Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Ross County v Partick Thistle Sat 9th Sept
(09-08-2017, 02:39 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Seriously, slagging off our own team/management/directors is what our support do best, I honestly think that we have some of the worst supporters in the country.  Even worse than the ever grumpy Hearts fans, never happy unless they're gurning about something or other!

But I'm with you, happy clapper or whatever you want to call it, lets get behind OUR team for a change.

Tank, we are all behind the club but can u not grip that everybody can see we have a team that can compete with most teams in league but they are not. Im no manager in disguise but do not think our current dynamic duo have a scoobie how to get the best out of them. 
Last 3 games have gone fom great or rank in the space of 45. Its jekyll and hyde stuff.
Just give us 90 of consistent footie and we would all go home happy and keep the sweets in our pockets

Bet u tomoz will be blistering and ill skuttle away?

So tomorrow marks 3 years since Jim and Billy came to the club that and the fact that it is a must win game for us I think we will win

442 & three points please.

What's the odds on McKay to score on his debut?

(09-08-2017, 09:45 PM)frankthetank Wrote: What's the odds on McKay to score on his debut?

Slim, considering it was three weeks ago against Motherwell...

Hahaha let me rephrase that then, I see Billy McKay is 5/1 to be first or last scorer on his HOME debut.

Hopefully it's a winner.

(09-09-2017, 06:20 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Slim, considering it was three weeks ago against Motherwell...

Saw it ,will miss today's game going into hospital for eye operation cataract  so won't make game ,it had to be a Saturday of all days NHS so far behind ,but that is life,
Oh yes today armed forces day will miss that too first time in years  so as you stand to cheer team out look at your cap badge remember them ,
There is a club who do armed forces proud today

Big changes today!

(09-09-2017, 02:02 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Big changes today!

Fox dropped but that's hardly a surprise. Routis beside Draper in midfield in a 442, I'm happy with that.

(09-09-2017, 02:21 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Fox dropped but that's hardly a surprise. Routis beside Draper in midfield in a 442, I'm happy with that.

I like that there are two keepers capable of pushing each other.  Not sure Fox has been playing that badly, other than the obvious. 

I like that midfield a bit more than other permutations.

Good to see DKD starting! Not at the game due to work today, interesting to see Draper and Routis together in the middle, wasn't sure how well they'd compliment each other as a 2.

Gutted best first half we've played this season, lots of chances especially in first 15 mins DKD has been best player on the park by a distance imo.

How we didn't hit them for at least four or five I don't know!

McKay eventually pops the ball in the net then the ref bows up to give the penalty, thank **** Schalk tucked it away. A more one sided draw would be hard to see.

(09-09-2017, 03:53 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Gutted best first half we've played this season, lots of chances especially in first 15 mins DKD has been best player on the park by a distance imo.

Pleased for DKD ,the boy Ashmore looks good for a slot ,but I cannot comment on game today  had eye operation  }##<?^  Saturday of all days. ,now over all should we have won orcwas a draw fair ,no good  lots of chances not outing them away

(09-09-2017, 05:27 PM)frankthetank Wrote: How we didn't hit them for at least four or five I don't know!

McKay eventually pops the ball in the net then the ref bows up to give the penalty, thank **** Schalk tucked it away. A more one sided draw would be hard to see.

To be fair to the ref he had blown for the penalty well before the ball went in.  Oh how we miss a predator like Boyce - MacKay looked really good when he came on and seemed to link well with Schalk.  All being well he will have brought his scoring boots with him.  So far points wise not the greatest start to the season but we are making the chances.  A good strihker would have had an easy hattrick today.

(09-09-2017, 05:27 PM)frankthetank Wrote:  A more one sided draw would be hard to see.

Indeed, lots of chances and we deserved to win today. Thought Davis K-D was super in the first half, likewise Deaper excellent in the second. Despite Routis going off injured we really pushed for the equaliser and a winner with 10 men. 

The least said about the ref the better...

A strange game of football, not helped by some truly woeful refereeing and Partick trying to spoil it in the second half with defenders dropping to the floor every time a ball went into the box. 

Positives:

- Schalk + Mckay look a decent combination, I'd like to see them start against Hibs
- Draper showed more of his old self in bursts
- DKD was very impressive, even if he looked absolutely shattered after the 75th minute
- We had some nice slick moves at times with good crosses that nobody took

Negatives:

- Draper and Routis is not the answer in central midfield
- Fraser was a mix of composure and sloppiness, swiping too often at balls
- Mikkelsen really needs to stay on his feet, referees will get tired of his flopping quickly
- We started like a train then when Partick altered their midfield Routis and Draper got bypassed far too easily

But as a major plus, the venison pie was outstanding again.

(09-09-2017, 08:47 PM)Despot Wrote: A strange game of football, not helped by some truly woeful refereeing and Partick trying to spoil it in the second half with defenders dropping to the floor every time a ball went into the box. 

Positives:

- Schalk + Mckay look a decent combination, I'd like to see them start against Hibs
- Draper showed more of his old self in bursts
- DKD was very impressive, even if he looked absolutely shattered after the 75th minute
- We had some nice slick moves at times with good crosses that nobody took

Negatives:

- Draper and Routis is not the answer in central midfield
- Fraser was a mix of composure and sloppiness, swiping too often at balls
- Mikkelsen really needs to stay on his feet, referees will get tired of his flopping quickly
- We started like a train then when Partick altered their midfield Routis and Draper got bypassed far too easily

But as a major plus, the venison pie was outstanding again.

Re: your comments on Draper and Routis, I wasn't at the game today so am relying on what is being relayed here, but this is the concern I had when I saw the line up initially. We definitely require a more dynamic, three dimensional type alongside either of these, seeing they were lining up together gave me the fear. Had a nice uneasy feeling that it'd be too easy to play them out of the game.

(09-09-2017, 10:19 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: Re: your comments on Draper and Routis, I wasn't at the game today so am relying on what is being relayed here, but this is the concern I had when I saw the line up initially. We definitely require a more dynamic, three dimensional type alongside either of these, seeing they were lining up together gave me the fear. Had a nice uneasy feeling that it'd be too easy to play them out of the game.

I think Draper is going to be a big part of our midfield going forward, we just need someone more mobile next to him. Routis has qualities but ground covering is not one of them. When he went off we improved which beggared belief.

(09-09-2017, 10:35 PM)Despot Wrote: I think Draper is going to be a big part of our midfield going forward, we just need someone more mobile next to him. Routis has qualities but ground covering is not one of them. When he went off we improved which beggared belief.

Thought Draper was really good and Routis was not bad either but still. It sure we have the midfielders for a four in midfield. We are very reliant on Midge for creativity and Draper and Routis provide us a base but not much more. If you Mark Midge we struggle a fair bit though Dchalk and McKay looked lively but I thought Michelson was pretty strong.

It's good to have attacking impetus down the left as well as the right now. We can't rely on Gardyne to do everything. 

I was really impressed by Draper.  Not only did he win just about all his own duels, the tackles and interceptions high up the pitch meant the team could turn the screw a little bit more.  Not to mention a couple of really important blocks that he made around his own box.  I thought he was MOTM.

I thought the team didn't do too badly, all in all.  The team began to run out of ideas when Thistle dropped deep and I think Mckay for Mikkelsen should have happened ten minutes sooner.  Schalk had an impact too but Mckay is a clever player and a real threat - I'm looking forward to him getting the service that the strikers got in the first half.

Two concerns are with Kelly's confidence and what happens when Davies is absent.