Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Tickets for rangers game
I see the game is now sold out and I was too stupid to buy a ticket in advance.
Does anyone in Inverness have a spare ticket or season ticket seat that won't be getting used please?
Will only pay full ticket price and can collect.
Please help out a fellow staggie.

(08-22-2017, 09:19 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote:  or season ticket seat that won't be getting used please?

Was thinking about this yesterday, it's a pity that there will still be lots of empty seats despite being "Sold Out", especially those season tickets that were bought cheap over the summer by those only intending to attend a few games.

I'd happily give up my ticket in these circumstances to someone I knew was a genuine County fan going to miss out*, sorry cant help you this time Westhill. 

Don't some clubs have a system where ST holders can advise if their seat is going to be free? 
It doesn't happen often with us, but let's see how many empty seats there are on Sunday.

*I suppose they are officially non-transferable and I'd get in big trouble

(08-23-2017, 08:45 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Don't some clubs have a system where ST holders can advise if their seat is going to be free? 
It doesn't happen often with us, but let's see how many empty seats there are on Sunday.

Yeah a lot now offer fans the chance to sell their ticket online, which then allows the seller to put money towards away game tickets and cup matches.

I hope that they have not been sold to Rangers fans and doing County supporters out of a seat. (Me included)

(08-23-2017, 10:02 AM)edinburghexile Wrote: I hope that they have not been sold to Rangers fans and doing County supporters out of a seat. (Me included)

Can understand that sentiment - but if locals are buying tickets for the County end - how are the club to know they are Rangers fans - not an easy thing to stop if it's local based folk phoning up and buying the tickets?

I'm pretty sure this happened at the last home match Vs Rangers - very difficult to stop if it's people just phoning in and buying up tickets from the club? For games like this, it's always best that the County fans get in early and book their tickets....I know that's easier said than done sometimes, but just thinking about how we avoid this and people losing out....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Unfortunately I think quite a lot of Rangers fans may have bought tickets in the home ends. I heard that the away end sold out so fast that some Rangers supporters just bought home end tickets.

Going to be an interesting shift for the stewards on Sunday afternoon.

(08-23-2017, 10:09 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Unfortunately I think quite a lot of Rangers fans may have bought tickets in the home ends. I heard that the away end sold out so fast that some Rangers supporters just bought home end tickets.

Going to be an interesting shift for the stewards on Sunday afternoon.
I agree - it's very difficult to stop this if it's local based Rangers fans and it's being done over a phone...nightmare for the club to control

(08-23-2017, 10:11 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: I agree - it's very difficult to stop this if it's local based Rangers fans and it's being done over a phone...nightmare for the club to control

Some other clubs operate a policy where you are required to have a booking history with the club to be allowed to buy tickets for certain games. County have a supporter database now, so the could do that if they wanted to.  It wouldn't be 100% effective, but if they find away fans are causing problems in the home end then it could be something to consider.

Of course, if away fans behave themselves then arguably it's better to have them in the home end than empty, unsold seats.

(08-23-2017, 10:28 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Some other clubs operate a policy where you are required to have a booking history with the club to be allowed to buy tickets for certain games. County have a supporter database now, so the could do that if they wanted to.  It wouldn't be 100% effective, but if they find away fans are causing problems in the home end then it could be something to consider.

Of course, if away fans behave themselves then arguably it's better to have them in the home end than empty, unsold seats.
Totally agree and it's already been raised and is being discussed at the pre-ops meeting with Police and Stewards on Friday - so hopefully there are no issues on Sunday.

I'll raise that point again about booking history / fans database  Shy

My tax driver from Inshes to home after the Motherwell game fan is a Rangers fan who's got a cracking seat in the East Stand. Much better positioned than mine, anyway.

Locals buying tickets for the home-end should be a good thing, its depressing that so many will then support The Rangers during the game.

This issue wouldn't crop up if County supporters bought tickets in time.

If tickets are available, Sevconians will buy.

