Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Goals/assists/records thread
I mind someone started one at the start of the season but I couldn't find it. Would be handy to keep track throughout the season.

Season 11/12

Goals:
McMenamin 20 (Livi 6, Raith 2, Partick 2, Dundee 2, Hamilton 2, Falkirk, Queens Park, Dundee, Ayr, Morton)
Gardyne 18 (Albion 3, Queens 3, Partick 2, Dundee 2, Hamilton 2, Falkirk, Livi, Raith, Stenny, Morton, Ayr)
Brittain 12 (Ayr 4, Hamilton 2, Partick, Livi, Stenny, St.Mirren, Morton, Falkirk)
Vigurs 7 (Stenny 2, Partick 2, Ayr, Queens, Livi)
Craig 6 (QOTS 2, Hamilton, Falkirk, Stenny, St.Mirren)
Byrne 5 (Stenny 2, Hamilton, Morton, Queens)
Morrow 4 (Ayr 2, Livi, St.Mirren)
Kettlewell 4 (Morton, Falkirk, Dundee, Hamilton)
Quinn 3 (Dundee, Raith, Falkirk)
Lawson 3 (Ayr, Albion, Raith)
Munro 2 (Hamilton, Ayr)
Boyd 2 (Raith, Hamilton)
Miller (Falkirk)
Morrison (Elgin)
Flynn (Queens Park)

Assists:
Brittain 11 (Stenny 3, Hamilton 2, Raith 2, Falkirk, Dundee, Livi, Morton)
McMenamin 8 (Hamilton 2, Ayr, Morton, Albion, Queens, Partick, Falkirk)
Miller 8 (Queens 2, Raith, Raith, Albion, Ayr, Partick, Falkirk)
Vigurs 8 (Dundee 3, Livi 2, Hamilton, Morton, Queens)
Gardyne 7 (Raith 2, Hamilton, Stenny, Ayr, Livi, Queens)
Corcoran 5 (Partick, Livi, Morton, Dundee, Raith)
Craig 5 (Stenny 2, Ayr 2, Hamilton)
Lawson 5 (Ayr 2, QOTS, Livi, Hamilton)
Morrison 4 (Hamilton 2, Queens Park, Queens)
Boyd 3(Falkirk, Livi, Hamilton)
Byrne 2 (Ayr, Albion)
Fitzpatrick 2 (Falkirk, Livi)
Munro 2 (Elgin, Livi)
Quinn 2 (Dundee, St.Mirren)
Kettlewell 2 (St.Mirren, Partick)
Morrow (Ayr)
Fraser (Queens)

Season 12/13

Goals
Vigurs 9 (ICT 3, St.Mirren, Hibs, St.J, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Motherwell)
Brittain 8 (Celtic, Dundee, Hearts, ICT, Hibs, St.Mirren, Dundee Utd, Motherwell)
Quinn 6 (St.Mirren 2, Motherwell 2, ICT, Hearts)
Sproule 5 (St.Mirren 2, Hibs, St.J, Motherwell)
Morrow 3 (St.J, St.Mirren, Celtic)
Glen 3 (Dundee 2, Aberdeen)
Munro 2 (St.Mirren, Celtic)
Kettlewell 2 (Hibs, Hearts)
Lawson (Dundee)
Wohlfarth (Celtic)
Duncan (Raith)
McMenamin (Hibs)
Ross (Aberdeen)
Own Goal (Aberdeen)

Assists
Vigurs 11 (Hearts 3, St.Mirren 3, Hibs 2, ICT, Motherwell, Celtic)
Quinn 5 (St.Mirren 2, Aberdeen, Hearts, Motherwell)
Brittain 5 (Hibs 2, Aberdeen, St.J, Dundee Utd)
Glen 4 (St.Mirren, Hibs, ICT, Motherwell)
Wohlfarth 2 (Dundee, Aberdeen)
Morrow 2(St.Mirren, St.J)
Sproule 2 (Dundee Utd, Motherwell)
Corcoran 2 (Celtic, Dundee)
Scott 2 (Raith, ICT)
Cooper 2 (Dundee, Motherwell)
Kovacevic (ICT)
Munro (St.J)
Ikonomou (Celtic)
McMenamin (ICT)
Lawson (Dundee)

You would think that McMenamin would of had more assists? Quite shocked by that actually, along with the amount of assists that Vigurs has had.

Question 
Thanks for statisfying my curiosity. What's your source, staggy4life?

Have you been jotting notes down at every game?

Soz Jim'n'Billy

(01-23-2012, 08:59 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Thanks for statisfying my curiosity. What's your source, staggy4life?

Have you been jotting notes down at every game?

My amazing memory from being at the games for most of the goals. The rest were checked from the highlights.

Some of those stats are not entirely correct. Here are the stats for just league. As you will see some will have goals and assists not given in the above. Be careful from getting stats from the highlights from SFL tv as the commentator tends to get some assists wrong, probably down to the fact the commentating is added only for highlights purpose. For example: The win away to Livi, the commentator gives Brittain the assist for McMenamin's back post tap in (the 3rd goal) when really it was Vigurs who crossed the ball. There's a few others too. Anyway here is the stats that I got from several sources for the league.

Goals:

Gardyne 4
McMenamin 7
Craig 3
Brittain 3
Vigurs 2
Byrne 1
Quinn 2
Lawson 1
Kettlewell 2
Miller 1
Morrison 0
Flynn 0
Boyd 1
Munro 1
Morrow 1

Assists:

Brittain 2
McMenamin 2
Miller 3
Lawson 0
Fitzpatrick 2
Byrne 1
Vigurs 2
Gardyne 3
Craig 0
Corcoran 2
Morrison 1
Munro 0
Morrow 1
Quinn 2
Boyd 2

That's the stats I have got from the BBC website and serveral others and they all match. Can't be bothered doing the cups as well. Remember assists don't match the number of goals scored as some goals come from pens, freekicks and solo efforts.

