Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Pre-Season
Score? Scorer(s)?

@NScot_cchristie Full Time: @ElginCityFC 0 @RCFCStaggies 1. Trialist John Herron with the goal on 71 minutes.

Curran went af after abiut 35 mins with a head clash. Hope he isnt out as looked sharp as u can b at this time. Mcshane on and was spreading the ball nicely. Maybe JM may change and keep him as he is signed already. Attendance 617 but thot it was more. Sun shining and sitting on grass banks. Brings bac memories of viccy park

(07-01-2017, 06:03 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Curran went af after abiut 35 mins with a head clash. Hope he isnt out as looked sharp as u can b at this time. Mcshane on and was spreading the ball nicely. Maybe JM may change and keep him as he is signed already. Attendance 617 but thot it was more. Sun shining and sitting on grass banks. Brings bac memories of viccy park

McShane has been given the squad number 42.  He's not staying.

Ah well davis is off 2 as he waz 43. Fraser was 12. Numbers dont mean squat these days

0-1 to the County.

From what I could tell a decent move finished by no16 Herron.

Gardyne, Dingwall, Dow and Kellor looking lively. Malcolm looking a little lost.

Curran missing the La Manga trip. When will his luck change.

From the same journo as above..
@RCFCStaggies boss Jim McIntyre says Craig Curran will miss La Manga after today's head knock but not as bad as serious one 2 years ago.

(07-01-2017, 07:30 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Curran missing the La Manga trip. When will his luck change.

From the same journo as above..
@RCFCStaggies boss Jim McIntyre says Craig Curran will miss La Manga after today's head knock but not as bad as serious one 2 years ago.

Really unfortunate for both Craig and the team, but you can't be too careful with head knocks, especially if the person has previously suffered a concussion! Hopefully he makes a swift recovery. Thinking selfishly, it also makes us look pretty thin up front. If there's any doubt about how long he'll be out for then they may need to look at bringing in an extra forward, which they don't appear to have been planning for. Schalk and Morrison are not enough.

So Gregg Morrison is effectively our only recognised forward on the Spain trip

early pre season game no surprises. a decent run out against a good Elgin side, Curran doesn't have much luck regarding head knocks.
special mention to Graham Tatters (chairman) and Elgin your hospitality and your ground are a credit to the division.

Bit of a dull game, but to be expected from being the first game of pre-season. I fell asleep in the first half for a bit under the sun, was enjoyable.

(07-01-2017, 07:49 PM)Rocco Wrote: Really unfortunate for both Craig and the team, but you can't be too careful with head knocks, especially if the person has previously suffered a concussion! Hopefully he makes a swift recovery. Thinking selfishly, it also makes us look pretty thin up front. If there's any doubt about how long he'll be out for then they may need to look at bringing in an extra forward, which they don't appear to have been planning for. Schalk and Morrison are not enough.

No sign of Schalk yesterday,is he injured?

Interesting that mcshane was in the squad, but not woods, should we read more into that or was he out with injury, have they both been included in the squad for Spain?

(07-02-2017, 11:15 AM)tattiedave Wrote: No sign of Schalk yesterday,is he injured?

Apparently a slight ankle injury but nothing major. He's heading out to Spain.

Do we have a new away strip, I thought the one we wore against Elgin was last seasons?

(07-04-2017, 01:39 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Do we have a new away strip, I thought the one we wore against Elgin was last seasons?
I'm pretty sure they said we're keeping it another season when they reduced the price of the top.

Any news on how the team looked against FC Murcia? I heard that we won 5-3. We were 5-1 up I believe at one stage, they had a man sent off but then got two late goals. I have no idea who scored or who even played.

I know Dow, Chow, Mikkelsen and Lindsay all scored one each.

Ross Maciver scored a header

Anyone know anything about currans injury?

(07-05-2017, 08:07 AM)Despot Wrote: I know Dow, Chow, Mikkelsen and Lindsay all scored one each.

(07-05-2017, 08:36 AM)Ross county 7676 Wrote: Ross Maciver scored a header

Anyone know anything about currans injury?

Nice to see the 5 folk chipping in!