Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Thoughts on McIntyre after all speculation and such?
I am seeing alot of people on Twitter call for his head and want him out. I think this is unfair, the unrest in the locker room behind the scenes is just speculation at the minute unless someone can come forward with solid proof then I won't be swayed. The mistake here is letting two decent plays go for free. Don't understand Foster going as he got regular game time but Graham is a little more understandable. 

Thoughts?

Don't know of any manager who would deliberately weaken his squad and therefore jeopardise his own position. Roy Mc has highlighted that we're now debt-free (big thanks to Roy). Perhaps Roy has requested that we now run as a business not relying on handouts? Let's see where we are with the squad when the transfer window closes before criticising Jim and Billy. Having said that I fail to understand any business giving away saleable assets as we did yesterday.

If we'd got a fee for them then it would be easier to stomach but to just release one and give away the other makes no business sense as they both had a resale vakye

There is a split in the dressing room, well one is bit of an understatement. Certain players do not like JM's treatment of some of the senior players. 

Personally I'd get rid of him now, our league form from December was horrific, and I can't see anything else but a relegation battle with him at the helm. 

The massive issue is, who would take over? We're not really an attractive prospect for the perceived bigger names. 

I suppose that's the issue for Roy, who does he get in to replace JM.

(08-20-2016, 10:32 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: There is a split in the dressing room, well one is bit of an understatement. Certain players do not like JM's treatment of some of the senior players. 

Personally I'd get rid of him now, our league form from December was horrific, and I can't see anything else but a relegation battle with him at the helm. 

The massive issue is, who would take over? We're not really an attractive prospect for the perceived bigger names. 

I suppose that's the issue for Roy, who does he get in to replace JM.

I just feel we have to wait to see how the next few results go and as someone said, wait until the window closes and if there is no effort to replace or strengthen our squad then that will be a massive issue imo.

I think we're two games into the season after a very successful previous campaign. Transfer window still open, two players moved on to make room for players coming in. 
Foster and Graham can be replaced from within the squad so the two salaries that have been freed can be used to buy a wide player and a new CM.
Maybe Roy told JM to free up some wages to make room for GMS!!!!
Sack JM, get a grip people  Huh

(08-20-2016, 10:51 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: I think we're two games into the season after a very successful previous campaign. Transfer window still open, two players moved on to make room for players coming in. 
Foster and Graham can be replaced from within the squad so the two salaries that have been freed can be used to buy a wide player and a new CM.

Nail on the head there mate.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Far too early to call this a mistake.

My worries are that the players who have come in aren't as good as the ones who have left. I'm not at all convinced by Kenny Van Der Weg and would far rather have Foster as back up. But then, I'm sure at least two players will come in yet.

I find it very strange that Foster started against ICT - I'm not sure who will come in for him. Dingwall, I guess.

Well then...

https://twitter.com/Amy__Macdonald/statu...6907608064

(08-20-2016, 11:38 AM)xStaggie Wrote: Well then...

https://twitter.com/Amy__Macdonald/statu...6907608064

As I've said, there is a lot going on behind the scenes. I'd be very surprised if we don't have new management by Christmas at the latest.

There's still the best part of a fortnight of transfer window left. It may be that this is all pieces in a big old puzzle that none of us can see just yet. If the end of the world dos comes and goes with no strengthening, or signings that we don't need, and the results and performances revert to pre-Caley levels, then I think we might have a problem. Until then, let's just trust that Jim knows what he's doing.

^^^This

Winning the cup over shadows our horrific post Christmas form. I don't believe at the moment our squad is anywhere near as strong as last seasons. It'll be interesting few weeks to say the least.

(08-20-2016, 10:51 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: I think we're two games into the season after a very successful previous campaign. Transfer window still open, two players moved on to make room for players coming in. 

Here!  Here!
Unbelievable, some of the comments on here.
Sack the manager after two games, one defeat and one win.
An excellent win over them!
OK, the manager got it wrong for the Dundee game, but he got it spot on for the next one.
Not one person posting on this site has the true facts, it is merely speculation.
Do we believe everything we hear/read on Faceless  & Twatter?
I read something else on the BBC web site! Graham stating that:
 Quote!
"I enjoyed Ross County, it's a great family club and obviously I won a cup there.
"Once I knew there was interest I was very keen on working with Neil Lennon. He did exceptionally well at Celtic. Hibs is a massive club and it's a big challenge.
"I've been away from my wife and two children for long spells as well so getting back down to be with them was additional motivation."

