Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inverness Supporters Bus | Home Games v Aberdeen & Rangers
We are delighted to confirm for the next two home games (Aberdeen on 12th August and Rangers on 27th August) there will be a Supporters Bus travelling from Inverness to the stadium and back.

The departure time for those wishing to travel on the Supporters Bus is as follows; Strothers Lane (Inverness) 1.30pm then the bus will leave the Stadium (Staggies Bar) at 5.30pm after the game and head straight back to Inverness.

This is a great way for fans to travel to the game without worrying about public transport, which on a Sunday will be limited.

If this is a success, we will look at continuing this throughout the rest of the season.

Seats are available to book now and will be charged at only £5 for Adults and Under 16s accompanied by an adult will travel for free!

Call the Club during office hours, on 01349 860860
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I'll definitely be taking this up for the Aberdeen game, not sure if I can get the time off for the Rangers game.

(08-08-2017, 08:10 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: We are delighted to confirm for the next two home games (Aberdeen on 12th August and Rangers on 27th August) there will be a Supporters Bus travelling from Inverness to the stadium and back.

The departure time for those wishing to travel on the Supporters Bus is as follows; Strothers Lane (Inverness) 1.30pm then the bus will leave the Stadium (Staggies Bar) at 5.30pm after the game and head straight back to Inverness.

This is a great way for fans to travel to the game without worrying about public transport, which on a Sunday will be limited.

If this is a success, we will look at continuing this throughout the rest of the season.

Seats are available to book now and will be charged at only £5 for Adults and Under 16s accompanied by an adult will travel for free!

Some further info for those who approached me on Saturday at the Dundee game: 

I have asked if the bus can pick up at Inches for those living in that area of Inverness around 1pm prior to the bus picking up at Struthers Lane at 1:30pm. 

I will update this thread if I get conformation that the additional pickup point can be put in place - I'm aware there are a few fans who live up in that area who attend away games, so hopefully the additional pickup point can be added.

(08-08-2017, 08:14 AM)Despot Wrote: I'll definitely be taking this up for the Aberdeen game, not sure if I can get the time off for the Rangers game.

Good man,  definitely a good initiative by the club to help folk travelling to the game - the more that use it the more likely it is that it'll continue.

PS,  good to meet you on Saturday  Wink

As mentioned earlier this morning - I've spoken to the club and they are now adding an additional pick-up point for our home game Vs Aberdeen on Saturday - see times below:

Matalan - 1:15pm

Struthers Lane - 1:30pm

Hope this helps the Inverness based Staggies make use of this bus service Smile

(08-08-2017, 08:10 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: We are delighted to confirm for the next two home games (Aberdeen on 12th August and Rangers on 27th August) there will be a Supporters Bus travelling from Inverness to the stadium and back.

I used to get the tarry ile bus and have missed that since it was stopped, it would be good to meet up with some of them again before and after the game for a drink without having to think about driving.

Would this be exclusively for home supporters only, I was planning on meeting a couple of work colleagues ( away fans going in away end) in Inverness before the game.
They're not the type to cause any bother and are quite civilised and would be accompanied by myself.
Perfectly understandable if it's for home fans only as I too would be wary of the minority of drunk away fans just looking for a cheap bus fare through.

(08-08-2017, 10:50 AM)westhillstaggie Wrote: I used to get the tarry ile bus and have missed that since it was stopped, it would be good to meet up with some of them again before and after the game for a drink without having to think about driving.

Would this be exclusively for home supporters only, I was planning on meeting a couple of work colleagues ( away fans going in away end) in Inverness before the game.
They're not the type to cause any bother and are quite civilised and would be accompanied by myself.
Perfectly understandable if it's for home fans only as I too would be wary of the minority of drunk away fans just looking for a cheap bus fare through.

Hi there,  at the moment this is for Ross County fans travelling through from Inverness - it's being trialled by the club for the Aberdeen and Rangers games - but if it's popular then it'll continue to run throughout the season.

Please try and encourage as many people as possible to use the service as it's a great opportunity for fans to get a bus service that takes them right to the stadium and then takes them straight home to Inverness.

I just think this adds to the match-day experience for folk travelling through from Inverness - but could also work for those travelling through from Nairn, Aviemore, and those getting trains up to Inverness - option is there for them to catch the bus at Struthers Lane....

This is a great idea and one I'd certainly support / use, especially with an Inshes pick up.

We'll done guys, yet another supporter friendly initiative  Cool

Spots books for Aberdeen and Rangers- roughly halfway between Inshes and Strother's Lane, so it's useful to have a choice of what way to head.

Great thing to have.

With the club car park being closed to public for the Aberdeen game tomorrow - anyone travelling through from Inverness would be advised to make use of the supporters bus being trialled by the club.

Myself & junior are travelling on the train from Nairn for his first match to make a day of it so this is perfect & booked seats for both matches. .. Hope the initiative can continue many thanks.

Yup, a great initiative by the club.

We're booked up for the bus today too Smile

Managed to convince a boy at work who usually gets a lift into Dingwall to get the bus as well.

Pretty disappointing, only 15 on the bus in.

(08-12-2017, 01:56 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Pretty disappointing, only 15 on the bus in.

Very poor, good price to entice folk to get on.

a poor turn out

We've been through this numerous times before. Putting buses on isn't the answer, especially as "one-offs".
Getting the club to finally liaise with Stagecoach & Scotrail to use common sense timetables is the answer. I don't want to have to turn up in Dingwall at midday for example as it's the only train available and then not be able to get one home until after 6. Hell, there's two trains that head south past the ground (on the same route I might add) at 16.15 & 16.30 or thereabouts and then nothing after the game for quite a while. I've said it to numerous people at the club over the years and it's fallen on deaf ears every time. They agree, they criticise, but they never actually do anything about it.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Just a mention and much appreciated the bus went into Inverness rather than up to Inshes first allowing us to catch the 1813 Aberdeen train back to Nairn by the skin of our teeth. Many thanks.