(08-22-2017, 09:19 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I see the game is now sold out and I was too stupid to buy a ticket in advance.
Does anyone in Inverness have a spare ticket or season ticket seat that won't be getting used please?
Will only pay full ticket price and can collect.
Please help out a fellow staggie.

That's me sorted for a ticket now thanks to the generosity of a fellow staggie, thanks very much, now to book my seat on the bus.

(08-23-2017, 01:13 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: This issue wouldn't crop up if County supporters bought tickets in time.

If tickets are available, Sevconians will buy.

Agreed - it's a game we know will attract a large support - with games like this it's important that our own fans snap up their home tickets well in advance to avoid losing out!

Don't have a problem with Sevco fans buying tickets for the home end as long as they behave themselves, unlike last season when they scored and they celebrated as if they were in their end of the ground, and unfortunately one of them got pretty aggressive with an elderly County fan who asked them to sit down and after he was spoken to by a steward he was still abusive to the County fan, it was only when a few more of us objected to his behaviour that he was finally ejected all the while he continued with the abuse(this was in the ESE) I know of a couple of local Sevco fans who sat in the jailend without colours and watched the game without incident.
I e-mailed David O'Connor after the game to complain about the sevco fans wearing their colours in our stand and about the time it took for the abusive fan to be ejected and also about fans openily drinking alcohol outside the stadium, he replied saying he'd had a few e-mails and comments and they'd take on board all the comments and would address all the issues.
We'll find out on Sun if any lessons have been learned.

(08-23-2017, 04:23 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Don't have a problem with Sevco fans buying tickets for the home end as long as they behave themselves, unlike last season when they scored and they celebrated as if they were in their end of the ground, and unfortunately one of them got pretty aggressive with an elderly County fan who asked them to sit down and after he was spoken to by a steward he was still abusive to the County fan, it was only when a few more of us objected to his behaviour that he was finally ejected all the while he continued with the abuse(this was in the ESE) I know of a couple of local Sevco fans who sat in the jailend without colours and watched the game without incident.
I e-mailed David O'Connor after the game to complain about the sevco fans wearing their colours in our stand and about the time it took for the abusive fan to be ejected and also about fans openily drinking alcohol outside the stadium, he replied saying he'd had a few e-mails and comments and they'd take on board all the comments and would address all the issues.
We'll find out on Sun if any lessons have been learned.

Money for county ,we missed this drawing power  full,stadium stewards on the ball  keep an eye. On every area.

(08-23-2017, 08:45 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Was thinking about this yesterday, it's a pity that there will still be lots of empty seats despite being "Sold Out", especially those season tickets that were bought cheap over the summer by those only intending to attend a few games.

I'd happily give up my ticket in these circumstances to someone I knew was a genuine County fan going to miss out*, sorry cant help you this time Westhill. 

Don't some clubs have a system where ST holders can advise if their seat is going to be free? 

It happens all the time in cup games you can see the big empty spaces in east stand ,which will,probably become permanent ,when the  25 years  or so runs out.

(08-23-2017, 05:51 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Money for county ,we missed this drawing power  full,stadium stewards on the ball  keep an eye. On every area.

It happens all the time in cup games you can see the big empty spaces in east stand ,which will,probably become permanent ,when the  25 years  or so runs out.

I'll still be there when my 25 year ticket runs out Buff.

(08-23-2017, 07:51 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I'll still be there when my 25 year ticket runs out Buff.

As will I   Dodgy

(08-23-2017, 09:37 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: As will I   Dodgy

Good on you ma boy I like that Tattie Dave. I always knew he would be there no matter what

(08-23-2017, 07:51 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I'll still be there when my 25 year ticket runs out Buff.

tattiedave  fine I knew that,you were there with the money when it was needed ,I never forget that 
You are a  diamond For Ross county, my utmost respect for you all the time  your posts are sincere and honest thank you for being a !! Staggie!!!

(08-23-2017, 09:37 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: As will I   Dodgy

I read that as you really don't want to still be there, but are just resigned to it  Wink