Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Burton sign Boyce
Burton have signed Liam Boyce for an undisclosed fee

Thanks for everything Liam, all the best!

Initial fee around 750k.

Sell on included, but reduced from initial 30%

Very good move for him, and hope he does a job in a very difficult league.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/20...ign=buffer

(06-20-2017, 03:41 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Initial fee around 750k.

Sell on included, but reduced from initial 30%

Very good move for him, and hope he does a job in a very difficult league.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/20...ign=buffer

How on earth do you find this stuff out? ha. Thanks for the Info, that is a good deal for the Club.

Thank you Liam for all your goals and hard graft. Good luck in the future both at club level and in the International set-up. For County the search begins for a suitable replacement.

(06-20-2017, 03:47 PM)t3hShmo Wrote: How on earth do you find this stuff out? ha.  Thanks for the Info, that is a good deal for the Club.

There's no way of ever proving it.  It's a reasonable guess but could just as easily be wY off.

Was inevitable really, 750k is quite a good deal to be honest, not being a 'big club' hampers us from demanding a fee the likes of what Celtic paid for Hayes etc. Would love to see him banging them in next season, alongside Jackson, if Burton can hold onto him that is.

(06-20-2017, 03:57 PM)Rocco Wrote: Was inevitable really, 750k is quite a good deal to be honest, not being a 'big club' hampers us from demanding a fee the likes of what Celtic paid for Hayes etc. Would love to see him banging them in next season, alongside Jackson, if Burton can hold onto him that is.

It was never ever going to be close to that sort of money due to the minimum fee release. We were in a very lucky situation where his contract stipulated if a club hit the 500k mark, his sell on fee was 30%. So fair play to Burton on this for bidding over, but that was always going to be the situation. 

As said before, in regards to the Boyce deal, more than happy to tell a moderator my source, however that fee is pretty much 100% Might be out by a couple of pence.

(06-20-2017, 04:03 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: It was never ever going to be close to that sort of money due to the minimum fee release. We were in a very lucky situation where his contract stipulated if a club hit the 500k mark, his sell on fee was 30%. So fair play to Burton on this for bidding over, but that was always going to be the situation. 

As said before, in regards to the Boyce deal, more than happy to tell a moderator my source, however that fee is pretty much 100% Might be out by a couple of pence.

Any idea what the sell on fee has been lowered to?

Gutted he is away but all the best Liam. Ross County legend and thanks for the memories.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Credit must go to Derek Adams for bringing him to Victoria Park and the subsequent sell on revenue.

(06-20-2017, 06:58 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Credit must go to Derek Adams for bringing him to Victoria Park and the subsequent sell on revenue.

And credit also to the current management team of JM & BD, for getting Liam up to the standard he is at now, both fitness and goal scoring ability.

(06-20-2017, 07:10 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: And credit also to the current management team of JM & BD, for getting Liam up to the standard he is at now, both fitness and goal scoring ability.

Hear hear.

(06-20-2017, 07:40 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Hear hear.

to some extent but tendency to play him in midfield might have been misplaced

First of all boyce has been an absolute pleasure to watch for this club and I wish him all the best down south and internationally.

IMO I think we need to scrap these release clauses. Irvine (Voted Burton player of the year and scoring 10+ goals) now boyce (SPL top scorer) both gone for under £1m. Joe garner from rangers went for £1m ffs and scored 7 goals! Look what caley and Dundee Utd have done selling their best players for peanuts and now look where they are. Boyce pretty much kept us up last year with 40% of the teams goals. At the end of the season will I look back (if we are relegated) and think 500-750k was a good gain. No. If we stay up next year do I think it was good business... probably still not. Boyce out scored the Celtic boy who's been taunted for £40m, with a team that doesn't provide nearly half the chances Celtic can create. I honestly think I'd of rather kept him abother season to help us out and lose on a free next year. But best of luck to him, hopefully a decent replacement comes in

The only good thing I suppose is the deal has been done so early in the window - it gives the management time to try and find another gem like Liam.

Rather that than scrambling about in the last few days and bringing in a dud or no one at all.

I still don't understand the thinking that it'd be better to keep him another year and lose him for nothing. At least we can invest money in a replacement and possibly someone else who can help create chances for them, or shore us up in the middle or at the back. We'd be in the same situation player-wise next year, but scrabbling to find a replacement available for nothing.

750k if accurate, LLB says 100% accurate!! So in the absence of any other info........ 750k it is ?

That fee will enable us to sign 3/4 quality players or 7 fat Liam Boyce gambles. That 'gamble' for us has definitely paid off ten fold so good luck to Liam and thanks for all your efforts, especially the 4 goals against Caley!

Time for Schalk to step up to the plate. I've said it before but with the right service, balls in behind early, he is capable of scoring 20 goals for us next season.

C'mon Der bomber Schalk!

(06-20-2017, 09:41 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: First of all boyce has been an absolute pleasure to watch for this club and I wish him all the best down south and internationally.

IMO I think we need to scrap these release clauses. Irvine (Voted Burton player of the year and scoring 10+ goals) now boyce (SPL top scorer) both gone for under £1m. Joe garner from rangers went for £1m ffs and scored 7 goals! Look what caley and Dundee Utd have done selling their best players for peanuts and now look where they are. Boyce pretty much kept us up last year with 40% of the teams goals. At the end of the season will I look back (if we are relegated) and think 500-750k was a good gain. No. If we stay up next year do I think it was good business... probably still not. Boyce out scored the Celtic boy who's been taunted for £40m, with a team that doesn't provide nearly half the chances Celtic can create. I honestly think I'd of rather kept him abother season to help us out and lose on a free next year. But best of luck to him, hopefully a decent replacement comes in

There was no release clause for Boyce, according to the manager. 

One thing in favour of these nebulous things is that it means the club gets the money up front.  Boyce's money will be in instalments, but Irvine's £350,000 was in one chunk.   That's not to be sniffed at.  It does annoy me that the club plays softball on these factors, and then Woods walks over them.   Most of the time it curries favour with agents. Boyce's agent seems like a good guy and he'll most likely do more work for the club.  Several factors at play.

Interesting to see agents mentioned. Does anyone have details of fees County will have paid these characters for their services.

(06-20-2017, 09:41 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: First of all boyce has been an absolute pleasure to watch for this club and I wish him all the best down south and internationally.

It's all very well moaning about release clauses  being so low but these are concessions we often have to make to get potentially high value players to sign on the dotted line with us in the first place.

You've answered your own point there. We are not a big club like Rangers, hence we don't have as strong a negotiating position. Exactly why Caley and Dundee Utd have had to wave goodbye to players for sums below what people may feel they were worth.

When Jackson Irvine extended his stay with us I couldn't believe how lucky we were to be seeing him continue in a County shirt. When we have players of the calibre of Irvine and Boyce I prefer to treasure the time we see them in a County shirt, hoping they can take us to new heights. But for that to happen it's almost inevitable we'll see them move on. If we're able to repeat the process while continuing to establish ourselves at these heights I won't be complaining, that would be good business.