Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Life after Liam
Brick 
One of the necessities that I'm pleased to see signs of, is that (apart from scoring more goals from everyone,) we also now need to concede fewer goals than last season.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

And we got passed the group stages of the cup!

Might seem an obvious point to make, but we will struggle big time if Davies is out for any length of time.

Keeping him fit will determine how well we do keeping goals against at a premium.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(07-25-2017, 05:47 PM)central staggie Wrote: Might seem an obvious point to make, but we will struggle big time if Davies is out for any length of time.

Keeping him fit will determine how well we do keeping goals against at a premium.

Get draper he can be played anywhere

Life after Liam looks not to bad with the way the squad is being built
Two very good goalkeepers in Fox and McCarry
Four fullbacks/wing backs in Naismith & Tumilty and Van Der Weg & Kelly
Centre backs Davis, Fraser (Naismith and Kelly have both played that position) and McEveley
Central midfielder Chow, O'Brien, Routis, Dylan-Dykes, Lyndsay,
Wide Midfielders Gardyne, Kellor Dunn, Dow, (O;Brien has played wide) Malcolm or( Curren & McKay)
Forwards Schalk, Curren, Mickelson, McKay, Morrison and McIver
Really good squad of experienced and youth and plenty competition for positions

(07-25-2017, 06:46 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Get draper he can be played anywhere

We have more than enough numbers-wise to cover this, I don't think Draper at CB would be an upgrade on any of them!

(07-25-2017, 09:22 PM)Rocco Wrote: We have more than enough numbers-wise to cover this, I don't think Draper at CB would be an upgrade on any of them!

My point is he can be moved about as witnessed, and give a good account of himself where ever he is asked to play, but we won't lose sleep over him lol

(07-25-2017, 09:22 PM)Rocco Wrote: We have more than enough numbers-wise to cover this, I don't think Draper at CB would be an upgrade on any of them!

Draper would be an asset in the CM position. Chow and Routis aren't up to the task and Lindsay will take time. Dykes should get a look in soon. We need a growling bear in the centre and Draper could do that.

We have a good defence now and a pretty decent attack, the only issue is the lame midfield.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Def need a Darian MacKinnon type "in your face" player in midfield with a good engine, drive, grit and leadership.

Fraser looks like he may be able to step up this season as a centre half, promising as he looks very impressive next to Davies.

(07-25-2017, 04:50 PM)t3hShmo Wrote: And we got passed the group stages of the cup!

Not yet we haven't.  Lose to Arbroath on Saturday and it's quite possible we'll be out.  Even with a draw we wouldn't be guaranteed to go through.

(07-26-2017, 08:36 AM)Chap Wrote: Def need a Darian MacKinnon type "in your face" player in midfield with a good engine, drive, grit and leadership.

Darian MacKinnon is an absolute thug.

At least Draper has some quality on the ball.  

Draper would be the ideal signing.

(07-26-2017, 09:35 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Not yet we haven't.  Lose to Arbroath on Saturday and it's quite possible we'll be out.  Even with a draw we wouldn't be guaranteed to go through.

How wouldn't a draw get us through? Is it not the top 2 in each group go through?

(07-26-2017, 09:51 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Darian MacKinnon is an absolute thug.

Draper i think would be the final piece of the Jigsaw, only if the money is right.

(07-26-2017, 09:54 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: How wouldn't a draw get us through? Is it not the top 2 in each group go through?

Only four of the eight runners-up go through, determined by their points total.  Based on last year's tournament, 9 points was enough for a runner-up to qualify, but it's not guaranteed at this stage.  Runners-up who finished on 8 points didn't qualify (which is what we have now).

Beat Arbroath and we're definitely through as group winners.  However, only the 4 best group winners will be seeded in the next round (along with the 4 European qualifiers), so we should be looking to score as many goals as possible against Arbroath to maximise our chances of being one of those 4 if it comes down to goal difference.  11 points was enough to end up seeded last year, so hopefully it will be enough again this year.  Avoiding Celtic, Aberdeen and St Johnstone in the second round would be good.

(07-26-2017, 09:51 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Darian MacKinnon is an absolute thug.

Maybe Scott Brown then, a little bit more harmless & harnessed!

(07-26-2017, 10:49 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Only four of the eight runners-up go through, determined by their points total.  Based on last year's tournament, 9 points was enough for a runner-up to qualify, but it's not guaranteed at this stage.  Runners-up who finished on 8 points didn't qualify (which is what we have now).

Beat Arbroath and we're definitely through as group winners.  However, only the 4 best group winners will be seeded in the next round (along with the 4 European qualifiers), so we should be looking to score as many goals as possible against Arbroath to maximise our chances of being one of those 4 if it comes down to goal difference.  11 points was enough to end up seeded last year, so hopefully it will be enough again this year.  Avoiding Celtic, Aberdeen and St Johnstone in the second round would be good.

Cheers.

Complicated but better than meaningless pre season friendlies IMO.

We should be beating Arbroath anyway!

(07-26-2017, 11:16 AM)Chap Wrote: Maybe Scott Brown then, a little bit more harmless & harnessed!

Scott Brown? Harmless and harnessed? He's one of the worst, and gets away with it cos of who he plays for. It disgusts me that he's anywhere near the Scotland captaincy, he is most certainly not a footballing role model for young players!

(07-26-2017, 02:04 PM)Rocco Wrote: Scott Brown? Harmless and harnessed? He's one of the worst, and gets away with it cos of who he plays for. It disgusts me that he's anywhere near the Scotland captaincy, he is most certainly not a footballing role model for young players!

Little bit of a wind up here & maybe these two guys are not the best examples of "metal" but County sure need some of it in midfield.

(07-26-2017, 03:24 PM)Chap Wrote: Little bit of a wind up here & maybe these two guys are not the best examples of "metal" but County sure need some of it in midfield.

That makes more sense then, either that or you're posting from an asylum somewhere  Tongue