Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Partick Thistle away on April Fools' Day
Jim yesterday and Routis today (P&J) still talking about top 6.

Huge game for us obviously, as they all are from now on. Realistically forget taking anything from Celtic in the last game before the split, so this game, Dundee at home next Tues and Accies away next Sat are mahoosive, 6 pointers.

Chow is suspended. Hopefully the injuries have cleared up, especially Fox.

Does anyone think they really mean all this Top 6 chat, or do they think they are appeasing the supporters with this talk? I think it's out the window personally, we need to take our eyes off the table and just concentrate on grinding out the results. If we do that, then the table will sort itself out.

(03-30-2017, 11:10 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Jim yesterday and Routis today (P&J) still talking about top 6.

Huge game for us obviously, as they all are from now on. Realistically forget taking anything from Celtic in the last game before the split, so this game, Dundee at home next Tues and Accies away next Sat are mahoosive, 6 pointers.

Chow is suspended. Hopefully the injuries have cleared up, especially Fox.

Those in attendance on Tuesday night were told that ut us a fully fit squad available for Saturday. All injuries were cleared up and Fox was back in training

Heard from a reliable source that Fox will be back. Thank fook!

This is a huge match. I'd give Lalkovic & O'Brien a run out here. Get Boyce upfront with Curran or Schalk.

Fox

Naismith
Davies
Fraser
VDW

Lalkovic
Routis
O'Brien
Gardyne

Boyce
Schalk

(03-30-2017, 12:16 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Those in attendance on Tuesday night were told that ut us a fully fit squad available for Saturday. All injuries were cleared up and Fox was back in training

Very poor turn out ---- I'm led to believe Roy stated JM hardest working manager we've had mmmm
However I note that the Global Energey name is changing next month to Staggie Stadium

(03-31-2017, 11:21 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: However I note that the Global Energey name is changing next month to Staggie Stadium

Really? What's wrong with going back to Victoria Park?

(03-31-2017, 12:18 PM)Rocco Wrote: Really? What's wrong with going back to Victoria Park?

More staggies go there than Victoria's

(03-31-2017, 11:21 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Very poor turn out ---- I'm led to believe Roy stated JM hardest working manager we've had mmmm
However I note that the Global Energey name is changing next month to Staggie Stadium

It's Victoria Park, always has been, always will be!!!!!!

(03-31-2017, 11:21 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Very poor turn out ---- I'm led to believe Roy stated JM hardest working manager we've had mmmm

Also you're a day early Big Grin

It's a big game, but so's every game till the end of the season now.

I thought the formation against Caley was good with Fraser,Davies and vdW at the back with Naismith and Gardyne wide midfield and 2 in the middle.

I'll get shot down for it but I think Midge has been by his standards poor this season ( no goals and no assists though he does track back well) so I'd play Lalkowic instead of him. I'd have Routis and O'Brien in the middle but JM will play Woods if he's fit.

Up front's a problem. Curran & Schalk work well together but against Caley, Boyce was like a fish out of water with us playing 3-4-1-2. I've never seen him play so badly.

So I'd play Boyce & Curran 1st half and Boyce and Schalk second half.

With us playing away at Partick, he might play Schalk &/or Curran on their own up front.

Whatever, he's the manager so he'll decide. A draw would do though 3 points would be better.

(03-31-2017, 03:16 PM)It Wrote: It's a big game, but so's every game till the end of the season now.

I thought the formation against Caley was good  with Fraser,Davies and vdW at the back with Naismith and Gardyne wide midfield and 2 in the middle.

I'll get shot down for it but I think Midge has been by his standards poor this season ( no goals and no assists though he does track back well) so I'd play Lalkowic instead of him.  I'd have Routis and O'Brien in the middle but JM will play Woods if he's fit.

Up front's a problem.  Curran & Schalk work well together but against Caley, Boyce was like a fish out of water with us playing  3-4-1-2. I've never seen him play so badly.

So I'd play Boyce & Curran 1st half  and Boyce and Schalk second half.

With us playing away at Partick, he might play Schalk &/or Curran on their own up front.

Whatever, he's the manager so he'll decide.    A draw would do though 3 points would be better.

Similar thoughts to this setup.

I think the team will be:-

Fox
KVW Davies Fraser
Midge Woods Routis O'Brien Naismith
Boyce
Schalk

Fox being well protected by a solid, error free defense, Midge and Naismith playing as wingbacks, Routis and O'Brien doing a lot of ball winning which enables Woods to play further up the park finding Boyce in the 10 role and Schalk scoring a couple in a win for County.

