Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First game of the league
Dundee away- thoughts?

Wouldn't be suprised to see us start with Schalk and Mikkelsen starting as I doubt either Mckay or Curran will be considered.

Fox
Naismith
Davies
Fraser
Kelly
Gardyne
O'Brien
Chow
Dow
Schalk
Mikkelsen

I'd hope for a point at least here. I'm getting the supporters bus for the first time in a while and haven't been to Dens in years- what's the best place for a pint when the buses get to Dundee?

(08-03-2017, 03:39 PM)Despot Wrote: Dundee away- thoughts?

Wouldn't be suprised to see us start with Schalk and Mikkelsen starting as I doubt either Mckay or Curran will be considered.

Fox
Naismith
Davies
Foster
Kelly
Gardyne
O'Brien
Chow
Dow
Schalk
Mikkelsen

I'd hope for a point at least here. I'm getting the supporters bus for the first time in a while and haven't been to Dens in years- what's the best place for a pint when the buses get to Dundee?
Highly unlikely.  But if the lovely Amy agrees....

On a serious note, going by the team at practice on twitter, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gardyne through the middle and Routis or Chow on the right.

A year gone and I still keep calling Fraser Foster. Bag.

Suspect it will be the same starting 11 as at Arbroath. I would rather an extra body in midfield though.
Dundee sounded pretty decent v Utd last Sunday, on the radio anyway.
Fairly worried, wouldn't be surprised if it's the same scoreline as the opening day last season. From what I've seen in the games v Alloa, Hibs and Arbroath, our defence is solid, however midfield lacking, as we know.

Giving this one a miss, hate Dundee away. Hope it's a good day for all travelling, and no nonsense with their stewards like last time. Sort them out Kennedy!

Yeah no Mckay sadly, Quoted below on BBC

"Billy is a couple of weeks behind everybody else, but he's doing fantastically well," added McIntyre, who will be without Mckay as the Staggies start their Scottish Premiership campaign away to Dundee on Saturday.

"He will rejoin the first team for part of their sessions next week, then we need to get some games into him."

I'd rather we manage Mckay carefully until the medical team are sure he's over his injury. No point provoking it again.

I'm hoping we go 352 today, i feel it suits us with the defencive options we have, it also allows us an extra bodu
y in the middle of the park where we've at our weakest.

Fox

Fraser Davies VDW

Naismith Chow O'Brien Kelly

Gardyne

Schalk Mikkelsen

Maybe Gardyne left with Kelly replacing VDW, with Dow, Routis or Dykes in the middle but I feel that this is our strongest shape atm.

I'm going for a 0-2 away win, Gardyne and Schalk  Smile

I agree with FTT's team selection, with Gardyne alternating between left and right. I'd really like Midge to start scoring goals regularly. If he starts getting one or two he'll get more confident in front of goal and could make a big difference for us this season.

It appears that Craig Curran and Jim O'Brien are suspended for tomorrow's game. They reached the threshold near the end of last season but the league finished before they could serve their bans.

I'd take a draw here but this is winnable. Schalk and Mikkelsen to bag a couple. 2-1 win.

(08-04-2017, 03:26 PM)Mijoir Wrote: It appears that Craig Curran and Jim O'Brien are suspended for tomorrow's game. They reached the threshold near the end of last season but the league finished before they could serve their bans.

I hadn't even realised that was a thing. FFS.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40761233

Team today
1Fox
2Fraser
6Kelly
15Davies
3Naismith
7Gardyne
4Routis
18Lindsay
8Chow
9Dow
10Schalk
Substitutes
19Mikkelsen
28van der Weg
31McCarey
40Keillor-Dunn
42Tumilty
44Dingwall
45Malcolm

Match day and this thread's got tumble weed blowing thu it!

Any match day craic, who/what are folk expecting to be in our starting XI?

Are we (like last year) gonna have a couple of numpties call for the management to be sacked at ht in the opening game of the season, I hope to [censored] not.

A shame O'Brien is suspended, still hopeful of three points but a draw would be far from a disaster imo.

Lets do this! 3pts please!

Who occupies our numbers 5&11 now? That's almost a 1 to 11!

0-1 to County Lindsay

For anyone interested there's a text commentary here.

http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/cowdenbeath-live-commentary/

One nill to the County!!!

Davies knock down from a free kick, Lindsay into the bottom corner from edge of the box (or so tge text commentary tells me)

(08-05-2017, 03:15 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Who occupies our numbers 5&11 now? That's almost a 1 to 11!

Is Curran not no  11 ?

5 would have been Jay McEveley so I'd expect it to be vacant since he's just recently left.

When was the last game we had a starting 1 to 11???

County the better side by some margin so far with Gardyne outstanding. So near to a second just before half time when Routis just couldn't get his foot onto the ball when right through. Excellent finish by Lindsay .
Encouraging!