Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Supporters meeting
Anyone go to the supporters meeting last night? - I couldn't make it.

Anything interesting discussed

There was another one of these last night. Anyone go and able to report back what was discussed?

Not a lot out of it.
Roy couldn't make it due to being called away to another business meeting, so Steven Ferguson chaired it with Emily Wilson there too.

Main point regarding fans was that Kenny MecLennan will be the Supporters Liason officer - I'm sure more info will be made public soon about that, it was mentioned what his roles/responsibility will be but I'll wait for the official information in case I've picked bit up incorrectly. - Either way a good appointment in my opinion, the last liason officer we had was an employee of the club so not really "on the fans side" - whereas my opinion is Kenny will be.

Other points is that there are to be no programs next season - not financially viable anymore seemingly.

And the Hamilton suite won't be available to general fans or bigger games next season as it'll be used for hospitality - but the Staggies bar will be there for general fans.
(new Staff / procedures in the Staggies bar so service should be quicker)

Staggies bar also going to be opening Thursday to Sunday nights as a resteraunt, being run by Red Poppy - not sure when this starts from though.

New pitch laid over the summer as the company who laid it last summer "weren't happy with the levels of the pitch"
So not sure if they've re-laid it for nothing or if we paid again.
Think they also said the training pitch out the back was also re-laid.

That was about it really.

(06-20-2017, 01:11 PM)thejailender Wrote: Not a lot out of it.
Roy couldn't make it due to being called away to another business meeting, so Steven Ferguson chaired it with Emily Wilson there too.

Main point regarding fans was that Kenny MecLennan will be the Supporters Liason officer - I'm sure more info will be made public soon about that, it was mentioned what his roles/responsibility will be but I'll wait for the official information in case I've picked bit up incorrectly.  - Either way a good appointment in my opinion, the last liason officer we had was an employee of the club so not really "on the fans side" - whereas my opinion is Kenny will be.

Other points is that there are to be no programs next season - not financially viable anymore seemingly.

And the Hamilton suite won't be available to general fans or bigger games next season as it'll be used for hospitality - but the Staggies bar will be there for general fans.
(new Staff / procedures in the Staggies bar so service should be quicker)

Staggies bar also going to be opening Thursday to Sunday nights as a resteraunt, being run by Red Poppy - not sure when this starts from though.

New pitch laid over the summer as the company who laid it last summer "weren't happy with the levels of the pitch"
So not sure if they've re-laid it for nothing or if we paid again.
Think they also said the training pitch out the back was also re-laid.

That was about it really.

They have indeed relaid the training pitch and when i saw it a fortnight ago it was still bare so hopefully will be plush and green in no time

Was there any mention of colt teams entering the league set-up? It's a bit of a hot issue just now and being pushed as a vehicle for Celtic and Rangers to expand their influence in the game. As the club with currently the best U20s team in the country, I'd imagine our hierarchy would have Opinions on the subject - I'm just not entirely sure what they would be.

Was touched on but not much said on it except that it wouldnt be financially viable for us to do something like that as the expense would outweigh the incomw

(06-20-2017, 01:11 PM)thejailender Wrote: Main point regarding fans was that Kenny MecLennan will be the Supporters Liason officer 

1. Good luck to Kenny, fair play to him for taking this on.

2. Can understand the difficulty in forecasting programme sales. There were games last season when there were none left 30mins before ko, and I'm sure other games where several hundred went unsold. 
It's a pity, I thought they were decent.
No more laughing at Caley then with their A4 sheet. 

3. If The Grill is to be successful then it needs to be open when it states it will be, the venture last year was unreliable. If it's Nick and Red Poppy managing it then I'm sure it will be better. 
Like I've said before, the time I and I'm sure many others would actually use it would be Saturdays pre and post match. This wasn't possible last time since it wasn't open on matchdays. Even if not the full restaurant menu, a few options, basket suppers etc. Jeez I'm showing my age now Confused

(06-27-2017, 06:43 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: 3. If The Grill is to be successful then it needs to be open when it states it will be, the venture last year was unreliable. If it's Nick and Red Poppy managing it then I'm sure it will be better. 
Like I've said before, the time I and I'm sure many others would actually use it would be Saturdays pre and post match. This wasn't possible last time since it wasn't open on matchdays. Even if not the full restaurant menu, a few options, basket suppers etc. Jeez I'm showing my age now Confused

No you're not showing your age, you are spot on. I went to the Grill a couple of times and it was excellent service and excellent food. Then one time I walked into an unadvertised private function and was made to feel like a [censored] for asking for a table. Then finally I didn't get in the door at all, because it was closed, apparently.

