Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell Vs Ross County
Some info for fans:

Ross County fans will be situated in the Phil O'Donnell stand - Staggies fans are welcomed into the Cooper Bar which will be showing the lunchtime KO's on Sky - bar will also be open after the match for anyone wishing to attend.

Away bus times are as follows for those travelling:

Tore - 8:45am

Dingwall - 9:00am

Inverness - 9:20am 

Any young Staggies attending their first away game or anyone who has a birthday this weekend attending the Motherwell match - can you get in touch please using email:  SLO@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk
Supporter Liaison Officer 

This should be an interesting match - or certainly the result. I thought Motherwell looked good in the Betfred game against us and then they got hammered last week by St Johnstone.

We thought we'd done OK against Aberdeen even though we lost , so although it's very early in the season, a good win or a bad loss could be significant.

Tight defence, strong organised midfield and 2 or 3 good goals should see us winning :-)

Good luck and fair play to all Staggies attending.

Just to say we have two young Staggie fans reading out the Ross County starting line up tomorrow away to Motherwell - nice touch by Motherwell FC

Staggies also welcome in the Cooper Bar which will be showing the lunchtime KO on Sky Sports

Also - follow SLO Twitter @RCFC_SLO for live match updates
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Louis Moult wants away, wonder if he'll play. Could do without him tbh.

Score first and we'll stroll to a 3 or 4 goal victory. They're shaping up to be cannon fodder. COYS

Tough game to call, equally winnable as it is lose able.  I'd like us to line up like this 

Fox
Fraser Davies VDW
Naismith Chow Draper Gardyne
O'Brien
Curran Schalk

(08-19-2017, 01:23 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Tough game to call, equally winnable as it is lose able.  I'd like us to line up like this 

Fox
Fraser Davies VDW
Naismith Chow Draper Gardyne
O'Brien
Curran Schalk

Lindsay in for Draper and you've got it.

(08-19-2017, 02:20 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Lindsay in for Draper and you've got it.

Really, I've seen Lindsay play in a County shirt against Hibs and Aberdeen, on both occasions he was a waste of a shirt imo

I'd prefer Dykes got a game ahead of Lindsay, from a Ross County development point of view. I know some people are swooning after Lindsay but I'm yet to be convinced tbh, another goal like he scored against dundee would help mind you.

Useless bbc reporting again, Ross draper who's on the subs bench wins a free kick in the 4th minute, how'd he manage that???

I see McKay is on the bench too, maybe be a wee run out for him in the second half.

(08-19-2017, 03:14 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I see McKay is on the bench too, maybe be a wee run out for him in the second half.

Following on Twitter, thanks to our very own SLO.

Game is screaming for Mckay

Any good?

There's more interest in Plymouth Argyle games than County games on this messageboard.......

Sack Jim and Billy, it's obviously their fault.

(08-19-2017, 05:49 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Any good?

Not really

We were the better side during the first half, but without having all that many clear-cut chances (JOB's hammy went early doors). A fair few heavy tackles were flying in early on- a red card seemed inevitable
2nd half we were absolutely honking. Motherwell evidently were on the receiving end of the hairdryer treatment at half-time, as they came roaring out at the start of the 2nd half and didn't let us settle and get into the game
First goal was soft - Davies took a wild swipe at a fairly tame ball across the box, completely missed it and Tait put it away into the corner
Not long after Schalk missed a really decent opportunity- he seemed to put too much focus on getting the ball over the keeper, and ended up lifting it over the bar
Davies went off injured around 65 minutes- Kelly replacing him, with KVDW moving in 1- at the same time, Mckay replaced Schalk (personally thought CuzDog looked burst by that point, but then again Mcintyre knows more than me)
Any chance we had of a barely-deserved equaliser went out the window 10 minutes later, when KVDW fouled (I think) Cadden after a neat Motherwell move left him 1 on 1 v Fox. Personally don't think there can be any complaints regarding both the penalty award and the subsequent red card for KVDW- Moult scored the resulting penalty
The game predictably enough got rather stretched after that as we committed what we could of our remaining 10 players forward, although in truth Motherwell looked more likely to add to their 2 than we did to get 1

We didn't get much by way of service to Mckay (who probably isn't 100% match fit yet anyway), while we could really do with getting Draper fully up to speed. Midge, bless him, is many things but he's not a reliable dead-ball expert (nor is Routis a wide man), and with Davies injured and KVDW almost certainly suspended, we're rather short on numbers at the back for next Sunday

Disappointing day all round
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Two bad mistakes cost us.

Davies swiped at the first and totally missed leaving an easy (if scuffed) finish and then Kenny was totally asleep and lost a ball that should have been his and clipped the man.

We'll most likely have 0 centre halves for Rangers now.

I thought Chow was totally anonymous today - spent more time pointing out Motherwell players for others to match up with, than actually putting in tackles - distribution was also poor.

I would want to see the penalty again before being convinced it was a red card. I thought ref was poor- gave us very little all afternoon - not too long after KDVW red card, Motherwell centre back put in a crunching tackle in centre circle, man then ball, we didn't even get the foul.

imo it wasnt a pen , Motherwell player made the most of it. the game should have been out of sight in the first half. credit to Motherwell they were worthy winners overall. Davies injured again, thankfully I will miss the game next week, we are to predictable at the moment and are at times hard to watch. 130 of us were here today , but I can see more people giving the away games a miss in future.

(08-19-2017, 09:05 PM)It Wrote: There's more interest in Plymouth Argyle games than County games on this messageboard.......

Sack Jim and Billy, it's obviously their fault.

I was there you can't say that because they had to make 2 changes that were injury related so you can't do much when that happens

First half we were fairly average, case that we should have scored. Motherwell were absolutely dire.

Second half they addressed their problems, scored two goals and won the game. That about covers it.

(08-19-2017, 09:13 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Not really

We were the better side during the first half, but without having all that many clear-cut chances (JOB's hammy went early doors). A fair few heavy tackles were flying in early on- a red card seemed inevitable
2nd half we were absolutely honking. Motherwell evidently were on the receiving end of the hairdryer treatment at half-time, as they came roaring out at the start of the 2nd half and didn't let us settle and get into the game
First goal was soft - Davies took a wild swipe at a fairly tame ball across the box, completely missed it and Tait put it away into the corner
Not long after Schalk missed a really decent opportunity- he seemed to put too much focus on getting the ball over the keeper, and ended up lifting it over the bar
Davies went off injured around 65 minutes- Kelly replacing him, with KVDW moving in 1- at the same time, Mckay replaced Schalk (personally thought CuzDog looked burst by that point, but then again Mcintyre knows more than me)
Any chance we had of a barely-deserved equaliser went out the window 10 minutes later, when KVDW fouled (I think) Cadden after a neat Motherwell move left him 1 on 1 v Fox. Personally don't think there can be any complaints regarding both the penalty award and the subsequent red card for KVDW- Moult scored the resulting penalty
The game predictably enough got rather stretched after that as we committed what we could of our remaining 10 players forward, although in truth Motherwell looked more likely to add to their 2 than we did to get 1

We didn't get much by way of service to Mckay (who probably isn't 100% match fit yet anyway), while we could really do with getting Draper fully up to speed. Midge, bless him, is many things but he's not a reliable dead-ball expert (nor is Routis a wide man), and with Davies injured and KVDW almost certainly suspended, we're rather short on numbers at the back for next Sunday

Disappointing day all round

Thank you. Sounds a bit grim.