Thanks Brian for being at Ross County, thanks for the important goals you scored for us, your overall contribution and most importantly helping the club to secure a National trophy.
Good luck for the future and best wishes to your family ( but! if you ever play Ross County I hope you have a stinker)

Foster, no real evidence on his departure, but again the same best wishes to him.
Thanks Richard for being at Ross County, thanks for your overall contribution and most importantly helping the club to secure a National trophy.
Good luck for the future and best wishes to your family ( but! if you ever play Ross County I hope you have a stinker)
Some folk on this site were against you coming to the club, I for one welcomed you and had a good feeling you would make a worth contribution.

Once again guys, time to get behind the club, get along and support the team on the park.
Let's be honest, come December if we are bottom of the league and things are not going well, then it's time to look at the management, but not after 2 games , and lots of speculation.
If you ask two different people, what's going on at the club, they will give you different answers, and a third person well who knows what they might come up with.

I have one thing on my mind today, getting along to give my full 100% support to the players club and management.

(08-20-2016, 12:32 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Here!  Here!
Unbelievable, some of the comments on here.
Sack the manager after two games, one defeat and one win.
An excellent win over them!
OK, the manager got it wrong for the Dundee game, but he got it spot on for the next one.
Not one person posting on this site has the true facts, it is merely speculation.
Do we believe everything we hear/read on Faceless  & Twatter?
I read something else on the BBC web site! Graham stating that:
 Quote!
"I enjoyed Ross County, it's a great family club and obviously I won a cup there.
"Once I knew there was interest I was very keen on working with Neil Lennon. He did exceptionally well at Celtic. Hibs is a massive club and it's a big challenge.
"I've been away from my wife and two children for long spells as well so getting back down to be with them was additional motivation."

Thanks Brian for being at Ross County, thanks for the important goals you scored for us, your overall contribution and most importantly helping the club to secure a National trophy.

Foster, no real evidence on his departure, but again the same best wishes to him.
Thanks Richard for being at Ross County, thanks for your overall contribution and most importantly helping the club to secure a National trophy.
Some folk on this site were against you coming to the club, I for one welcomed you and had a good feeling you would make a worth contribution.

Once again guys, time to get behind the club, get along and support the team on the park.
Let's be honest, come December if we are bottom of the league and things are not going well, then it's time to look at the management, but not after 2 games , and lots of speculation.
If you ask two different people, what's going on at the club, they will give you different answers, and a third person well who knows what they might come up with.

I have one thing on my mind today, getting along to give my full 100% support to the players club and management.

I back this 100%. Lets get a good result today!

ditto
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(08-20-2016, 01:13 PM)Les Westander Wrote: ditto

I still suspect that Jim n Billy may actually have a clue
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Players who have left from squad at start of last season
Goal keeper - Garry Woods or Bachmann
Defenders- Darren Holden/Jamie Rekord/Rickie Foster
Midfielders- Stewart Murdoch/ Jackson Irvine/ Rocco Quinn / Rafa De Vita
Strikers- Brian Graham
Players who came in during last season
Defenders- Paul Quinn
Midfielders- Martin Woods
Strikers- Alex Schalk
This season
Goalkeeper- Aaron McCarey
Defenders- Kenny Van Der Plonker / Jay MCEveley/ Erik Cikos
Midfielders - Christopher Routis
So by my calculations we have one less player now than we had at the start of the season 2015/2016.
1 extra defender and 2 less midfielders.
With the long protracted GMS transfer if it were to happen we would have the same numbers again.
Woods vs McCarey - no improvement  /    Rocco Quinn vs Martin Woods - improvement slightly
Rekord vs Van Der Weg - no improvement     /          Holden vs McEveley - improvement
Foster vs Cikos - improvement hopefully but not as versatile.  /  Murdoch vs Routis - no improvement
Graham vs Schalk - improvement / extra defender Paul Quinn haven't replaced Irvine or Devita
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67