Basket suppers would do just fine.

(06-27-2017, 09:31 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Basket suppers would do just fine.

@RCFC_SLO 

Staggies bar will have live music from 5pm on Saturday after the Alloa game  - basket suppers also available #Staggies

Jackpot! Put me down for 2 basket suppers, in case I want seconds.

I had an excellent fish supper at the Elgin game, so I'm chuffed they are doing similar for the Staggies bar.

I just hope they can do something about the length of time it takes to be served in the last hour or so before the game starts. Maybe they could stop people from congregating around the bar once they have bought their drinks? That area is often rammed, while the portacabin area near the entrance is fairly quiet.

Also, please sort the dryer in the gents!

Hi all, thanks for the good luck wishes - very much appreciated.!

The role will have it's own challenges I'm sure, but so far so good and I'm delighted to have been approached to take up the role.

Roy and Emily have both stated their intention to improve communication between the club and the fans and this was very apparent at the initial meeting with them when I agreed to take on the role.

I met the new CEO on Sat and it looks like Roy is putting in a young dynamic team with the appointment of Emily Wilson as general manager to help drive the club forward as best it can be.

Couple of points:

1. The hand dryer has been repaired - this was brought up at my first meeting with Roy and Emily and they have taken this on board and it's now working - this was raised a few times by supporters so I'm glad it's now fixed.

2. We had a good discussion about food options for Staggies Bar and the use of live entertainment of some sort after matches - this has also been implemented and I sampled the basket suppers myself on Sat after the match and they are simple and cost effective - nice easy option for supper after the match.

I did mention that on match days it would be good to have hot pies, stovies etc on sale in the bar before KO - and I'm sure this will be looked at, but I suppose it has to be easy to serve and not conflict with the tea bars etc!

The type of thing would be similar to food we get away at St Johnstone (Stovies, Pies in the supporters bar) and also the cost effective options we get at the Letham Club and Carick Knowe (now called The Terrace) - always made to feel welcome.

I've already had a few emails from fans with issues, suggestions etc and these are being dealt with.

So far so good and the signs are encouraging - Roy certainly is listening with regards to the cost reductions in the Jailend and food and entertainment in the bar.

Any issues, concerns or suggestions fire them to me at SLO@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk - you can rest assured they will be raised and communicated on your behalf - or catch me before or after a match home or away for a chat - the idea is that I'm available for fans when needed.

Cheers

Kenny.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(07-19-2017, 02:07 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Hi all,  thanks for the good luck wishes - very much appreciated.!

The role will have it's own challenges I'm sure, but so far so good and I'm delighted to have been approached to take up the role.

Roy and Emily have both stated their intention to improve communication between the club and the fans and this was very apparent at the initial meeting with them when I agreed to take on the role.

I met the new CEO on Sat and it looks like Roy is putting in a young dynamic team with the appointment of  Emily Wilson as general manager to help drive the club forward as best it can be.

Couple of points:

1. The hand dryer has been repaired - this was brought up at my first meeting with Roy and Emily and they have taken this on board and it's now working - this was raised a few times by supporters so I'm glad it's now fixed.

2. We had a good discussion about food options for Staggies Bar and the use of live entertainment of some sort after matches - this has also been implemented and I sampled the basket suppers myself on Sat after the match and they are simple and cost effective - nice easy option for supper after the match.

I did mention that on match days it would be good to have hot pies,  stovies etc on sale in the bar before KO - and I'm sure this will be looked at, but I suppose it has to be easy to serve and not conflict with the tea bars etc!

The type of thing would be similar to food we get away at St Johnstone (Stovies, Pies in the supporters bar) and also the cost effective options we get at the Letham Club and Carick Knowe (now called The Terrace) - always made to feel welcome.

I've already had a few emails from fans with issues, suggestions etc and these are being dealt with.

So far so good and the signs are encouraging - Roy certainly is listening with regards to the cost reductions in the Jailend and food and entertainment in the bar.

Any issues, concerns or suggestions fire them to me at SLO@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk - you can rest assured they will be raised and communicated on your behalf - or catch me before or after a match home or away for a chat - the idea is that I'm available for fans when needed.

Cheers

Kenny.

Kenny

Hopefully speaking for the majority, your efforts are very much appreciated.
Anything that can be achieved  between you, Roy, Emily and the supporters can only be good.
Upwards and onwards, and here's to a successful season ahead.

