Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scottish League Cup
Hi,

I'm Sammy from Rotterdam. This year my wife and I are spending our holidays in your beautiful country. We always try to visit a football match, no matter what country we are in, and this year we wanna visit the Cup tie Ross County - Hibernian. Will this match be a sell out or can we buy tickets on matchday at the stadium ? Any suggestions for a stand ?

Cheers,
Sammy
Hand in Hand kameraden

(06-29-2017, 08:39 PM)Loner Wrote: Hi,

I'm Sammy from Rotterdam. This year my wife and I are spending our holidays in your beautiful country. We always try to visit a football match, no matter what country we are in, and this year we wanna visit the Cup tie Ross County - Hibernian. Will this match be a sell out or can we buy tickets on matchday at the stadium ? Any suggestions for a stand ?

Cheers,
Sammy

I really think you'll have no problem at all getting tickets - we rarely see out short of the really big games and during the summer a lot of fans can be like yourself on holiday.  I sit in the west stand which i thinks good - easy to get in and out of and you are side on to the pitch which gives a good view of the overall game.

Hope you enjoy

You will have no problem getting a ticket - it will be possible to buy tickets on the night of the game.
As posted above, the West stand offers easy access and a good view of the game.

There is a very friendly bar- Staggies Bar - located under the West stand - ideal to come in and mix with the home supporters both before and after the game.

Enjoy our stadium, the atmosphere, and the Highands. But we cannot guarantee that the football will be fantastic to watch....

Hi Sammy. It's the east stand for me for the same reasons Roth has given, the view. You won't have any problems getting a couple of tickets.

If you're fancying a pint beforehand then the Caley bar is friendly and welcoming.

Enjoy your holiday  Cool

Thanks for the replies. And the bar is also good to know. I was looking around some websites and I was wondering: what does the nickname Staggies mean and where does it come from ?
Most important in football for me is atmosphere and oldschool grounds. In the Netherlands the football is not always very good and most of our stadiums are newly build ones that most of the time have no soul.

Looking forward to visiting Victoria Park!
Hand in Hand kameraden

(06-29-2017, 10:16 PM)Loner Wrote: Thanks for the replies. And the bar is also good to know. I was looking around some websites and I was wondering: what does the nickname Staggies mean and where does it come from ?
Most important in football for me is atmosphere and oldschool grounds. In the Netherlands the football is not always very good and most of our stadiums are newly build ones that most of the time have no soul.

Looking forward to visiting Victoria Park!

Staggies nickname is in reference to the club's badge which is a caberfeigh/stag. It is taken from the regimental badge of the Seaforth Highlanders. This is the local regiment who many local lads fought and unfortunately died for during WW1 and 2.

Here's a link for the regimental history:-

https://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/uni...ghlanders/

And here's a link for Ross County's history:-

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...ub/history

We have a club with a long proud history, our nearest neighbours just over the bridge were formed in 1994 and have no heart. They are extremely jealous of us but will never admit it!!!  #Caley suck  Tongue

(06-29-2017, 11:43 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Staggies nickname is in reference to the club's badge which is a caberfeigh/stag. It is taken from the regimental badge of the Seaforth Highlanders. This is the local regiment who many local lads fought and unfortunately died for during WW1 and 2.

We have a club with a long proud history, our nearest neighbours just over the bridge were formed in 1994 and have no heart. They are extremely jealous of us but will never admit it!!!  #Caley suck  Tongue
Thanks for the reply, very interesting history. I love a bit of football rivalry. 
Looking forward to the match.

cheers,
Sammy
Hand in Hand kameraden

We had a great time in Scotland and the visit to Ross County was super. I thought it was a nice game, despite there were no goals it was tense to the end. To bad Kenny van de Weg did not play. (Rotterdam!) The penalties were something new to me in a poule game. Good to see that away support can visit the stadiumbar. Bad thing was that they don't sell beer at half time. Before the game we were in two pubs and I was surprised to see away support wandering round free. In the Netherlands that is something of the past for most games. We are forced to travel by coach and go straight to the stadium and after the game straight to the coaches and back home.

All the best you guys with the club !

Cheers,
Sammy,
Rotterdam

Attached File(s)
.jpg   rcfc.jpg (Size: 138.94 KB / Downloads: 20)
Hand in Hand kameraden

(06-29-2017, 11:43 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Staggies nickname is in reference to the club's badge which is a caberfeigh/stag. It is taken from the regimental badge of the Seaforth Highlanders. This is the local regiment who many local lads fought and unfortunately died for during WW1 and 2.

Well done Jamie  well described. Proud of the badge. ( Cabarfeidh) stags Antalars  
The name on badge 
Guidich'n Righ  -- Save the king.  The Seaforth Highlanders  I served with them  Mackenzie Tartan