Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Development Squad 2016/2017
So felt we could do with a new thread for the coming season's "GET THE YOUTH ON" aka as the Develpoment Squad Thread.

Starting off with this, rather interesting post in County's Facebook page

Quote:We are delighted to announce that Richie Brittain, David Kirkwood, Joe Malin and Paul Quinn will join the youth development structure for season 2016/2017.

Talking about the appointments, Head of Youth, Steven Ferguson, said: "We were looking to build on the good work that was done last year within our youth set up and being able to bring in this sort of calibre is certainly a huge bonus for everyone involved.

"Richie, David, Joe and Paul all have the experience of what it takes to play professional football, have the qualifications, a great passion for developing young players and a strong connection with Ross County Football Club," added Ferguson. "These are four things I feel are very important for what we are trying to achieve.

"I have no doubt that our young players are going to benefit greatly moving forward which will give them the best possible chance to maximise their potential."

Great to see Kirkwood back in with the setup imo and the addition of Ritchie and Mailin is interesting. I would imagine Quinn is there to ease the transition from Development team to senior team.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

Good start, won 1-2 at Hamilton this afternoon, no other details yet..

^scorers were MacIver and Morrison
Team:  McCarey, Fraser (great to see him back), McLaughlin, Sam Morrison, Brownlie, McShane, Tumilty, Dingwall, Greg Morrison, Maciver, Malcolm.

Next game for us - home v Killie next Tuesday 30th 2pm (not 7pm as originally stated). All the fixtures are here http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/dev-fixtures/

Development team are playing against the Invergordon North Caley team tonight at the back of the HFA.
They never came North of Culloden

Three wins on the bounce now after tonight's 2-0 win over St Johnstone.

Marcus Fraser and Ross MacIver with the goals.

Dunfermline at home next.

(09-06-2016, 10:26 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Three wins on the bounce now after tonight's 2-0 win over St Johnstone.

Marcus Fraser and Ross MacIver with the goals.

Dunfermline at home next.

I found a StJ match report on the match here.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news...ounty-u20s?

Saints headed into Tuesday’s clash with Ross County looking to build on their excellent 1-1 draw with Celtic in Greenock last week by going one better and getting a win. Saints brought in Keith Watson and Ally Gilchrist who both returned from injury, as well as new signing Joe Gormley who would be looking to make an immediate impact.

Ross County kicked off shooting into the Ormond Stand, but it was Saints who fashioned the first chance as Watson saw his effort from a McLaren corner parried behind.

On 17 minutes Ian McShane fed through Dingwall who weaved his way into the box, but couldn’t find the target as he struck into the side netting from 12 yards out. 0-0.

McKenzie was tested on 26 minutes as Dylan Dykes found space outside the box and rifled his shot towards the bottom left corner, but the Saints stopper matched the effort.

McShane then curled a free kick at goal for McKenzie to tip behind via the post, and from the resulting corner Sam Morrison headed wide from close range.

Dingwall then tried his luck again from the edge of the box, but couldn’t find the target. Saints were handling the County pressure comfortably.

Danny Jardine came close for Saints after some good goalmouth play, but the winger curled his shot just wide.
And Greg Morrison mustered up the final attack of the half, but McKenzie did well to block from close range. Half time, St Johnstone 0-0 Ross County.

Saints made one change at half time, bringing on Greg Page for Ally Gilchrist.
Saints second switch came on 55 minutes as Keith Watson limped off for Cameron Lumsden.
County brought the second half to life through Dylan Dykes as the youngster crashed his effort of the crossbar from the edge of the area.

Saints’ last switch saw Joe Johnson replace debutant Joe Gormley as Saints looked to open the scoring.
But it was County who found the net through Marcus Fraser, as the defender headed home a corner after finding space in the box. 0-1.

Ross County then brought on Ross MacIver for Davis Keillor-Dunn as theyu looked to hold onto their lead.
And the substitute made an instant impact as he slotted in a close range effort for the visitors. 0-2.
Saints were beginning to find their way back into the match, and Eoghan McCawl was unlucky to see his effort deflected wide, as was George Hunter to see his header from the resulting corner saved.
Ross County’s second and third switches saw Blair Malcolm come on for Russell Dingwall and Tom MacLennan replace Dylan Dykes.

Saints pushed for a way back into the match but it finished at that. Full time, St Johnstone 0-2 Ross County.

St Johnstone: McKenzie, Comrie, Thomson, McCawl, Watson (Lumsden, 55), Gilchrist (Page, 46), McLaren, Jardine, Gormley (Johnson, 64), Hunter, Simpson. Unused subs: Sinclair, McCann, Docherty, Polson.

[i]Ross County: Foden, Fraser, McLaughlin, Morrison, Brownlie, McShane, Tumilty, Dykes (MacLennan, 85), Morrison, Dingwall (Malcolm, 85), Keillor-Dunn (MacIver, 70). Unused subs: Munro, Hall, Wallace.Goals: Fraser (68), MacIver (73)[/i]
Referee: Clark Man of the Match: Eoghan McCawl
Match report by Ross Gardiner.

6pm kick off in Dingwall tonight v Dunfermline, here's the team. Maybe someone there could keep us posted.

[Image: CsPz0qwWYAAMK_p.jpg]

Lost 2-4 according to twitter, so it must be true.
Chow and a Dykes pen, Dykes also missed a pen.

Well done lads.
Beat Celtic 0-1 away. Morrison with the goal.
1st time Celtic have lost since May 2015!!!

Here's a match report.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/11305

Superb, well done lads. Team is clicking this year. Wish I was at home as would attend these games too.

Brilliant, well done the Dev squad and Ketts.
In the space of 3 days we've taken a point at our first ever trip to Ibrox and now beat a formidable Celtic Dev team.

I was gurning about our performance at Ibrox, but Jeez time for a reality check. Incredible what our club has achieved over the past few seasons.

Enjoy!

(09-19-2016, 09:09 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Brilliant, well done the Dev squad and Ketts.
In the space of 3 days we've taken a point at our first ever trip to Ibrox and now beat a formidable Celtic Dev team.

I was gurning about our performance at Ibrox, but Jeez time for a reality check. Incredible what our club has achieved over the past few seasons.

Enjoy!

Smile Smile THIS ^^^^^^^^ SmileSmile

(09-19-2016, 09:09 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Brilliant, well done the Dev squad and Ketts.

Enjoy!

Great post Stuart, well said.

At home v Partick Thistle tomorrow Tuesday 4th, 6pm. 
Great start to the season and currently 2nd in table

Enjoyable game and good crowd last night, won 4-2 and back to top of league.
Important game time for Dow (hat-trick), Chow, McShane and Tony.

(10-05-2016, 11:22 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Enjoyable game and good crowd last night, won 4-2 and back to top of league.
Important game time for Dow (hat-trick), Chow, McShane and Tony.

How did Chow look?  I have to say I'm a bit concerned at his lack of impact so far.

I maybe being harsh, maybe players have knocks or are not fully fit, or are given specific instructions to follow in these games (Jim and Billy watching on). But I wouldn't say Chow was a standout, which you would think he would be against a young Thistle dev side. But wtf do I know.

Tony was in the thick of everything, and Dow took his goals well, could have had more.

Looks encouraging for Dow, where was he playing? Hopefully see him starting soon!

(10-05-2016, 05:33 PM)Rocco Wrote: Looks encouraging for Dow, where was he playing? Hopefully see him starting soon!

Given the limited options we have up front, I'd say that's already a given!!