Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Visitor from afar
Hi all - I'm travelling up from Norfolk on the weekend of September 23/24 for the Loch Ness Marathon (on the 24th)... as a football fan I'm hoping to take in the County game versus Hibs (my first ever SPL game) that weekend (currently scheduled for the Saturday).

What advice can you guys give me for which stand to sit in, best atmosphere, whether best to buy a ticket before the match or on the day, parking etc, I'd be mightily grateful.

I'm a Norwich fan, but a county fan for the day...

Thanks in advance

Matt

I think you could sit anywhere for atmosphere but remember there will only be approx 3000 fans there so nothing like a big singing area etc that you would get at the Celtic home games for example. East Stand is usually easiest to get a ticket for but if it is a sunny day the sun is right in your face all game. West Stand is the more traditional stand with seats harder to get but should be possible. The Jailend is behind the goals. The away stand is obviously for the Hibs fans and to be truthful probably more atmospheric.
You can buy a ticket right up to the game starting at the portakabin to the left as you arrive at the stadium it is clearly signposted. Easy parking in Dingwall which is free or if you want to park right beside the ground there is a car park there which I think costs a fiver.
Hope you enjoty the game.

I would give the club a ring and get a ticket beforehand, easy enough to pick your ticket up from the portakabin by the ground.

For the seat? If the weather sucks, go west stand. If the weather is good and you want some atmosphere, east stand.

My advice for parking is find somewhere in Dingwall (plenty of space) and walk down to the ground.

(08-11-2017, 11:32 AM)MATT1174 Wrote: Hi all - I'm travelling up from Norfolk on the weekend of September 23/24 for the Loch Ness Marathon (on the 24th)... as a football fan I'm hoping to take in the County game versus Hibs (my first ever SPL game) that weekend (currently scheduled for the Saturday).

What advice can you guys give me for which stand to sit in, best atmosphere, whether best to buy a ticket before the match or on the day, parking etc, I'd be mightily grateful.

I'm a Norwich fan, but a county fan for the day...

Thanks in advance

Matt

Atmosphere wise, get in the Hibs end, although getting a ticket might be a bit difficult. They will most likely sell out their allocation. 

Parking wise, there is a tesco about five minutes walk away, and you can have a look at the town when you go through.

The Global Energy Stadium is to Celtic Park or Ibrox as Carrow Road is to The Emirates or Old Trafford.  It will be a bit quieter than Carrow Road but you’ll love it!

You should try and get into the west stand for the full experience.  In there you will hear the rustle of sweetie papers, some tut-tutting when the opposition managers swears,  some polite clapping when the subs pass by, and some inane shouting from a guy at the back who is still living with the 1980’s off side laws.  

I would normally recommend the haggis pie for visitors, but as you will be carb loading you should go for a macaroni pie.  Better than anything Delia can rustle up.  And some strawberry laces for when you hit the wall on Sunday.

Enjoy!