(07-19-2017, 02:07 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Hi all,  thanks for the good luck wishes - very much appreciated.!

I met the new CEO on Sat and it looks like Roy is putting in a young dynamic team with the appointment of  Emily Wilson as general manager to help drive the club forward as best it can be.

Couple of points:

I did mention that on match days it would be good to have hot pies,  stovies etc on sale in the bar before KO - and I'm sure this will be looked at, but I suppose it has to be easy to serve and not conflict with the tea bars etc!

Cheers

Kenny.

On a football issue I'm looking at certain areas on the park ,and I'm wondering wil, any of the under twenty boys get game time  it would nit surprise me if two or three were farmed out ,including lazy years under twenty captain, Roy has taken a step back  and when that happens  things get kinda queer

(07-19-2017, 07:20 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: On a football issue I'm looking at certain areas on the park ,and I'm wondering wil, any of the under twenty boys get game time  it would nit surprise me if two or three were farmed out ,including lazy years under twenty captain, Roy has taken a step back  and when that happens  things get kinda queer

Seven players have been promoted from the under 20s!  Dylan Dykes has squad number 16!  These guys are going to get their chance.  But they have to earn it.  They don't get to play just because they won the league.  It would be no bad thing at all if, say, Davis Keillor-Dunn went out on loan for six months.

And really, that's the manager's prerogative.  Nothing the fans say or do will or should affect who he picks on a weekly basis.  

I think, without speaking out of turn, the purpose of having a liaison officer is to address the off-the-pitch issues relating to match day experience.  The disappearance of Ross County TV, for one thing.  The utterly awful match day catering (true at every single football ground in Scotland), for two.  The dreadful use of social media... these are the issues that the fans ought to be listened to on.

(07-19-2017, 07:20 PM)O Ross shire buff Wrote: On a football issue I'm looking at certain areas on the park ,and I'm wondering wil, any of the under twenty boys get game time  it would nit surprise me if two or three were farmed out ,including lazy years under twenty captain, Roy has taken a step back  and when that happens  things get kinda queer

Including last years captain  I meant not lazy years  under twenty captain sorry ,but Imsee people being farmed out,

(07-19-2017, 07:20 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: On a football issue I'm looking at certain areas on the park ,and I'm wondering wil, any of the under twenty boys get game time  it would nit surprise me if two or three were farmed out ,including lazy years under twenty captain, Roy has taken a step back  and when that happens  things get kinda queer

Has he? Kenny, our SLO, has just posted about a meeting he had with him.

Buff, where do you get your facts? 
Please tell me it's not just your random thoughts and you actually have a reliable source for your theories.

I don't think that is the case Tommy - the lads will have their place and have been given senior contracts which shows a level of commitment from the club and management team.  

Let's give it some time to see if any of them take their chance - Reghan Tumilty has slotted into the first team and doesn't look out of place - I definitely think we'll see more of them feature during the season.

As for Roy taking a step back - that couldn't be further from the truth!  Roy is having regular meetings with the supporters - the monthly meetings will continue and when he can he'll be there - he told me as much on Saturday!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(07-20-2017, 10:36 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: I don't think that is the case Tommy - the lads will have their place and have been given senior contracts which shows a level of commitment from the club and management team.  

Let's give it some time to see if any of them take their chance - Reghan Tumilty has slotted into the first team and doesn't look out of place - I definitely think we'll see more of them feature during the season.

As for Roy taking a step back - that couldn't be further from the truth!  Roy is having regular meetings with the supporters - the monthly meetings will continue and when he can he'll be there - he told me as much on Saturday!

Last meeting I heard Steven Ferguson chaired , is there not a overall excecutive in charge  niw in Roy's absence. Through business commitment ,the monthly meetings you say will continue ,and Roy will there !! When he can!!  
Football ---- Was Tumity in team against Montrose  did any of last years under twenties get a game

see you  game Friday Kenny , for a chat like it better that way ,thank you for your honest response

Kenny, with regards to your own position as the Supporters Liason Officer, is this just a link between the supporters and the board, or will it have a more involved role such as being involved with Supporters Direct Scotland and/or FSF (Football Supporters Federation)
County used to have membership to these under the old Association of Supporters clubs and Save our Staggies.

I know these were primarily aimed at Supporters clubs and helping out with insurances for cancelled matches (recovering bas costs), but these days most football clubs have gone down the route of the SLO and they do still hold meeting every few months.

They probably discuss issues that are wider across football rather than just at County, but there could be benefits in just seeing what other clubs are doing, and if we could do something similar - or avoid if its not working etc.