Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Burton sign Boyce
I'm just glad we lost him to a team that can't hurt us league wise, as Aberdeen seemed to have been interested. Would have hated seeing him score against us more than going for less than he's really worth.

Agree. Happy he didn't leave us for another scottish club. Good luck to him.

Heard Villa are after Irvine. Boyce will be on his lonesome.

Lets hope Villa pay decent bucks for him, if we still have a sell on clause.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(06-21-2017, 01:12 PM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Agree. Happy he didn't leave us for another scottish club. Good luck to him.

Heard Villa are after Irvine. Boyce will be on his lonesome.

I daresay there's not a Scottish club outside Glasgow which could have afforded the transfer fee.

(06-21-2017, 02:44 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I daresay there's not a Scottish club outside Glasgow which could have afforded the transfer fee.

Yep, the last time Aberdeen would've paid a fee which could've landed Boyce would've been 20 odd years ago, or for Charlie Nicholas. Frankly I was never worried he'd be going to an Aberdeen or Hibs unless he saw out his contract with us.

(06-21-2017, 03:14 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: Yep, the last time Aberdeen would've paid a fee which could've landed Boyce would've been 20 odd years ago, or for Charlie Nicholas. Frankly I was never worried he'd be going to an Aberdeen or Hibs unless he saw out his contract with us.

Paul Bernard, I'd imagine, was the last player to transfer to a non-OF team for the amount of money Burton just gave County.  

Can't remember the details of the lopsided Billy Dodds deal, but still, it's a lot more money than anyone but Celtic can afford.  Ker-ching!  But  Sad

(06-21-2017, 04:02 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Paul Bernard, I'd imagine, was the last player to transfer to a non-OF team for the amount of money Burton just gave County.  

Can't remember the details of the lopsided Billy Dodds deal, but still, it's a lot more money than anyone but Celtic can afford.  Ker-ching!  But  Sad

How did we get to Paul Bernard? It's like 6s degrees of Kevin Bacon.  Big Grin

Think Boyce will struggle in Championship

I want to thank Derek Adams for bringing Liam to the club to start with but I want to thank Jim Billy and Ross Hughes for bringing him on in terms of goals fitness performance and diet all the best at Burton Liam

Any idea what the sell on fee is now it has been dropped?

Stevie May to Sheffield Wednesday: 850k plus sell on?

(06-21-2017, 07:55 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I want to thank Derek Adams for bringing Liam to the club to start with but I want to thank Jim Billy and Ross Hughes for bringing him on in terms of goals fitness performance and diet all the best at Burton Liam

Jim and Billy !?  He'd have scored 30 goals plus if they'd actually  played him as a striker for more than half of last season -  and we would have finished in the top 6.

Keep seeing comments about the quality of football being better. In the top half off the English Championship yeah maybe, Burton Albion are the Hamilton of tbe Spfl, they are favourite for relegation every year.

Im not convince the quality is THAT much better, Jackson went down there and breezed it, clubs top scorer of the season.

If and ita a big IF B.A. do better this season, then that is in part to 2 players that came from our team, so in short if our players are going down there and improving their teams, is the Spfl that far behind? I dont think so. I also think we miss out massively on transfer fees. But they seem to base it on the clubs worth.

(06-27-2017, 12:03 PM)ShEp Wrote: , is the Spfl that far behind? 
Yes. Massively.

I would honestly think any bottom six club in the SPFL would go straight down if placed in the Championship. Teams like Leeds and even the likes of Coventry are far ahead of us in terms of caliber of player (as much as it hurts to say that).

Feature about Liam Boyce on the BBC Scotland sport page with Billy Dodds saying that Burton Albion met his buy out clause but no figure mentioned.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(07-07-2017, 11:41 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Feature about Liam Boyce on the BBC Scotland sport page with Billy Dodds saying that Burton Albion met his buy out clause but no figure mentioned.

Hmmmmm curious, we were given repeated 'insider knowledge' that there was no buyout clause.... Huh Tongue

(07-08-2017, 12:29 AM)Rocco Wrote: Hmmmmm curious, we were given repeated 'insider knowledge' that there was no buyout clause.... Huh Tongue

We also had our manager claim it would take a million pounds to get him.

(07-08-2017, 06:13 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: We also had our manager claim it would take a million pounds to get him.

Is the "buyout clause" not just an excuse the club can use to appease the fans when they sell one of their favourites. When you think back to when Boyce arrived I don't think a buyout clause was even considered as let's be honest he wasn't that good and if there was a buyout clause it wouldn't have been much.

We, the fans who help to finance the club will never get to know the specifics of such a deal. To be honest, I'm not too interested ... that's the board and management's job, and it ain't any easy one!! Does it really affect the supporters in any way if we we got 350k or 650k? Let's face it we'll turn up regardless.