Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Pre-Season
The side will be going to Spain at the start of July, 

Quote:The first team squad will depart on Sunday 2nd July for a week of training at the La Manga Football Centre in Murcia, Spain returning on Friday 7th July 2017. 
We are hopeful of confirming two friendly matches to be played whilst we are in Murcia, however exact details on opponents and location of matches are yet to be finalised. 
Manager Jim McIntyre said “La Manga Football Centre is a top facility and having been there as a player myself it’s a great place for the team to prepare for the season ahead”.

Plenty of teams around Murcia (including Pinatar CF, who Martin Prest once played for), so shouldn't imagine there would be much trouble having a couple of games arranged.

Martin Hugo Prest. What a man.

Information 
(05-23-2017, 08:05 PM)Iker Wrote: Martin Hugo Prest. What a man.

A blast from the past I would never have thought of again - where is Prest now? 

Limited Wikipedia info says he is 38 and a former footballer who scored 4 goals for us 2001- 2002. He went on to spend each season with a new club:  Raith Rovers, Collado VillalbaL'EscalaAtlètic CiutadellaNuoreseMarítimo, BurgosDéniaPinatar and finally, (unverified) Atletico Vieste  2011–2012

Yep the post season - pre season has begun.

Spain sounds alright for the County chaps.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

What. A. Hatrick.

Playing Elgin away on the 1st of July.

(05-23-2017, 08:24 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote: What. A. Hatrick.

Against Raith at home in (possibly) last home game of season. Came off the bench, bagged 3 and did the first and last rabona I've seen at Victoria Park.

Prest is one of those absolutely random players we ended up with in the first division who ended up being decent but didn't stick around- like Amick Chiani.

(05-25-2017, 07:57 AM)Despot Wrote: Prest is one of those absolutely random players we ended up with in the first division who ended up being decent but didn't stick around- like Amick Chiani.
Heart Heart Heart

Prest had plenty of opportunities but failed to come near to the promise of that sublime hatrick (I seem to remember Andy Smith raking his studs down Prest's leg in that game too, resulting in a big mark on Prest's leg and a walk to the dressing room for jug ears), he wasn't really up to it and went to Raith himself.

My only memory of Chiani is his celebration at the Jailend once.

(05-25-2017, 07:57 AM)Despot Wrote: Prest is one of those absolutely random players we ended up with in the first division who ended up being decent but didn't stick around- like Amick Chiani.

Remember Ramiro Gonzalez?  Simultaneously the best and worst goalkeeper I've ever seen in my life.

I remember seeing Maciej Nuckowski making his debut for us in Forfar.
Where do we find them.

Great memory that Prest hat-trick, any video?

Anyway this is all off-topic!
Anyone planning La Manga? Already booked to be in Lanzarote that week so no use for me, gutted I'll miss Elgin away too, that's a great train away-day.

What date is the Elgin game?

I hear Mark Nicolson is getting a testimonial on July 12th against a celtic side. Good on him, former player and a really nice guy.

(05-26-2017, 03:11 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I remember seeing Maciej Nuckowski making his debut for us in Forfar.
Where do we find them.

Great memory that Prest hat-trick, any video?

Famously, STV sport only caught one of the goals.

(05-27-2017, 11:25 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Famously, STV sport only caught one of the goals.

And the BBC said he never scored, cheated and should never have gone North of Perth as it's the wild lands!

PfrankthetankWhat date is the Elgin game?

I hear Mark Nicolson is getting a testimonial on July 12th against a celtic side. Good on him, former player and a really nice guy.

County visit borough briggs on Sat 1st july @ 1500.
£10 adults and £5 kids
£2 up grade for a seat 

Be desperate to see a game by then

Tenner for a friendly, wow they're pushing it aren't they!

You showing your age. Dont get much for a tenner these days tho.

they play the caley (now a championship side??) the next week 8th and charging a tenner for a second rate side.

I think a premier club brings a premium price but taking the mick with the follow up act.

Playing Brora away on July 12th

No games announced yet during the week in Spain? Anyone going?