Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County V Celtic
Thread commenced.
I expect nothing less than 3 points for County.
Come on the lads, we can do it.
Supporters! lets get behind the team.

SmileSmile Smile
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Expect? Bit optimistic, no? I can see us holding them to a respectable result, but to win we actually need to be scoring goals, and we haven't exactly been piling them in against the 'lowlier' teams.

I'd imagine Burke starting is a given, he was easily out best player v Partick. I'd like to see Routis start so we have at least a bit of bite in the middle, the thought of the lightweight Woods/McShane central midfield against Celtic gives me chills! Morrison must be worth a go up front, a bit of physical presence really wouldn't go amiss, but I suspect we will see Curran or Schalk, potentially on their own if we load up the middle or defence.

Rocco's WB
Thanks for the response, better attitude than I thought.
Curran & Schalk could do ok, if they play the ball to their feet.
In about Celitic like little terriers.
Just waiting for the Rossmoaners to throw their tuppence worth in.
Or will they be positive?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Pretty much impossible to be positive about this.  I'd never normally miss a televised game as they're so few and far between, but sticking to my usual Wednesday night game of fives looks like it will be a much more rewarding experience on this occasion.

Celtic have the squad to rotate as much as they want and still win, so I'd say our best chance is if Rodgers decides not to change drastically from the team he played against Rangers at the weekend.  Maybe their two big games in the last week will have taken their toll and they'll take the foot off the gas against us.

Is Morrison away with the U19s now?  If he's not, I'd start with him in the Chris Martin role up front in a 4-2-3-1.  He, Dingwall and Burke all looked lively when they came on against Thistle, and our usual starters will get mullered by Celtic anyway, so let's reward their good play.

Fox
Fraser Davies Quinn VdW
Routis Woods
Burke Dingwall Gardyne
Morrison

If we do lose, which logic dictates is a distinct possibility, I hope the margin is not great. I think it's going to be tight this season and goal difference could play a big part. Even our "friends across the water" are above us at the moment due to slightly better goal difference.

To be fair to the manager it's tricky to know whether we should try holding them and scoring on the breakaway or go for a more attacking option from the beginning. Was it 2 seasons ago, I can't remember, when we went for a defensive formation and we were 4 down by halftime?! I felt we'd surrendered that game before we even kicked off.

It's a pity it's a night game. Not sure if the Celtic fans will come up in such big numbers as usual. They can be a pain in the neck of course, but at least you get the feeling you're at a football match and not a funeral.

Please County - give us something to get excited about ! I'd love it if we beat them.

It would be nice to get a goal to cheer.......... You never know.

(10-25-2016, 12:38 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Is Morrison away with the U19s now?  If he's not, I'd start with him in the Chris Martin role up front in a 4-2-3-1. 

He's a big lad for 18. Someone ought to check his teeth
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(10-25-2016, 02:57 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: He's a big lad for 18. Someone ought to check his teeth

He's local, so he can be whatever age he wants to be.

I'm keeping an eye on that Schalk lad though.

(10-25-2016, 12:38 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Is Morrison away with the U19s now? 

SFA website says no.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_...wsID=16594

As long as we don't embarrass our selfs then the game can take of its self I would love us to get something from the game

A point would be an unexpected bonus. A good performance is a must to set us up for Saturday. A good 3 points for Accies tonight has seen them go above us. Motherwell game is a big one ... certainly not season defining but a win at Fir Park would make such a big difference. COYS

Am on way to this one. Flying visit home (by car) so hoping for a good game.

My wee fella is one of the mascots and he is pretty lucky so here is hoping!!

(10-25-2016, 11:07 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: My wee fella is one of the mascots

God, I hope you have a son or it's going to be a very awkward photo...  Tongue

(10-25-2016, 08:21 PM)Exiled Staggie Wrote: SFA website says no.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_...wsID=16594

Strange.  He was definitely called up, wasn't he?  Not seen any announcement that he's been withdrawn.  Hopefully it's a case of him being needed for first team action so, quite sensibly, he's doing that instead.

(10-25-2016, 11:30 PM)Rocco Wrote: God, I hope you have a son or it's going to be a very awkward photo...  Tongue

Ha ha........One of those David Mellor type pose's!!!

Just a wee reminder

Kick off 1945
Come along and support the COUNTY.
Get into them.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

(10-25-2016, 02:36 PM)It Wrote: If we do lose, which logic dictates is a distinct possibility, I hope the margin is not great. I think it's going to be tight this season and goal difference could play a big part. Even our "friends across the water" are above us  at the moment due to slightly better goal difference.

To be fair to the manager it's tricky to know whether we should try holding them and scoring on the breakaway or go for a more attacking option from the beginning.  Was it 2 seasons ago, I can't remember, when we went for a defensive formation and we were 4 down by halftime?! I felt we'd surrendered that game before we even kicked off.

It's a pity it's a night game. Not sure if the Celtic fans will come up in such big numbers as usual. They can be a pain in the neck of course, but at least you get the feeling you're at a football match and not  a funeral.

Please County - give us something to get excited about !  I'd love it if we beat them.

It would be nice to get a goal to cheer..........  You never know.

HMM!
4-0 down at half-time you say!
Was that at Parkhead?
Who was our manager?
Final score?

Hopefully Celtic 4-0 down tonight by half-time, well,   keep some interest in the game.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Anyone having a nibble at 11-1 for the win?

(10-26-2016, 03:52 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Anyone having a nibble at 11-1 for the win?

Thanks Pete
Worth a wee £5 punt.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

(10-25-2016, 11:30 PM)Rocco Wrote: God, I hope you have a son or it's going to be a very awkward photo...  Tongue

Always someone on here to take it too far.... Wink Rolleyes

I have a very excited young boy here, just sent him down for a speed nap, hopefully it works Undecided

(10-26-2016, 03:07 PM)Cit Reath Wrote: HMM!
4-0 down at half-time you say!
Was that at Parkhead?
Who was our manager?
Final score?

Hopefully Celtic 4-0 down tonight by half-time, well,   keep some interest in the game.

Was that not one of McIntyre's first games and I think it finished like 5-1 or something.  And the game was in Dingwall