Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Life after Liam
Yikes what a break for the lad.
Hope its not too bad

NIGEL Clough says the extent of Liam Boyce's injury will be more clearer next week when the forward goes for a scan.

The Brewers striker was stretchered off the pitch on 33 minutes after an incident off the ball.

"We will know a bit more on Monday after he has a scan," said Clough.

He added: "It was innocuous he just put his foot down and felt something in his knee. There's no point speculating until we find out more on Monday."

(07-29-2017, 08:54 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Yikes what a break for the lad.
Hope its not too bad

NIGEL Clough says the extent of Liam Boyce's injury will be more clearer next week when the forward goes for a scan.

The Brewers striker was stretchered off the pitch on 33 minutes after an incident off the ball.

"We will know a bit more on Monday after he has a scan," said Clough.

He added: "It was innocuous he just put his foot down and felt something in his knee. There's no point speculating until we find out more on Monday."

I'll be gutted for him if it's serious, was looking forward to seeing if he could emulate the success of Irvine. Knee injuries are quite rarely not fairly serious though, so not looking great!

(07-29-2017, 10:20 PM)Rocco Wrote: I'll be gutted for him if it's serious, was looking forward to seeing if he could emulate the success of Irvine. Knee injuries are quite rarely not fairly serious though, so not looking great!

A non-contact knee injury?  That's going to be quite a major injury, I fear.  He'll already know how serious it is without the need for a scan - I expect bad news.

Scan on Boyce the morrow, so hopefully it won't be anything too serious. When players go down like that it's never usually something minor.

Still no news on Liam's injury, but I've noticed he'll be wearing number 27 this season, Albuon fans speculating over the fact number 9 has been left vacant, presumably an incoming incumbent? A good possibility Liam will be more of a squad player potentially? I know Irvine was their star wearing 36, but that's 'his' number, for whatever reason.

(07-31-2017, 08:17 PM)Rocco Wrote: Still no news on Liam's injury, but I've noticed he'll be wearing number 27 this season, Albuon fans speculating over the fact number 9 has been left vacant, presumably an incoming incumbent? A good possibility Liam will be more of a squad player potentially? I know Irvine was their star wearing 36, but that's 'his' number, for whatever reason.

Good, can we get him back on loan now then????

(07-31-2017, 08:17 PM)Rocco Wrote: Still no news on Liam's injury, but I've noticed he'll be wearing number 27 this season, Albuon fans speculating over the fact number 9 has been left vacant, presumably an incoming incumbent? A good possibility Liam will be more of a squad player potentially? I know Irvine was their star wearing 36, but that's 'his' number, for whatever reason.

This is why number 9 is vacant, unfortunately. I preferred your reasoning as it gave us a chance of getting him back  Angel

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/sport/footba...nga-258066

Boyce to miss most of season with ruptured knee ligaments!! Gutted for him.

What a disaster for Boyce, best wishes to him.

(08-01-2017, 04:05 PM)staggered Wrote: Boyce to miss most of season with ruptured knee ligaments!! Gutted for him.

Literally the worst possible outcome.

Poor Liam, potentially a good move for him with more exposure in England and further call ups to Norn Irish squad, hopefully back playing soon.
Imagine if his knee had gone while still at County!! at least we've got money for him and hopefully an able replacement in fellow Irishman Mckay.

I wonder if the Burton forum now has a thread titled "Life after Liam"?

I'm gutted for him. A horrible thing to happen right after being given his opportunity to shine down south.

Absolutely gutted for Boyce Sad

Wish him well on his recovery.

That's awful news, possibly not just for his season either, it's all too easy for a player that's injured soon after signing for a team to be stigmatised by it even when they return. Hopefully he can get fit and Burton will give him a chance to show what he can do. Gutted for him.

Mind when he had a spell injured for us, and we brought him back and insisted on playing him even though he was out of form. What was he out with?

Real shame for him, ACL injuries are ridiculously common lately, the only good thing about that being that most players come back from it quite well. Eventually.

Absolutely gutted for him. Chance to play in the championship and on World Cup year. Awful news.