Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Ross County vs Aberdeen
(08-15-2017, 01:31 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I've taken the liberty of critiquing your post.  You didn't ask me to, and you probably wont appreciate it but C'est La Vie Mon Ami.

That's fine, I knew the falafel burger comment would be a bit of a grenade.  Don't knock it until you've tried it though. I find a normal beef burger is a bit too heavy when I'm spending an extended period in the pub, but a veggie-type burger provides essential sustenance without compromising drinking capacity.

I agree the ICT team is decidedly unfit.  Perhaps they should lay off the beef burgers and give falafel a chance too?

A few more thoughts from the game (some of which has been touched on elsewhere):
-This is a very, very good Aberdeen side (indeed, if the team of the mid 80s is their Golden era, given their propensity to finish 2nd and lose in cup finals, we really should be calling the current team their Silver era). I'm not overly disappointed at losing 2-1 to them. The teams around us don't possess anything like their talent, nous, strength in depth etc
-Again on the Aberdeen theme, I believe Schalk has Darren Mackie Syndrome. Much of his best work infront of goal is purely instinctive (witness his League Cup semi final and final goals and his volleyed equaliser v caley last season as but 3 examples), whereas if you give him more time clean-through on goal, his finishing can be wayward
-There are merits to playing 3-5-2, however it does give the 2 wing-backs a huge volume of work to do, particularly Naismith who had GMS running direct at him on numerous occasions. He actually blocked a good number of crosses, however 1 was always going to eventually get past him (which led to the winner- smallest man on the park winning a header at the back post? Hmmm)
- Thought Draper did a pretty decent job breaking up the play in the 1st half before fading in the 2nd half (although he was far from the only one). We're not going to get anything more glamorous out of him than that- that should have been apparent as early as the warm-up, when he stayed with the defence while Routis and Lindsay joined in with shooting practice (honourable mention here for Jim O'Brien, who after shanking a shot into the Jail End, took the time to come over and check the individual he'd hit was OK)
-We Need To Talk About Thomas. Judging on what I've seen of him so far, the way we're going to get the best out of him is with deep crosses to the back post, where he can win headers (witness his 1st goal at Montrose and his chance near the end of the Arbroath game as 2 examples of this). We didn't really provide him with this sort of service on Saturday (a shame, as he would have absolutely beasted Logan at the back post given the chance). Those expecting him to be anything like a direct replacement for Boyce are going to be disappointed (he doesn't have the all-round game for that) but I think, given the right service, he can be useful for us

Onwards to Motherwell on Saturday (assuming they can field a team)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

McIntyre and Dodds generally get the best out of our forwards and didn't seem to waste time telling Arquin to get tae... So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on Mikklesen.

2 league games into the season and you're STILL tolerating Mikkelson, McIntyre and Dodds???
Soz Jim'n'Billy

FilthyStaggie's gone soft.  SlightlyGrubbyStaggie from now on.

Fortunately Buffy is showing no such signs, otherwise we might have RossShirePuff.