Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Betfred League Cup
(07-17-2017, 08:28 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Any highlights of this game?

Nope.  No cameras there.

Cant imagine many will be heading down to Montrose tomorrow but I'm in the area for work so will head along. Hoping to see more of Mikkelsen than we did on Saturday. Would be happy if the defence and Midfield stayed the same possibly with Routis playing over Chow, looking forward to it.

(07-17-2017, 10:16 AM)Wicky Wrote: Nope.  No cameras there.

No problem. Cheers

Montrose 0-1 The County Smile

(07-18-2017, 08:04 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Montrose 0-1 The County Smile

Big Phil Mikkelsen with the goal.

4-0 to County at half time

SIX now, pleasing.

Davies replaced by Fraser quite early in second half. Being saved for Friday rather than any injury issues there, I hope.

Pleased to see we're not making a mess of the cup this time round. Turned a defeat to Alloa into a win and a 1-0 win against Montrose into a 6-0 win this year is a good start to the season.

Almost felt like either a lack of effort or just complete tactical ineptitude last season, team looks hungrier and more organised this season. Hopefully it carries over into our league form and we don't have a repeat of last season. Well, a repeat of our post-split form would be fine!

Played a very young and uninterested Montrose side, speaking to a couple of their fans and they seemed to just want out of the competition at the soonest possible stage. Lucky if there was 400 there last night.

Be interesting to see the game on Friday, first real test.

(07-19-2017, 12:16 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Played a very young and uninterested Montrose side, speaking to a couple of their fans and they seemed to just want out of the competition at the soonest possible stage. Lucky if there was 400 there last night.

Be interesting to see the game on Friday, first real test.

Question
Do you ever have anything positive to say about the team?
Your recent comments regarding The team appear rather negative, as is your choice of words.
I Hope Buffs 10 heard old grandchild ignores some of your wording.
We hardly kicked a ball in anger, and here we go the anti JM Brigade are at it already.
For goodness sake give the team, manager a chance.
And, ok if it's not going well a few months in, then take action.
Action now, get behind the team.
I doubt very much if a team would never want to win a cup.
Imagine Montrose eclipsing Ross County and Caley, winning their first major national trophy, Bet you a pound to a penny they would take it.

(07-19-2017, 01:43 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Question
Do you ever have anything positive to say about the team?
Your recent comments regarding The team appear rather negative, as is your choice of words.
I Hope Buffs 10 heard old grandchild ignores some of your wording.
We hardly kicked a ball in anger, and here we go the anti JM Brigade are at it already.
For goodness sake give the team, manager a chance.
And, ok if it's not going well a few months in, then take action.
Action now, get behind the team.
I doubt very much if a team would never want to win a cup.
Imagine Montrose eclipsing Ross County and Caley, winning their first major national trophy, Bet you a pound to a penny they would take it.

Question,

Did you go last night? 

I really think if a football fan is worried about swearing, they should probably chuck in going to the match. Instead of sitting on a forum frothing at the mouth.

At which point did I have a go at JM? Just stated that we played a side who were very young, and not particularly great. If someone recorded the game, you will see Montrose actually caused us quite a few problems, which is a worry. 

Montrose have currently played two games and conceded ten goals. There is no chance in hell of them progressing, never mind winning it. Nothing but a warm up game for them. 

Being negative and realistic are two entirely different things.

Being neither negative or realistic should we have not put our three young subs on for a run out when we were so far in front.
You're like Manchester you've got strangeways

(07-19-2017, 02:28 PM)gudgie67 Wrote: Being neither negative or realistic should we have not put our three young subs on for a run out when we were so far in front.

Few folk mentioned that the pitch was quite tough going, a lot firmer than the artificial surface in the academy. Not sure if that stopped them getting a run out.

My sincere apologies, there is another poster with the same name on another thread having at go at the manager.
Obviously not you.

(07-06-2017, 10:56 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote:
Will always be the case when we have JM as a manager. His lack of contacts is always going to be a hindrance.

(07-19-2017, 02:48 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: My sincere apologies, there is another poster with the same name  on another thread having at go at the manager.
Obviously not you.

(07-06-2017, 10:56 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote:
Will always be the case when we have JM as a manager. His lack of contacts is always going to be a hindrance.

Again in the post you had a little whinge about, where did I make a comment about JM?

Also did you enjoy the game last night?

I've stolen this from a user on P&B- apologies if you post here, Ieuan16.

(07-19-2017, 02:20 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote:  If someone recorded the game, you will see Montrose actually caused us quite a few problems, which is a worry. 

They didn't have a shot on target !? Don't think they caused us problems.We caused them problems would be a more accurate comment!

(07-19-2017, 09:24 PM)tattiedave Wrote: They didn't have a shot on target !? Don't think they caused us problems.We caused them problems would be a more accurate comment!

I was wary there was quite a lot of space to be had around our defense, and I thought Montrose had quite a few opportunities that a better/sharper team would/should have taken.

Its early in the season and that can hopefully all be ironed out, but I would agree they caused us a few problems.

How much folk should worry about that is even more subjective.

County definitely caused them a lot more problems though.  We can be pretty pleased that the boys were sharp enough to score six and drew a few good saves out the keeper too.