT. He needs a big guy to play of , injury to GardYen will spell bad news. When a manager picks his team from Tombola  barrel number 44. ---

Sorry for grammar iPad bad in sun but better than me in shade lol One closed the other tears streaming I pad touching nose then moved sideways neck sore twisting  All for county  worth it. 
Can I say we support team always but management under duress

Played 7,won 1,drawn 1,lost 5,gd -9.
Not good enough.

Still abroad, so not having to suffer watching us lose yet again. It's not really fair commenting on games you haven't seen but it sounded pretty bad reading the BBC live text. In fact judging by previous home games and the comments on here I can pretty much imagine exactly what it was like.

It's been said so many times. Our midfield just doesn't act as a unit, either in defence or attack. In fact the whole team doesn't play as a unit. Something's not right on the training ground. The manager's supposedly got the players he wants but every team we play against looks better organised than we do. I also noticed on the BBC that Hibs came out of the blocks flying both in the first half and the second half. That's supposed to be the home team that does that isn't it? Where's the motivation generated by the manager ?

It's also been pointed out many times that we don't have a settled team. Different players in different positions every week. Couldn't believe it when I saw TumiIty playing in right midfield. I've noticed Jim's starting to sound like a relegation haunted manager already "Couldn't fault the lads for effort" "Didn't get the rub of the green" "Little bit more luck in front of goal" etc

I think he must be getting worried. I know I am.

Agree with much of this - was a very poor performance wasn't certain about the balance of the team but then haven't for a while.

I thought McKay was ok but got very little service at all from midfield - we were a little better when Schalk came on but he was dropping back and helping link play up - which i think tells its own story about the midfield. I think Draper is as other have said good at what he does and he is a big presence in there but we don't have wide players that get and stay wide DKD comes in a fair bit so we don't really have that byline. Gardyne is tricky and good to have but if you cover him then we are week because our central midfield in a creative sense is really not at it. Then we get the long balls and it coming straight back. They had a lot of movement in midfield and without Fox it would likely have been a lot worse.

I'm really worried as not sure we have the midfield options to help su get out of this - I think we miss Woods and could see him with Draper at least us having a little more vision and park. Think we have pretty good strikers - not the level of Boyce who made things happen for himself but if they can get some service am sure they could score.

Short of a change might be another long season - am just hoping there are two team at the end worse than we are.

(09-24-2017, 07:56 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: The decision to randomly start Tumility at right midfield was bizarre. You can't just throw a young player in out of the blue and out of position then take him off at half time. Very bad management. Why didn't Keillor-Dunn start? 

Thing is we are not even surprised any more. He'll just keep changing the starting 11 and hope that one week it works.
Maybe he'd be better with a squad of 16.

Every time the team sheet comes out, you can see heads scratching trying to work out what we're going to do. It's not confidence inspiring.

Having just seen the Sportscene highlights, looks like we should have had at least two, Gardyne and Schalk wasting the easiest chances. However looks like Hibs could have been 5 up!

still no out ball at corners and free kicks. My biggest bugbear of this clowns reign.