Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jackson Irvine
Congratulations to Jackson Irvine for winning player of the month for March 2016  Smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35964135

Seen that Today as well. Well done indeed Smile

All the seethe this is producing on social media is glorious ..
How can he win when county have lost 11 goals in their last 3 league games blah blah blah etc etc etc etc...
Well done Jackson,in my eyes well deserved ,

About time he got recognised - fantastic player and we really miss him when he's out of our side!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Must confess I'm a bit bemused by this.  Don't get me wrong, I think Jackson's great, but was he really the best player in the league during March?

Our results last month:

Kilmarnock 0 - 2 Ross County
I was at this.  The whole team played very well.  Don't remember Jackson standing out from the rest.

Ross County 2 - 3 Dundee Utd
Wasn't at this.  Can't imagine many of our team came out with much credit?

Hibernian 1 - 2 Ross County
Jackson was immense and was rightly man of the match.  It wasn't a Premiership game, however.  Do cup performances count towards the award?

St Johnstone 1 - 1 Ross County
Wasn't there so can't comment.

Ross County 0 - 3 ICT
Was probably our best player until Vigurs took him out.  Subbed at half time, so not sure that counts much towards an award like this.

So I can understand why opposition fans/players might feel aggrieved.  He's been consistently excellent over the course of the season, however, so I wouldn't begrudge him the award at all.

It's a pretty ridiculous award at the best of times.

I think out of our team, he's the player most talked about by pundits, opposing fans etc - so possibly a combination of that, and the fact we won the League cup has had an influence.

I'm a huge fan of Jackson and without him we're definitely not the same team.

Having said that though I agree with Forfinn that March hasn't necessarily been his best month.

Probably the cup final in front of a big crowd and a big TV audience swayed the vote.

I wish he was playing on Saturday - has anyone heard, is there any chance?

(04-05-2016, 12:17 PM)It Wrote: I'm a huge fan of Jackson and without him we're definitely not the same team.

Having said that though I agree with Forfinn that March hasn't necessarily been his best month.

Probably the cup final in front of a big crowd and a big TV audience swayed the vote.

I wish he was playing on Saturday - has anyone heard, is there any chance?

Not sure - although the picture of him with his award looked like he was out the back of the stadium in his training kit, so you never know....I'm also hopeful that maybe the wee bulldog Craig Curran may return even if it's off the bench, it would be a massive boost!

On hindsight, I'm just so gutted about last Saturday's collapse - that was our big chance Sad

(04-05-2016, 01:53 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: On hindsight, I'm just so gutted about last Saturday's collapse - that was our big chance Sad

Likewise. Massive game, blew it. A draw would have been decent and it would have been in our own hands this Saturday. We should have been more careful and played an extra man in midfield.
The Terrace podcast is pretty damning of our setup and how it didn't work without Irvine. Fast forward to 16.45
http://terracepodcast.net/show-the-bald-mens-club/

(04-05-2016, 02:17 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Likewise. Massive game, blew it. A draw would have been decent and it would have been in our own hands this Saturday. We should have been more careful and played an extra man in midfield.
The Terrace podcast is pretty damning of our setup and how it didn't work without Irvine. Fast forward to 16.45
http://terracepodcast.net/show-the-bald-mens-club/

Can't argue with their summary - pretty much what a lot of us having been saying most of the season regarding our midfield Sad

Just came on for Australia against England.

83 minute sub get in tae them Jacko

The gold jersey really brings out his man bun

In the last week or so Jackson has been connected with a myriad of English Championship and League 1 clubs. This is the one possible transfer away from the club I'm worried about. He's only got a year left on his contract, has been great for us, and played for Australia against England last week. I'm not surprised other teams are looking at him.

I hope he signs an extension to his deal with a view to moving on to even bigger things next summer for a fee (a la Boyce) and I'm sure the club will have offered something. If he's not prepared to do that, then as much as it pains me to say it, we should be cashing in now.

(06-07-2016, 04:12 PM)Forfinn Wrote: In the last week or so Jackson has been connected with a myriad of English Championship and League 1 clubs.  This is the one possible transfer away from the club I'm worried about.  He's only got a year left on his contract, has been great for us, and played for Australia against England last week.  I'm not surprised other teams are looking at him.

I hope he signs an extension to his deal with a view to moving on to even bigger things next summer for a fee (a la Boyce) and I'm sure the club will have offered something.  If he's not prepared to do that, then as much as it pains me to say it, we should be cashing in now.

Couldn't agree more, I certainly don't want to see him leave so we should offer him an extended deal on better terms, or cash in now if he won't sign.

Please sign up Jackson Cool

Shocked that we managed to get him to sign last summer would be equally surprised if he is still here at start of season.

We have to be realistic much as I would like him to stay take the money now and hope to find an adequate replacement.

Good luck to the guy
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Nigel Clough at Burton Albion the latest to be linked to oor Jackson.

Offer him improved terms but if he refuses a bidding war would be interesting.

Confirmation in today's P&J that we've rejected an offer from Burton Albion. Well done Roy!

Let the horse trading begin, this could be a long summer :-(