Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hampden Heroes DVD
Does anyone know is it still possible to buy this DVD?

https://twitter.com/rcfcstaggies/status/...6625498112

The link goes to the club shop and it's not listed there and I can't find it on Amazon, ebay or Google. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

(06-13-2017, 06:40 PM)Davie Jackson Wrote: Does anyone know is it still possible to buy this DVD?

https://twitter.com/rcfcstaggies/status/...6625498112

The link goes to the club shop and it's not listed there and I can't find it on Amazon, ebay or Google. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Davie,
The DVD may have been pulled due to it's poor coverage of the cup final and its lead-up. I did a review of the DVD when it first came out. It was a real disappointment, especially following the excellent work done on the previous one: Scottish Cup 2010 "We're On Our Way". The DVD included a miserly 9 minutes of the cup final, and even that was badly edited. All in all the DVD was a poorly put together effort. It was good as a social history of Dingwall, as there was lots of footage of the town and the people, but useless for football. No games from the run-up to the final were included, not even beating Caley 2-1 on their home ground!! 
If you're still interested in getting one though, it may be best to contact the shop or club directly.
I keep hoping that the club will redeem themselves and finally bring out a DVD we can be rightly proud of. 
Hope this helps. Smile

Semi-related, is there a full recording online anywhere? I also forgot to record it that day...

(07-02-2017, 04:28 PM)Madwullie Wrote: Hi Davie,
The DVD may have been pulled due to it's poor coverage of the cup final and its lead-up. I did a review of the DVD when it first came out. It was a real disappointment, especially following the excellent work done on the previous one: Scottish Cup 2010 "We're On Our Way". The DVD included a miserly 9 minutes of the cup final, and even that was badly edited. All in all the DVD was a poorly put together effort. It was good as a social history of Dingwall, as there was lots of footage of the town and the people, but useless for football. No games from the run-up to the final were included, not even beating Caley 2-1 on their home ground!! 
If you're still interested in getting one though, it may be best to contact the shop or club directly.
I keep hoping that the club will redeem themselves and finally bring out a DVD we can be rightly proud of. 
Hope this helps. Smile

I really appreciate the response. Looks like they missed a really good opportunity.  Thanks for getting back to me.