Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Celtic V Ross County 28th Dec
Any interest in this game?

Any points would be a bonus I suppose even more so after our poor result against Partick!

Kenny back in at LB.
Centre half pairing is a hard decision for JM.
Would like to see McLaughlin put in at LM.
Otherwise team as was for me.

Celtic are going to lose a game one day so it might as well be tomorrow. Who knows, maybe they've had too much Christmas spirit and won't be up for the game.

To be fair, we didn't play too badly against them in Dingwall. it was only Jim's mad substitutions that cost us all the goals.

They're the best team in the league by 100 miles so to get a point would be like a victory. It'll be good practice for a much more important game on Saturday !!

Both teams will maybe have an eye on their next derby match at the weekend.

Both managers won't be popular with their own support if they lose the following game.

I'd give McLaughlin a start and Schalk too, use Schalk's directness on the counter.

(12-27-2016, 09:21 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Any interest in this game?

Any points would be a bonus I suppose even more so after our poor result against Partick!

Kenny back in at LB.
Centre half pairing is a hard decision for JM.
Would like to see McLaughlin put in at LM.
Otherwise team as was for me.

BBC saying Kenny got a two match ban.

Just checked the SPFL website,BBC is correct,Kenny is not eligible for tomorrow night.

(12-27-2016, 08:05 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Just checked the SPFL website,BBC is correct,Kenny is not eligible for tomorrow night.

Didn't realise that, so Jay at LB??? That worries me tbh. Didn't look comfortable, or V happy/interested, against Partick!!

I would say 1-0 2-0 2-1 and 3-2 is ok result but any more than that is just standard for Celtic who ever makes up the fixtures should be shot we should not have to play Celtic away and then a derby in the same week

A decent defensive display coupled with no injuries or red cards would be fine. If we could score first it could be interesting but I can't envisage us keeping Celtic out for 90 minutes. Hopefully a good turnout from Glasgow-based Staggies as I can't see too many making the trip down. There's still tickets available should anyone be undecided about travelling down. COYS

(12-27-2016, 11:39 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I would say 1-0 2-0 2-1 and 3-2 is ok result but any more than that is just standard for Celtic who ever makes up the fixtures should be shot we should not have to play Celtic away and then a derby in the same week

I'll agree not ideal, however remember we are playing with the big boys Big Grin and 3 of our last 4 have been at home.

The longer we go without conceding I think is key. Early goal and we are gone I think.

They need to lose to someone this year so why not us. A first win at Parkhead would be great Smile

Best of luck to all concerned.

So then what formation are we in Tonight? 433, 4312??

Looks like we are lining up 4-3-3. Woods and Schalk in for Dingwall and Dow are the only changes from Friday

Interesting line up with Woods and Schalk replacing Dow and Dingwall. No real width there although Curran has played wide right in the past.

McLaughlin, Morrison and Tumilty on the bench. No sign of Franks or Cikos.

Comentry on radio Scotland 810 mw

1 Fox
2 Fraser
43 Quinn
15 Davies
5 McEveley
12 Chow
4 Routis
8 Woods
11 Curran
23 Schalk
10 Boyce

Substitutes
9 Dow
16 Dingwall
18 McShane
31 McCarey
44 McLaughlin
52 Tumility
53 Morrison

433 with no width.
Obviously the game plan is containment with Schalk on the quick counter.
Definitely a good ploy but lose an early/or any goal and I'm not sure that side has plan B about it.
Still I think it's the best way to go and JM's only option if he wants any points!

(12-28-2016, 08:52 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: 433 with no width.
Obviously the game plan is containment with Schalk on the quick counter.
Definitely a good ploy but lose an early/or any goal and I'm not sure that side has plan B about it.
Still I think it's the best way to go and JM's only option if he wants any points!

Quite like the look of that line up.  

Always wanted to get Schalk Curran and Boyce in the same starting XI, i think they could link up pretty well.  Cool

2 nil half time,two avoidable goals going by the radio,especially first goal,a 35 yard strike along the deck,Fox was suspect.

Mmm.. fox didn't do a great job, the first goal was from 35 yes and pretty much rolled n... second maybe not so bad..
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

2-0 . Could have been worse for the goal difference, and Caley lost. So if we beat them on Saturday that would really put daylight between us and them. Big game !! Can't wait.