Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Betfred League Cup
(07-19-2017, 09:24 PM)tattiedave Wrote: They didn't have a shot on target !? Don't think they caused us problems.We caused them problems would be a more accurate comment!

Aye Tattie.
I read somewhere else that Montrose had a very young and uninterested team out?
Fact, average age of their team last was approx 26.
Yep 26.
Would that normally be regarded as very young?
Ok, in fairness they had a 37, 34, 33, 31, year olds,  remainder were mostly in their twenties, with two 19 year olds.

Good highlights, thanks for posting. Good goals and Gardyne looking sharp as well.

Well done lads.

Let me make it clear that I wasn't at the game and haven't been able to see the YouTube highlights.  But it does seem to me that our players may have been clever enough to allow Montrose a bit of room whilst remaining confident that they are good enough to deal with any consequent goal threat.

One of the benefits of this may have been more space for our attackers and which may just have contributed to the result.  But if you prefer to think that we are one dimensional and will play the same against Hibs, feel free.  I find it much more fun to believe that the team I support is cleverer than that.  And of course to accept that it will not always come off.

And I do not pretend to understand the spat between LLB and Harry, but I would like to commend Lauchie on his excellent and correct (grammatically, at least) use of "uninterested".  A fine effort even if Montrose's young fogeys were actually as keen as mustard.

(07-19-2017, 11:09 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Aye Tattie.
I read somewhere else that Montrose had a very young and uninterested team out?
Fact, average age of their team last was approx 26.
Yep 26.
Would that normally be regarded as very young?
Ok, in fairness they had a 37, 34, 33, 31, year olds,  remainder were mostly in their twenties, with two 19 year olds.

County did nit give any young guys ago so writing on wall for young guys  farming out me thinks

After missing out on Kyle Lafferty I see hibs have signed a big Lithuanian striker, not sure if he'll play on Friday though so the County could be up against Brian Graham in the hibs attack.

Should be a decent game with a decent crowd, glad it's on BT Sport though as I'm away on holiday.

Thanks for posting highlights whoever it was. Good to see Mikkelsen grab a couple.

(07-20-2017, 05:49 PM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Thanks for posting highlights whoever it was. Good to see Mikkelsen grab a couple.

Yep - watched them last night - great pass from Midge for Schalk who took it first time....

Mikkelson's goals were well taken,  first head glanced away from the keeper into the corner of the net - great to see as often players head it straight to the keeper....and his second was well taken low drive into the far corner of the net...both well taken goals - fingers crossed for this guy -he looks direct and shoots when he gets a chance... Smile

A few shaky moments at the back where we were ball watching - but suppose that comes from being a few up at half time....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Any news on the starting XI yet?

(07-21-2017, 06:59 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Any news on the starting XI yet?

Fox
Naismith
Curran
Davies
Dow
Kelly
Schalk
Lindsay
Gardyne
Fraser
Chow
Subs
McCarey
Routis
Van der Weg
Mikkelsen
Obrien
Morrison
Tumilty

Cheers, Strong bench!

Too easy for Hibs with Lindsay/Chow in the middle.

Wow poor start to the game and a poor attendance too.

Curran off after 5mins

Have we moved back to a 442? Or have we got one of our attacking players at wingback?

Swanson cutting us apart, drifting off the flank- nobody appears to be properly picking him up.

Aye 442, Lindsay and Chow both having a very poor start.

Our midfield are being taken apart. Need this sorted at half-time.

(07-21-2017, 08:08 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Aye 442, Lindsay and Chow both having a very poor start.

I thought the 352/532 was more effective for us, and made us more robust in the middle, something the live text on the BBC seems to suggest we need!

Chow very, very lucky there.

Thank God Lindsay has been hooked, sending Chow off would help County more than hibs he's been that bad!

Mickelson has impressed.

Think it's shown again, Lindsay and Chow have qualities, but they do not work together as a midfield two. They'd work better in a three. Totally baffled as to why we've not gone 3-5-2 in this one. Hibs are absolutely dominating us in midfield.