Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scottish League Cup Final 2016
Guys

Surprised  the thread has not started.
So, here we go.
Here we go, here we go, here we go, sorry had to add that bit.

Seriously, lets drum up the support, try and get as many supporters as possible along to back up the team.
No doubt Hibs will fancy their chances, when a team are playing like Hibs , it no doubt encourages more of them to appear at the final, they will take a good support as it is essentially just along the road for the majority of them.

Get along and back the County.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Yep I will be making this for sure. Going to get as much of my family along as well. I think I have convinced a couple of work mates over here in Ireland to come as well.

Anyone know how many we had at the Semi Final, looked a lot more than was first dooms day predictions.

(02-03-2016, 11:46 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: Yep I will be making this for sure.  Going to get as much of my family along as well.  I think I have convinced a couple of work mates over here in Ireland to come as well.

Anyone know how many we had at the Semi Final, looked a lot more than was first dooms day predictions.

I've heard figures of 3000 quoted. I'm guessing 5x that(yes, 15,000) for the final. Maybe more judging by the people who are telling me they're going  Big Grin 

20,000 anyone?????

Expecting a decent home crowd this Saturday too!!!!

(02-03-2016, 12:02 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I've heard figures of 3000 quoted. I'm guessing 5x that(yes, 15,000) for the final. Maybe more judging by the people who are telling me they're going  Big Grin 

20,000 anyone?????

Expecting a decent home crowd this Saturday too!!!!

Yep, get as many family member as possible along, we will take Granny's Granda's, Aunties, Uncles.
The more we take the better.
15,000, would be a brilliant achievement.
If Hibs were just playing away ok, suspect they would take, 15 to 20 k, however, they will be fancying their chances an possibly looking at more.
As long as we get a good crowd in the West Stand?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

I can't imagine the crowd was much more than 2,000. Maybe 2,300 at a push.

I'd be delighted if we get 15,000 there for the final.

I think there was probably around the 2,300 at the semi - I'd hope we'd take a lot more to the final, but again it's on a Sunday (why?? crazy...??)

Hibs will take a large support to Hampden - would imagine close to 30,000+ ? No reason why we can't take a decent support!

Club has to promote this to death and get the interest going - various RC Twitter and Facebook accounts will be promoting this heavily - so it's important everyone drums (boom boom) up as much support as we can to shout the boys onto lifting the cup - Hibs will be a tough opponent.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I have various group Facebook messages around friends and family trying to geer them up. It is working so far.

Lets make it a "bring a somebody day", that somebody can be up to you!!!

I'm hopefully bringing someone extra - my boyfriend has agreed to attend his first County match. I think it'd be a good luck charm, since our first date was after the Hibs cup game in 2010. Big Grin Already starting to round up the friends and family as well.

Are we going to have a cup final song?? If we are can we please use Three little birds, who doesn't know the lyrics. Last cup final song was rank and know one knew the words.
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

(02-03-2016, 10:53 PM)Gordie the staggie Wrote: Are we going to have a cup final song?? If we are can we please use Three little birds, who doesn't know the lyrics. Last cup final song was rank and know one knew the words.

Well I heard the 2010 cup final song being sung on Sunday so someone obviously knew the words

Gordie, god post.
Hi Ho Silver lining by Jeff Beck, nice and catchy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzsvWbgMaUA
Immoral Cow Den Bender

(02-04-2016, 12:35 AM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Well I heard the 2010 cup final song being sung on Sunday so someone obviously knew the words

Aye, but it took them over 5years to learn them!!  Tongue

(02-03-2016, 10:46 PM)Doe Wrote: I'm hopefully bringing someone extra - my boyfriend has agreed to attend his first County match.  I think it'd be a good luck charm, since our first date was after the Hibs cup game in 2010. Big Grin   Already starting to round up the friends and family as well.

I have the same deal with my wife.  She has never been to a game (ever) and said she would go to one, so guess what dear, this is the one you are going to.  Failing that don't see myself going to the cinema much in the future!!!!!

I'll be there.

Jackson Irvine mentioned in the Ross County TV interview that he plays guitar. Roy MacGregor and Jackson Irvine duet for a cup final song pls.

(02-04-2016, 11:20 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: I have the same deal with my wife.  She has never been to a game (ever) and said she would go to one, so guess what dear, this is the one you are going to.  Failing that don't see myself going to the cinema much in the future!!!!!

Aye, my mum got dragged to the last cup final under similar circumstances.  She's got quite into County in the last season or so though (gets to more games than I do nowadays), but she is convinced that her presence jinxed that game, so she's got a dilemma of deciding whether or not to go to Hampden!

Can't really use our last cup final song since the original was by a pair of noted Hibs fans!  Did I hear the Jailender Song being played at the semi though?

I think the initial ticket allocation is 7k and 25k - I would hope we'd take more than 7000, so hopefully they'll hand over more without any fuss.

(02-04-2016, 05:42 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Jackson Irvine mentioned in the Ross County TV interview that he plays guitar. Roy MacGregor and Jackson Irvine duet for a cup final song pls.

Waltzing Matilda!

Great version by Bachelor Girl, Tania Doko.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

I heard this morning that it's £25 for adults, £10 for juveniles.

Initially us and hibs are to be allocated 7,000/25,000 tickets.

As with the Semi final, we are to be allocated the South and West stands.

Hopefully we can get a few more than 7000. I suppose we need to get them snapped up quickly.

How do I go about getting a few seats on supporters bus? Would be first time in many years getting the bus! Do I book at time of getting match tickets?

Cheers