Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County vs Hibs - 23rd September
After missing the Celtic game, I feel this is a game we really need to win otherwise we could be starting to get cut adrift already this early in the season after Dundee, Partick and Killie (our direct competition this year with Hamilton as well) all picked up positive results.

Draper, O'Brien and McKay, please.

Heard rumours DKD may not make it for this?

I think we'll do well to get a result against an unpredictable Hibs side, after throwing away a 2 goal lead last Sat they'll be after 3 points up here.
McCarey
Naismith, Fraser, Davies, VDW
Midge, Draper, O'Brien, Dow(if DKD not fit)
MacKay, Curran

Mackay came off after about an hour tonight. I guess he starts against Hibs.

(09-19-2017, 06:46 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: I think we'll do well to get a result against an unpredictable Hibs side, after throwing away a 2 goal lead last Sat they'll be after 3 points up here.
McCarey
Naismith, Fraser, Davies, VDW
Midge, Draper, O'Brien, Dow(if DKD not fit)
MacKay, Curran
I agree with this team but for 2 changes.  Hopefully fox back in and shalke for curran because Mackay and wee alex looked good together against partick. But yeah apart from that changes solid team and hopefully 3 points this Saturday.

I saw Mckay had started for the development side, but if he came on off an hour he must be getting very close to full fitness. Expect him and Curran to start in that case, with Schalk coming on later.

It's gonna be tough. The Hibs look a lot more like a top 6 side than us. But not impossible to win this particular fixture.

I'll predict a 2 -2 draw.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

We should be looking to win this one. Hibs have struggled their last two games against Motherwell and Livingston and are not exactly in the form when we drew with them in the League Cup. These are exactly the games we need to start winning or else our manager's future should again be speculated on.

(09-21-2017, 09:21 AM)edinburghexile Wrote: We should be looking to win this one. Hibs have struggled their last two games against Motherwell and Livingston and are not exactly in the form when we drew with them in the League Cup. These are exactly the games we need to start winning or else our manager's future should again be speculated on.

Motherwell have already beaten us home and away, so not sure how that result stacks up. The Livi result shows they can be got at.

Fortunately Hibs have difficulty keeping their concentration for 90 minutes, unfortunately we have the same problem. Therefore it depends which team can keep it together for the duration. I predict a 2-1 win for County!

Can someone please tell me why Fox isnt playing?

Because even though he has been one of our best players since he came here (even got a player of the year award last year I think) he made 1 big mistake against Rangers and gets dropped, even though the bigger reason we lost that game was because of the mistakes the manager made.

(09-22-2017, 12:38 PM)RSCStaggie Wrote: Because even though he has been one of our best players since he came here (even got a player of the year award last year I think) he made 1 big mistake against Rangers and gets dropped, even though the bigger reason we lost that game was because of the mistakes the manager made.

Big Grin   

I was really hoping there was another reason... like a niggling injury or something.

(09-22-2017, 01:21 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Big Grin   

I was really hoping there was another reason... like a niggling injury or something.

Doubt he will be playing tomorrow - hearing his wofe went into labour this morning

(09-22-2017, 01:25 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Doubt he will be playing tomorrow - hearing his wofe went into labour this morning

That's wofe-ul spelling even for this site.  Site needs a spollchecker.  Hope all goes well for them.

A win please, any sort of win please please please.... etc etc...

Surely we have to see Fox back in goal? McCarey has looked out of his depth at times. Surely Jim hasn't been phoning down to Plymouth for naughty step tips?!

Fox's missus has just had a wee one, no sure.

(09-22-2017, 11:03 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Can someone please tell  me why Fox isnt playing?

Tombolas man, tombolas.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(09-22-2017, 10:43 PM)Despot Wrote: Fox's missus has just had a wee one, no sure.

So has mine, but I'd play if they'd let me  Tongue

It isn't stopping me going to watch so it certainly wouldn't stop me playing!

(09-23-2017, 01:13 AM)Spain Wrote: Tombolas man, tombolas.

I agree ,but do hope we beat Hibs I think we can 1.  0 will do but on other hand only hides. The true story of Tombola s man 

Please accept my sincere condolences on other matters  memories of childhood. Playing together
!! Alister!!

(09-23-2017, 08:36 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I agree ,but do hope we beat Hibs I think we can 1.  0 will do but on other hand only hides. The true story of Tombola s man 

Please accept my sincere condolences on other matters  memories of childhood. Playing together
!! Alister!!

I do hope I got this right , the gentleman Alister  was my boss too for two years. His father  fondly known  as  Old Pat was the modern  Roy MacGreggor of his time ,kept Invergordon Alness and seaboard village men in work , I'm maybe biased here. But Roy wouldn't fill old pats boots ! Have to say it !!