Sound. I think those stats are pretty much correct with the exception of giving Byrne a goal instead of that Colin Stewart o.g. Yeah I noticed that on the highlights but I'd like to think I could tell the difference between Vigurs and Brittain.

(01-24-2012, 12:38 AM)staggy4life Wrote: Sound. My stats are for all games but they are correct with the exception of giving Byrne a goal instead of that Colin Stewart o.g. Yeah I noticed that on the highlights but I'd like to think I could tell the difference between Vigurs and Brittain.

Yeah I was bored so I thought i'd give a hand. Yeah it was definitely Vigurs who crossed the ball, it came from the left side and he was wearing his usual number 11 when he plays and plus like you said you cant mix the two up, completely different styles and techniques, not to mention build and height.

I've got all our season stats logged onto an Excell document.

Corcoran and Quinn both have three league assists, making them the two top players at the club for assists in the league.

Munro is also the only regular not to have been booked in the league (Malin, Flynn, Morrison, Duncan, Cooper, Craig and Morrow being the others).

Vigurs, Quinn and Miller are all only two yellow cards away from a one match suspension.

I've edited the list with the goals and assists that were by each player against each club. Feel free to say where Quinn's other assists were Yoda and I'll edit it. I can only think of the one at Dundee away.

Quinn provided the assist for McMenamin's goal against Falkirk on Boxing Day. I might have mistakenly added another assist but I'll check later. He's definitely got 2 though.

(01-24-2012, 11:18 AM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Quinn provided the assist for McMenamin's goal against Falkirk on Boxing Day. I might have mistakenly added another assist but I'll check later. He's definitely got 2 though.

It was definitely Corcoran (just double checked on the highlights) with the left footed shot for McMenamin's goal so you've two to find. Tongue

(01-23-2012, 02:48 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Vigurs 4 (Ayr, Partick, Vigurs 2)

Think you need to fix this.

(01-24-2012, 01:39 PM)Max Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 02:48 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Vigurs 4 (Ayr, Partick, Vigurs 2)

Think you need to fix this.
Vigurs is Stenhousemuir's nickname.

(01-24-2012, 01:12 PM)staggy4life Wrote: It was definitely Corcoran (just double checked on the highlights) with the left footed shot for McMenamin's goal so you've two to find. Tongue

I stand corrected then Dodgy I also looked at Fyrish's match report on here that said Quinn. I will (correctly) pull you up on giving Brittain an assist against Dundee. It was Corcoran that passed the ball to Quinn, unless Brittain has put in some weight.

I'm still not counting the OG at Morton as a Byrne goal! No assist either because the ball was (for a moment) under the goalkeeper's control!

(01-24-2012, 02:04 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 01:12 PM)staggy4life Wrote: It was definitely Corcoran (just double checked on the highlights) with the left footed shot for McMenamin's goal so you've two to find. Tongue

I stand corrected then Dodgy I also looked at Fyrish's match report on here that said Quinn. I will (correctly) pull you up on giving Brittain an assist against Dundee. It was Corcoran that passed the ball to Quinn, unless Brittain has put in some weight.

I'm still not counting the OG at Morton as a Byrne goal! No assist either because the ball was (for a moment) under the goalkeeper's control!

I noticed Fyrish's report said Quinn. What a wee grass you are! Definitely Corcoran though as the ball was going wide. Touche?

I'll give you the Corcoran one at Dundee.

I'm counting it as a Byrne goal due to Colin Stewart juggling what he thought was a hot potato.

This has turned into a nice wee debate to freshen OTB up.

(01-24-2012, 02:16 PM)staggy4life Wrote: I noticed Fyrish's report said Quinn. What a wee grass you are!

If I'm going down I'm taking every one of you with me.

Quote:I'll give you the Corcoran one at Dundee.

[Image: 340x-1.jpg?w=450]

Quote:I'm counting it as a Byrne goal due to Colin Stewart juggling what he thought was a hot potato.

I say we put it to a vote. Certain own goal.

(01-24-2012, 02:30 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 02:16 PM)staggy4life Wrote: I'm counting it as a Byrne goal due to Colin Stewart juggling what he thought was a hot potato.

I say we put it to a vote. Certain own goal.

It was an O.G. as I already stated. I'm obviously just being County/Byrne biased.

(01-24-2012, 02:33 PM)staggy4life Wrote: It was an O.G. as I already stated. I'm obviously just being County/Byrne biased.

You would never see County bias creeping into any of my posts. That said, I'm tempted to agree, just because it was a very good cross from Corcoran and he deserves credit for it.

Define "Assist" please.

From wiki:

An assist is a contribution by a player which helps to score a goal. Statistics for assists made by players may be kept officially by the organisers of a competition, or unofficially by, for example, journalists or organisers of fantasy football competitions. Recording assists is not part of the official Laws of the Game and the criteria for an assist to be awarded may vary.
Most commonly, an assist is credited to a player for passing or crossing the ball to the scorer. It may also be awarded to a player whose shot rebounds (off a defender, goalkeeper or goalpost) to a teammate who scores; or to a player who wins a penalty kick for another player to convert. An attacking player may be awarded an assist for contributing to an own goal.[1] Players cannot be awarded an assist for a goal they themselves score. Usually one but a maximum of two players can be awarded assists is per goal.