I admit I'm an optimist but this is how we all want our team to work and that team has the potential to deliver.

That said Jim picks the team and he has surprised me in the past!!!

Good luck to whoever plays though............3 points please  Wink

(03-31-2017, 03:16 PM)It Wrote: It's a big game, but so's every game till the end of the season now.

I thought the formation against Caley was good  with Fraser,Davies and vdW at the back with Naismith and Gardyne wide midfield and 2 in the middle.

I'll get shot down for it but I think Midge has been by his standards poor this season ( no goals and no assists though he does track back well) so I'd play Lalkowic instead of him.  I'd have Routis and O'Brien in the middle but JM will play Woods if he's fit.

Up front's a problem.  Curran & Schalk work well together but against Caley, Boyce was like a fish out of water with us playing  3-4-1-2. I've never seen him play so badly.

Whatever, he's the manager so he'll decide.    A draw would do though 3 points would be better.

Dundee humbled 7.  0 by Aberdeen  saves the bacon

(03-31-2017, 03:16 PM)It Wrote: ..........  I'd have Routis and O'Brien in the middle but JM will play Woods if he's fit. ......

Can someone who keeps a note of these things confirm when Jim last selected Woods when Routis was fully fit and available? It seems to me that Routis has been his preference for the last three months at least.

So Boyce and Curran first half,then Boyce  and Schalk second half.regardless of how the game is going?
I would think changes would be made on performance on the day.
Yes ,the manager will decide.
I agree with you about Gardyne though ,so I will not be shooting at you!

(03-31-2017, 10:38 PM)Wicky Wrote:  
Can someone who keeps a note of these things confirm when Jim last selected Woods when Routis was fully fit and available? It seems to me that Routis has been his preference for the last three months at least.

Routes was out injured part of last 3 months woods played more

(03-31-2017, 03:48 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I think the team will be:-

Fox
KVW Davies Fraser
Midge Woods Routis O'Brien Naismith
Boyce
Schalk

Fox being well protected by a solid, error free defense, Midge and Naismith playing as wingbacks, Routis and O'Brien doing a lot of ball winning which enables Woods to play further up the park finding Boyce in the 10 role and Schalk scoring a couple in a win for County.

Good luck to whoever plays though............3 points please  Wink

I'm all for Jamie's line up ^^^

Midge hasn't lived up to his own high standards this season, in an attacking sence anyway imo but the shift he puts in to help his teammates and the County cause is there for us all to see. I'd start with Midge and maybe introduce Lalkovic later on.

Tough match as always against PT, a draw wouldn't be a disaster but hopefully we can get the three points. 

That was some score for Dundee last night!!

(04-01-2017, 08:14 AM)frankthetank Wrote: I'm all for Jamie's line up ^^^

Midge hasn't lived up to his own high standards this season, in an attacking sence anyway imo but the shift he puts in to help his teammates and the County cause is there for us all to see. I'd start with Midge and maybe introduce Lalkovic later on.

Tough match as always against PT, a draw wouldn't be a disaster but hopefully we can get the three points. 

That was some score for Dundee last night!!
Dundee did not score mmmmm

(04-01-2017, 10:25 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Dundee did not score mmmmm

Okay then, wow that was some scoreline at the match played at Dens Park last night, happier with that? 

As said I'm expecting a very tough match as always against PT but I'm optimistic and we're certainly capable of taking the three points back up the road with us.

Looks like:
Fox
Fraser Davies McEveley
Naismith....................... Van der Weg
Woods Routis
B.....O.....Y....C.....E............................
Curran Schalk
Subs: McCarey, Tumilty, Dow, O'Brien, Dykes, Lalkovic, Gardyne

Boyce being wasted in that weird wandering Right wing to central position I'd say.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(04-01-2017, 02:40 PM)Spain Wrote: Looks like:
Fox
Fraser Davies McEveley
Naismith....................... Van der Weg
Woods Routis
B.....O.....Y....C.....E............................
Curran Schalk
Subs: McCarey, Tumilty, Dow, O'Brien, Dykes, Lalkovic, Gardyne

Boyce being wasted in that weird wandering Right wing to central position I'd say.
I agree with this Boyce wasted it has happened so many games too ,we need to win today or Patrick can lock us out of top 6 ,was it ever possible.    Dundee are still better goal difference by one goal ,
All said and done with budget and player pool, Ross county should be better off than we are

This is JM set up for Partick game
Fox, Fraser, Davies, McEveley, Naismith, Woods, Boyce, Routis, van der Weg, Schalk and Curran