Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Betfred League Cup
(07-22-2017, 11:24 AM)john@THHP Wrote: I think that's a bit harsh on Lindsay without criticising Chow in the same manner.  It was Chow letting the Hibs midfield behind him that made Davies come out and take a booking for the team, for instance.

Davies was giving Lindsay a hard time for showing his man inside on that occasion but both Chow and Lindsay were having problems due to the Hibs formation. 

County were effectively playing with 10men as Dow was not in the game at all. His job seemed to be pressing Whitaker to stop him coming forward and he was doing that fine without the ball  Sad

O'Brien and Routis coming on definitely improved things but that was also down to a much needed formation change.
Credit to the coaches for this.

On Mickelson, his movement was good and he was v cute in drawing a number of fouls from the Hibs defenders so I don't understand the criticism. Just shows how opinions vary in football!

Lennon in the paper today saying there's a big gap in class between Hibs and County, in favour of Hibs????????
Thanks Neil, that's the team talk done for the next time we play them, stick a copy of that on the dressing room door.

Not a great deal between the teams based on last night so not sure what Lennon was watching. Difficult to fault us so far and looking positive for the season ahead. Top six beckons?

I wasn't in the least bit shocked by Lennons comments, he was the same at Celtic, whatever the score Celtic were the better team, blah blah blah, would appear he hasn't changed a bit. Defensively we were excellent, we need a bit more going forward though, still need that winger Jim mentioned, as O'Brien looks irreplaceable in the middle at the moment!

Don't understand the criticism towards mikkelson either. He knocked a number of headers down towards shalke and took a lot of the defenders attention at corners allowing Davies more freedom. He also tracked back and made a number of tackles. Personally I think he will be good. Even more so with curran alongside him. County have a awesome physical presence this season. The defence are all strong in the tackle and good in the air. Mikkelson, curran and Lindsay are all quite physical too. Chow was pish as was Dow last night but it is still early days. I also think draper would be a class signing and would be far better in the middle of the park compared to chow/Lindsay/routis and would also add to our already impressive physical presence. Should get a few goals from set prices this year! Based on last night I would be confident of 6th place considering the hibs team are full of ex title winners and good young talent.
Should pump Arbroath next week. Hopefully see some of the development squad. We are in a far better position going into the start of this season than we were last season. In my opinion.

(07-22-2017, 01:56 PM)Rocco Wrote: I wasn't in the least bit shocked by Lennons comments, he was the same at Celtic, whatever the score Celtic were the better team, blah blah blah, would appear he hasn't changed a bit. Defensively we were excellent, we need a bit more going forward though, still need that winger Jim mentioned, as O'Brien looks irreplaceable in the middle at the moment!

Lemon -- never defeated always cheated  credit to Hibs good team, point is 0. 0 full time  county did not concede in 90 minutes. Neil,

Am I right in thinking that 4 from all the group winners with the most points, goal difference etc will be seeded in the next round along with the 4 euro representatives?

Early days. 
Very happy with the look of our defence, Davies and Fraser were excellent last night. Fraser is our next captain.
No link with midfield at times, too many punts, formation?
Much better when O'Brien came on, picking up balls from deep, although Hibs perhaps tiring by that stage.

Mikkelsen had a couple of good knock downs, let's give him a chance.  

Hibs - quite impressed, they'll do fine this season if they sign Stokes. McGinn is a player I really like watching, drives forward, shows you what a great performance from Jackson Irvine that was, nullifying him in the LC Final. Swanson and Boyle also impressive, comfortable on ball, short sharp passing, we struggled to cope at times. 

Having watched the game back, Chow fortunate it wasn't a red, stupid tackle, you would have hoped he'd have learned his lesson after his Pittodrie embarrassment.

Lyndsay I like, but is going to be inconsistent. We need Routis to step up this season. His penalty summed him up though, lazy effort. He needs a rocket up his [censored] sometimes.

Midge has started the season on fire, brilliant again despite the rough treatment.

Looking forward to Arbroath, last time I was there was 1995 and we won 0-1, Duff!

For all of the glass half empty folk above, have a wee look at the tables:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/scotti...-cup/table

Should cheer you up.

Very good result on Friday. Lennon is just a sore loser. Always has been.