Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Supporters meeting
(07-19-2017, 08:16 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Has he? Kenny, our SLO, has just posted about a meeting he had with him.

Buff, where do you get your facts? 
Please tell me it's not just your random thoughts and you actually have a reliable source for your theories.

Believe me Jamie watch what happens to youth players then judge what I say , let's see who gets  to take most meetings  
Let's see the outcome on youth players ,if anything Jamie I'm honest I could go into detail but let it spin out ,let's go eight games i
Or so , 
Oh I hope county win every Game they play Jamie  I also hope the truth be always there ,even if we don't like it  -----no random thoughts.  time will tell  and you are the guy who will remind me IF I'm wrong ,and I appreciate that  !! You tell it as you see it. Good man patience being a virtue, let's see what pans out , basically there are players who will be put out on loan. After all in the past players will,not  just take any club suggested ,they will,make up their minds !! It's their future !!

(07-20-2017, 01:13 PM)thejailender Wrote: Kenny, with regards to your own position as the Supporters Liason Officer, is this just a link between the supporters and the board, or will it have a more involved role such as being involved with Supporters Direct Scotland and/or FSF (Football Supporters Federation)
County used to have membership to these under the old Association of Supporters clubs and Save our Staggies.

I know these were primarily aimed at Supporters clubs and helping out with insurances for cancelled matches (recovering bas costs), but these days most football clubs have gone down the route of the SLO and they do still hold meeting every few months.

They probably discuss issues that are wider across football rather than just at County, but there could be benefits in just seeing what other clubs are doing, and if we could do something similar - or avoid if its not working etc.

Alan, to answer your question - yes, there will be more involvement - at the moment it's about trying to get to grips with the role and dealing with any fan issues, concerns, ideas, complaints etc.  

As you probably know, Fergie has been pretty active attending various events and when I can I'd be trying to attend SLO development days and I plan to attend these when I can. I've also had Supporters Direct get in touch with me also offering help so ideally I'd want to try and network with as many of these organisations as possible.

I've been in touch with other SLO's and the plan where possible is to meet up with them when they attend games at our ground, or when we are visiting their grounds. 

But at the moment as I said, it's about getting to grips with the role and making sure the fans are my priority as that's really what the club want - better communication between the club and it's fans.

Cheers,

Kenny.

(07-20-2017, 01:00 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Last meeting I heard Steven Ferguson chaired , is there not a overall excecutive in charge  niw in Roy's absence. Through business commitment ,the monthly meetings you say will continue ,and Roy will there !! When he can!!  
Football ---- Was Tumity in team against Montrose  did any of last years under twenties get a game

see you  game Friday Kenny , for a chat like it better that way ,thank you for your honest response

Hi Tommy,  the only reason Fergie chaired the meeting was that Roy was called away on business at the last minute - Roy as you know runs a worldwide business and that takes up a lot of his time - he has made the effort at the last few meetings, but a lot depends on where he is at any given time.

Happy to catch up on Friday for a chat - cheers for now  Smile
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(07-20-2017, 01:14 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Believe me Jamie watch what happens to youth players then judge what I say , let's see who gets  to take most meetings  
Let's see the outcome on youth players ,if anything Jamie I'm honest I could go into detail but let it spin out ,let's go eight games i
Or so , 
Oh I hope county win every Game they play Jamie  I also hope the truth be always there ,even if we don't like it  -----no random thoughts.  time will tell  and you are the guy who will remind me IF I'm wrong ,and I appreciate that  !! You tell it as you see it. Good man patience being a virtue, let's see what pans out , basically there are players who will be put out on loan. After all in the past players will,not  just take any club suggested ,they will,make up their minds !! It's their future !!

Hi buff. My point about your post was the statement about Roy taking a step back, that's why it was in bold letters!

I, like you, want to see the younger players having an impact but they have to earn it. I think JM and Roy also would love nothing more. I realise you have concerns about JM's desire to see this happen. I personally think your feelings are misplaced because JM has given TD lots of opportunities but, as young players tend to do, TD was inconsistent. We all know he has the potential but our team can't afford any passengers for even 10mins of a game. 
This season the younger players will feature but I doubt it will be on a consistent basis unless they make themselves impossible to leave out and to do that they have to perform to their best consistently. If JM didn't believe the younger players couldn't offer anything why has he promoted them? Please don't say it's because Roy has told him to because firstly Roy would never do that and secondly no self respecting manager would stand for that if there chairman did!

Wouldn't it be great if we won our first 8 games of the season with a couple of younger players in the side!!!!
Only the 2nd part of that is likely though  Angel
Keep up the posts and we'll revisit/reassess in a couple of months  Wink

(07-20-2017, 04:54 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Hi buff. My point about your post was the statement about Roy taking a step back, that's why it was in bold letters!

I, like you, want to see the younger players having an impact but they have to earn it. I think JM and Roy also would love nothing more. I realise you have concerns about JM's desire to see this happen. I personally think your feelings are misplaced because JM has given TD lots of opportunities but, as young players tend to do, TD was inconsistent. We all know he has the potential but our team can't afford any passengers for even 10mins of a game. 
This season the younger players will feature but I doubt it will be on a consistent basis unless they make themselves impossible to leave out and to do that they have to perform to their best consistently. If JM didn't believe the younger players couldn't offer anything why has he promoted them? Please don't say it's because Roy has told him to because firstly Roy would never do that and secondly no self respecting manager would stand for that if there chairman did!

Wouldn't it be great if we won our first 8 games of the season with a couple of younger players in the side!!!!
Only the 2nd part of that is likely though  Angel
Keep up the posts and we'll revisit/reassess in a couple of months  Wink

Jaime like the post like the honesty ,yep,two month down the line good one ,  there must be some players from undervtwenty worth investing in ,

Buff your ranting is tiresome and repetitive.....

(07-21-2017, 12:10 PM)ELincognito Wrote: Buff your ranting is tiresome and repetitive.....

you do not have to read my posts simple  and no ranting tell me about tge ranting as opposed to constructive criticism or replying to posts opinion  dear chap so like it or lump it I'm nit bothered . 
I smile at yours. If it helps  do you go to games

Well done in the new post Kenny, you will do a great job. All the best

I don't wish to step on the Liaison Officer's toes but can I draw attention to the SFSA Fans' Survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/sfsa-benchmark-2017

As supporters, this is an opportunity to record particularly what we think of both the SPFL and SFA and, in my opinion, should be well worth the comparatively short time that it takes to complete.

(07-21-2017, 05:40 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Well done in the new post Kenny, you will do a great job.  All the best

Cheers Mark - I'll do my best!  Smile
Supporter Liaison Officer