Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Development Squad 2016/2017
(05-06-2017, 09:47 AM)tattiedave Wrote: I don't feel your name drop  comment was necessary.Very negative ,when it is a time of celebration

Fully agree was going to post similar myself. Why the need to be negitive at the moment is beyond me.

(05-05-2017, 07:05 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: "I know you are too Britain kinky With youngsters"

Hang on a minute Buff,  do you have any proof?

Have to laugh myself at that Jamie Kirky. RB Defoe not kinky

Sportsound on Friday wound me up, don't know why I should know what to expect.
There was a short piece with Ketts and Roy, and then the studio pundits spent the next 5mins deliberating how County could possibly beat Celtic, with all their millions, and why on earth Rangers were so far behind.
They said the development league is basically tippy-tappy rubbish and the reserve league should be brought back
The parting comment was that Celtic had 10 of their U20 players out on loan.
Absolutely zero research on the County team, one which has had main striker Greg Morrison out injured, and with three other main players out on loan - Ross MacIver (Wick), David Brownlie (Elgin) and Boomer McLaughlin (Forfar).

For those that missed it here is the STV piece with Ketts, 23mins in. 

http://player.stv.tv/episode/3haf/stv-ne...y-6-00-pm/

(05-06-2017, 12:55 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Fully agree was going to post similar myself. Why the need to be negitive at the moment is beyond me.

Nothing to do with being negative, it is just being realistic, and also shows that Ketts pulls no punches.

If more people made the effort to go to the games, you would find he is very willing to take the time to chat and give an honest assessment.

(05-08-2017, 10:22 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Nothing to do with being negative, it is just being realistic, and also shows that Ketts pulls no punches.

If more people made the effort to go to the games, you would find he is very willing to take the time to chat and give an honest assessment.

Negative vs Realistic.  There is still a time and place to be realistic and don't think you got that right.  Just my thoughts.

Someone at the game today has just pointed out that the Scotland U20 squad was published three days ago for the Toulon tournament in France.

Not one member of the County squad has made it in.

(05-20-2017, 02:21 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Someone at the game today has just pointed out that the Scotland U20 squad was published three days ago for the Toulon tournament in France.

Not one member of the County squad has made it in.

I saw that, thought it's a fine juxtaposition between people calling for the spine of the Scotland senior team to be made up from Celtic, since they're champions, yet there's not a single player from the underdog u20 champs in the Scotland u20 squad.... What central belt bias??

(05-20-2017, 02:44 PM)Rocco Wrote: I saw that, thought it's a fine juxtaposition between people calling for the spine of the Scotland senior team to be made up from Celtic, since they're champions, yet there's not a single player from the underdog u20 champs in the Scotland u20 squad.... What central belt bias??

Scottish football is run by Celtic. So don't expect the remotest  sign of. recognition for a Highland teams  players or management ,  and as For Dundee and  Mcann  !! Don't get me started , remember if that was us, in ICT position. Same thing would have happened. You only have to recall refereeing. Decisions. Against boys Highland clubs  through out previous  seasons  !!! One less road travel !!! ,
Well that's ICT gone and it will be of no surprise ,if administration is next

(05-20-2017, 04:59 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Well that's ICT gone and it will be of no surprise ,if administration is next

Is there much debt there?  I thought the problem was that they have no money and have been living within their means.

From P&J:

"Ross County have signed youngsters Max Ashmore, Kyle Johnson and Nathan Turner on one-year contracts. Midfielder Ashmore, 19, has joined following his release by Rangers, where he captained the Ibrox club’s under-20s team. Former Falkirk defender Johnson, 19, and former Bury attacker Turner, 18, have signed after being released by their clubs. All three will start with Stuart Kettlewell’s under-20s side, which won the Development League last season".

And also in case you missed it from earlier this week:

"Ross County Football Club are delighted to have this week signed five of our under 17s squad on two-year professional contracts. The contracts will see the BEN JOHNSTONE (16, Defender), TOM KELLY (16, Defender), JACK MURRAY (16, Midfielder), MARK GALLAGHER (16, Midfielder) and JOEL MACBEATH (16, Forward) commence full-time training with the club’s Development Squad at the end of the month.

Johnstone, Murray (from Inverness), Kelly (from the Black Isle), Gallagher and MacBeath (from Elgin) have all been at the club since the age of eight. All five will continue their education at Dingwall Academy alongside training full-time with the Ross County Development Squad"
http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...ss-county/

Saw this posted on P&B and it sums up the harsh world of youth football very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1OeCybs56Y

It is something County have looked at, picking up one player already who was deemed not good enough for another side.

Just echos comments made by our own youth manager, only a select couple will be close to actually 'making it'.

Not sure if anyone knows but our u20's are currently 2-0 up at home to Forfar Athletic.

Billy McKay 25mins & Ross Maciver 27mins.

2:1 final result. Great performance, 2 good goals, hit the woodwork twice and forced a few good saves too. Forfar scored in the last few minutes from a free kick, about their only decent chance. A really strong performance, especially given that must be about Forfar's 7th game of the season, and (presumably) our first. Bodes well for defense of the title.

Greg Morrison the standout for me. We could draw teams from Wales, NI or RoI in the next round, or even the ICT full team. :-)

--
Ross County Graphics - remember when Cantona played for us!

(08-15-2017, 10:31 PM)Garve Wrote: 2:1 final result. Great performance, 2 good goals, hit the woodwork twice and forced a few good saves too. Forfar scored in the last few minutes from a free kick, about their only decent chance. A really strong performance, especially given that must be about Forfar's 7th game of the season, and (presumably) our first. Bodes well for defense of the title.

Greg Morrison the standout for me. We could draw teams from Wales, NI or RoI in the next round, or even the ICT full team. :-)

--

Great game to watch - two cracking goals and great to see the young guns playing with confidence - Kett's is doing a great job with the U20's....

Thought Russell Dingwall played really well - great range of passing and some cracking balls into space for the attackers to run onto.....promising!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Great result for a u20 team to put out a league 1 team, but has been bumped down the order by the BBC, who headlined their story about the challenge cup with Alloa beating Celtic u20 and followed by Hearts u20 beating Formartine?

I think it was Annan rather than Alloa and, to be fair, that was some result for them.

Lack of acknowledgment for us is surely just recognition that, as one of the big clubs in Scotland, and as current Dev League Champions, our victory was no more than everyone expected. Or maybe not.

(08-16-2017, 11:23 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Great game to watch - two cracking goals and great to see the young guns playing with confidence - Kett's is doing a great job with the U20's....

Thought Russell Dingwall played really well - great range of passing and some cracking balls into space for the attackers to run onto.....promising!

Where is Greg Morrison -------Elgin  my o my. who is  next Russell,   Blair.note  Wee  Maciver has gone. 
Of course room has to be made for JM and Dodds. Choice they are fully in charge ,

Greg Morrisons at Caley now!

(Yesterday, 10:14 PM)Despot Wrote: Greg Morrisons at Caley now!

Despot I wish Greg well,  hope he grows into a  Striker who puts himself about ,thanks for telling me that.  I was  told it was Elgin, but playing in championship is far better than Elgin. I'm not against Boys going to championship teams. Its hard going there  , they have to be up for it ,if that is the route. We take,at least youth is getting fair go to make it in football !! No Elgin No Brora.  No Wick  if it has to be ICT.  they are in gives the youth a fighting chance , 
Yes I get quite attached to the youth players striving to catch our managers eye and yes I'm sad when nothing happens ,now if we were running teams into ground scoring for fun first team players on a high ,phew I long to  see that i really  do .
ThankmyounDespot