Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v Dundee 4th April
Lightbulb 
Dear Jim,
Any chance of playing Boyce in his natural position?
It's just a thought, since, well you know things haven't been going too well recently.
Also this 3/5 at the back isn't really working is it?
How about an extra midfielder in there?
Enjoy the game.

(04-02-2017, 10:45 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Dear Jim,
Any chance of playing Boyce in his natural position?
It's just a thought, since, well you know things haven't been going too well recently.
Also this 3/5 at the back isn't really working is it?
How about an extra midfielder in there?
Enjoy the game.

Behave  Rolleyes

I think the 3/5 five at the back may not be great, but it is working better than the four at the back was so I'd probably stick with it.
To me Routis has been poor the last two games, and while people will probably will throw up stats like we only win when he plays etc. But he's been lazy in the last two games and probably deserves to be dropped.
but then who plays there? Chow? Is he much better, he only seems to play when he has Routis beside him!

And no surprising we need to have Boyce up front, but I've no real preference if it's Schalk or Curran alongside. Maybe start with one and change after an hour or so.

So I'd go with the following

Fox
Naismith Fraser Davies McEvely VdWeg
                  Chow Woods
                        O'Brien
                   Boyce  Schalk

If the same system remains I would like to see O'Brien off the strikers and Boyce further forward.  O'Brien's passing was penetrative and very neat against ICT, which helped turn the screw for the eventual equaliser.

I'm not a fan of Kenny as a wing-back.  Neither was Jim at the start of the season - mind when Kenny was taken off after 38 mins at home to Dunde the last time, when Jim told the press Kenny wasn't a wing-back?  Kenny can dig out a good cross but isn't going to take on or beat a player.

The risk with keeping the same system is Hartley knows exactly how to set up a team against it.  Last time in Dingwall he used a 4-3-3 with Vincent the defensive midfielder to man-mark Boyce, Dundee invited pressure and hit on the counter.  Their forwards weren't anything special but a front three vs any back three combo from this County side isn't likely to result in a County clean sheet.

Away win.

We really MUST win this one - a draw's not good enough. Hamilton away will be difficult now, thanks to Mr Foster and "friend", as they'll have their tails up and will see a potential 3 points against us. Celtic we can forget. So if we want to go into the last 5 games not in the bottom 2 we have to win tomorrow.

It's hard I know, but we have to really get behind the team for the rest of the season - that could be one argument for changing the manager now as a new one would definitely get more support than the existing duo.

Problem is, with all the rubbish top 6 talk, the players just haven't got into that fighting spirit that relegation threatened teams need. Even Caley with Foran seem better motivated than us.

Hard times ahead. That's why tomorrow's game is so important.

I have absolutely no idea what the team will be. As we speak, Jim's probably got the squad names on a board with blindfold and pin in hand.

Quote from JM from BBC website "" we are in a dog fight. We need to do enough to win games and make sure we don't get dragged right into the relegation scrap."

Em ,I think someone should tell him we are 3 points off the bottom place,I'd class that as been in a relegation scrap

Gonna be gut wrenching tonight. Time for the underperforming, overpaid players and the clueless management team to step up to the plate. Yes, Jim, we are in a 'dogfight' and a win tonight will help the cause but unfortunately won't see us escape the 'dogfight'. We're in this position through clueless tactics, inept performances from complacent players and a general lack of passion. Tonight we get stuck right into Dundee. No excuses Jim or you're out! 6 points out of our next 2 games is a must then a couple of wins after the break and we'll be fine. Then it's time for Roy to start the clear out. COYS

Not looking forward to tonight, team aren't good to watch at the moment and we are teetering on the brink.

I'll be going along as usual though, and just got one thing in my mind, despite everything else going on (I think Jmac's fate is already sealed one way or another), let's get behind the team! We have some good players, a few of which I certainly hope are still here next season, let's not get on their backs because of frustration at others!

Mon STAGGIES!!

Suspect tonights result could be crucial in a few weeks time. 1 win in 10 for each team so both in poor form. If Jim sees sense and plays Boyce up front we should be fine. Dont see that happening though. Imagine the attendance will be poor also which is a shame for a crucial match but not surprising considering the current situation. They'll be up for it after their result at the weekend.
Change of system would be nice. 3/5 at the back hasnt been working. 4-2-3-1 would be my choice. Unlikely though
Fox
Naismith Fraser Davies VDW
Woods Routis
Lalkovic Schalk O'Brien
Boyce

My prediction for tonight: a season-low attendance for a league game, beating the previous nadir of 2,511 (Motherwell on 31 Jan, since you ask).

(04-04-2017, 03:51 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: Not looking forward to tonight, team aren't good to watch at the moment and we are teetering on the brink.

I'll be going along as usual though, and just got one thing in my mind, despite everything else going on (I think Jmac's fate is already sealed one way or another),  let's get behind the team!  We have some good players, a few of which I certainly hope are still here next season, let's not get on their backs because of frustration at others!

Mon STAGGIES!!

I hear you. C'mon the staggies, your team needs you!!!

FYI I've got a few people asking me if I've got spare tickets so there's definitely interest in this game. Never going to happen but I'd love to see a good crowd getting behind the team.

I'm gonna go mental with my team selection.  What we've been doing isn't working so let's roll the dice with the new signings and a 4-2-3-1.  Controversially, with Boyce as an actual striker and Schalk and Curran available as impact subs later in the game.

Fox
Naismith Fraser Davies van der Weg
Routis Gobern
Lalkovic Gardyne O'Brien
Boyce

(04-04-2017, 05:12 PM)Forfinn Wrote: I'm gonna go mental with my team selection.  What we've been doing isn't working so let's roll the dice with the new signings and a 4-2-3-1.  Controversially, with Boyce as an actual striker and Schalk and Curran available as impact subs later in the game.

Fox
Naismith Fraser Davies van der Weg
Routis Gobern
Lalkovic Gardyne O'Brien
Boyce

Great minds think alike Cool

(04-03-2017, 10:08 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Quote from JM from BBC website "" we are in a dog fight. We need to do enough to win games and make sure we don't get dragged right into the relegation scrap."

Em ,I think someone should tell him we are 3 points off the bottom place,I'd class that as been in a relegation scrap

I will make it tonight getting better but by bit I'm allowed inside just behind where my seat is in west stand  so I'm the lucky missing mascot. We are going to,win and ,we will,stay up ,that was managers problem ,more interested in keeping other interests up

Boyce better be playing striker.

For those fans that leave early remember the development side hit ICT with a 95th minute winner yesterday!! Keep on believing, tonight could be tough at times but get behind the team for the full 90+ mins and hopefully we'll be celebrating 3 points which can take us closer to safety.
Forfinn i predict a 2850 crowd cheering a 2-1 victory with Boyce and Curran scoring.
C'mon the County!!

Starting XI- Fox, Naismith, Fraser, Davies, Van Der Weg, Chow, Woods, Gardyne, O'Brien. Boyce, Curran
Subs- McCarey, Schalk, Routis, Mceveley, Lalkovic, Tumilty, Dow
3 changes from Saturday (Chow, O'Brien and Gardyne in for Routis Mceveley and Schalk)
Looks like it'll be a 4-4-2. Positive signs!

1st goal is key. OK, maybe not. HT 1-1 (Chow)

COME ON COUNTY WE NEED A WIN.

Are the 2 early subs for injuries or performance?