Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Our management team
(08-22-2017, 04:33 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Who in the name of god is Vander Beg? 

It's not me, anyway
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(08-22-2017, 04:44 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: It's not me, anyway

Is 'Vander Beg' not gaelic for 'Wee Vander'?
Could be you mate.

(08-22-2017, 04:33 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Who in the name of god is Vander Beg? 

He was in Dawson's Creek.

(08-22-2017, 04:48 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Is 'Vander Beg' not gaelic for 'Wee Vander'?
Could be you mate.

What you heard? :-D
Assuming the intended subject was KVDW, he's anything but wee (indeed, those gargantuan thighs could probably crush a man May Day style)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(08-22-2017, 07:06 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote:
What you heard? :-D

Assuming the intended subject was KVDW, he's anything but wee (indeed, those gargantuan thighs could probably crush a man May Day style)

Only good things mate  Wink

Bye bye Jim n Billy. Think your time is up.

TAXI FOR McINTYRE & DODDS

Interested to hear folks views on another woeful performance. I'm sure some will use the Fox error to brush aside more crap from our management team. That first half might have been the worst yet under Jim. No fight, no quality, no nothing. In his pre match interview he talked about taking game to them and being on front foot! We can't even take a decent dead ball......

(08-27-2017, 05:21 PM)Heidcase1987 Wrote: Interested to hear folks views on another woeful performance. I'm sure some will use the Fox error to brush aside more crap from our management team. That first half might have been the worst yet under Jim. No fight, no quality, no nothing. In his pre match interview he talked about taking game to them and being on front foot! We can't even take a decent dead ball......

That was woe full,football all round two woefull teams who,will be fighting it out to escape relegation unless  the management team are sacked,honestly not impressed thus is the tyoe of football that drives support away ,Keller Dunn will go onto bigger things too good for county,

(08-27-2017, 05:21 PM)Heidcase1987 Wrote: I'm sure some will use the Fox error to brush aside more crap from our management team. 

I'm not that bothered about Fox's mistake.  The replay looks really bad, but sometimes it happens with keepers.

The lack of any kind of cutting edge in the team is alarming, however.  The left flank is so weak.  There's no pace in the team.  Despite having a large number of central midfielders to choose from now, there isn't one whose strength is to pick up the ball from deep and pass it into a team-mate's stride.

There aren't that many winnable fixtures in the next eight weeks, the pressure is going to ramp up quickly after the international break.

Well what direction are we going, forwards, backwards or staying steady?

On today's showing staying up is our priority. Zero cutting edge, midfield mostly passengers, Naiismith looking out of sorts.

Worrying.

That first half performance was embarrassing, and that's Jim's team and tactics, after 5mins you could see how wrong it was. Bored of this, he has had all the facilities he has asked for and we are regressing.
Never had such a large home support so quiet.

(08-27-2017, 05:21 PM)Heidcase1987 Wrote: Interested to hear folks views on another woeful performance. I'm sure some will use the Fox error to brush aside more crap from our management team. That first half might have been the worst yet under Jim. No fight, no quality, no nothing. In his pre match interview he talked about taking game to them and being on front foot! We can't even take a decent dead ball......

Is it the managers fault that Tim Chow jumped out of a 60/40 tackle in his favour after 5 mins and set the tone for an inept first half performance by the midfield ?
After the change ,with Mickelson coming on,we were better, but the Fox showboat in front of the Rangers fans causing the second goal killed us.

Well the manager picked the team and the formation used. Five across the middle left Curran totally isolated and you had to feel for him. Unfortunately the midfield was anonymous in the opening half hour and the before half time change was an admission that his tactics were wrong. Fair play to Micklesson he did make a difference today.
Thought too that the players' body language today didn't convince that all is well. 
Fortunately for us Partick, Killie and Dundee have all had bad starts. Presumably Mckay is still some way of full fitness but both he and Draper now have two full weeks. The Partick game, with Celtic to follow, now becomes even more crucial.

(08-27-2017, 08:28 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Is it the managers fault that Tim Chow jumped out of a 60/40 tackle in his favour after 5 mins and set the tone for an inept first half performance by the midfield ?
After the change ,with Mickelson coming on,we were better, but the Fox showboat in front of the Rangers fans causing the second goal killed us.

It's Jim's team on that pitch and I'm not seeing many players playing for him. Players going through the motions, has the manager lost the ability to motivate the team and get them up for the game? Big crowd, tv cameras and rangers in town........that's the best we can come up with in first half!! Embarrassing. In my opinion Jim doesn't know his best 11 and the formation to use. Very worrying. Jim has to take responsibility for that formation in the first half, regardless of what chow did or didn't not do.

(08-27-2017, 05:38 PM)john@THHP Wrote: I'm not that bothered about Fox's mistake.  The replay looks really bad, but sometimes it happens with keepers.

The lack of any kind of cutting edge in the team is alarming, however.  The left flank is so weak.  There's no pace in the team.  Despite having a large number of central midfielders to choose from now, there isn't one whose strength is to pick up the ball from deep and pass it into a team-mate's stride.

There aren't that many winnable fixtures in the next eight weeks, the pressure is going to ramp up quickly after the international break.

Know it’s not popular but Woods was the one central midfielder last year who at least looked to create going forward. In a 2 there were risks but he at least looked for a pass.  We are now so reliant on Gardyne things are easy to stop and he keeps working and our one goal came down that side but really we didn’t create that much.  I certainly felt today first half was really poor but I don’t think I could fault the effort but the tactics and structure were poor and man that felt awful today.

(08-27-2017, 03:49 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Bye bye Jim n Billy. Think your time is up.

TAXI FOR McINTYRE & DODDS

I will phone DP Taxi  Tongue Tongue

(08-27-2017, 08:43 PM)Heidcase1987 Wrote: It's Jim's team on that pitch and I'm not seeing many players playing for him. Players going through the motions, has the manager lost the ability to motivate the team and get them up for the game? Big crowd, tv cameras and rangers in town........that's the best we can come up with in first half!! Embarrassing. In my opinion Jim doesn't know his best 11 and the formation to use. Very worrying. Jim has to take responsibility for that formation in the first half, regardless of what chow did or didn't not do.

You can have any formation you want,but if you have players bottling tackles early doors you are beat.
Tactics were too defensive, played too deep in first half,stood off them,made them look good.
Just have to beat them at Ibrox to even it up.
By the way,we have to take heart in the way" The Rangers " fans celebrated the victory,they were worried and not confident before ko

(08-27-2017, 06:30 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Well what direction are we going, forwards, backwards or staying steady?

Looks like your beyond help Wemys if you can not it work out ,were you at game ,how many games have you seen  !! Clue ! No progress

Why are we still thinking Sevco = Rangers ?

They're not even close.