Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Singing Section Appreciation Thread
We really need our singing section to lift our crowd/team and think some encouragement wouldn't do any harm.

The guy's and girl's have been quite sedate in recent weeks and the look I received from a couple of their ranks when I tried to encourage them to make some noise.........I think they possibly misinterpreted my message/meaning.

This suggested they were as p'd off as me with how we were playing so I can relate/understand!!

I'm creating this post with the intention of being constructive/encouraging to the singing section.

If that is not what you want then please don't post here, create your own ante singing section post and moan till your hearts content!!

C'mon singing section...........Your County Needs You!!!!!

(01-18-2016, 02:50 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: We really need our singing section to lift our crowd/team and think some encouragement wouldn't do any harm.

The guy's and girl's have been quite sedate in recent weeks and the look I received from a couple of their ranks when I tried to encourage them to make some noise.........I think they possibly misinterpreted my message/meaning.

This suggested they were as p'd off as me with how we were playing so I can relate/understand!!

I'm creating this post with the intention of being constructive/encouraging to the singing section.

If that is not what you want then please don't post here, create your own ante singing section post and moan till your hearts content!!

C'mon singing section...........Your County Needs You!!!!!

Must admit I felt like a lone drummer yesterday - we did have a few songs going, but there wasn't an awful lot to sing about and as Jim McIntyre said himself "the team has a responsibility to give the fans something to sing about" so it's a two way process.

We did have a bit of banter with the Aberdeen fans yesterday when we were both singing the same song, and we also retaliated with the "one Ricky Foster, there's only one....." etc when they were berating Ricky.

Crowd was lot smaller yesterday due to weather and the game being on Sky,  a few missing from the Singing Section yesterday - but I think once we get a full contingent back we'll be back to our usual self - thanks for the appreciation and encouragement - the manager and team want the stadium to be an intimidating place to come to - so it's important that we try our best to provide that.

MON THE STAGGIES!   Shy
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Somebody needs to take the sticks away from that oaf they call a drummer, just hits the damn drum as hard as he can at random times and plays tunes with no song the majority of the time, won't get anybody signing with you as you're pissing off 90% of the crowd.

(01-18-2016, 07:23 PM)DingwallStaggieBoy Wrote: Somebody needs to take the sticks away from that oaf they call a drummer, just hits the damn drum as hard as he can at random times and plays tunes with no song the majority of the time, won't get anybody signing with you as you're pissing off  90% of the crowd.

I love people who claim to speak for 90% of the crowd. Let the crowd speak for themselves. I love the drummer, appreciate what the singing section are trying to do and am not in the least pissed off by it. Of course I'm just speaking for myself.

With one solitary post I suspect a troll incursion from DingwallStaggieBoy who may have different allegiances to Staggie fans.

Drummer is just grand thank you very much, the section adds something to the mix very game, just a shame its ranks haven't swollen more as the season has gone on.

You do a great job in a reserved society lads and lassies so keep up the good work!

Big Grin
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Standard. 

Someone has the guts and effort to bring the drum and try to get the crowd going, so some 'nasty man' shoots it down. 

"Wheeeey!!!! You're [censored]!!!! Hahahhaa! Drummin [censored]!!!".  

Quality constructive stuff that enormously improves the atmosphere in the ground for fans and players alike.

(01-18-2016, 09:06 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Standard. 

Someone has the guts and effort to bring the drum and try to get the crowd going, so some wee gimp shoots it down. 

"Wheeeey!!!! You're [censored]!!!! Hahahhaa! Drummin [censored]!!!".  

Quality constructive stuff that enormously improves the atmosphere in the ground for fans and players alike.

The atmosphere is the stadium is drastic compared to what it used to be, didn't have a drum in the jail end when it was bouncing if I'm remembering correctly.

(01-18-2016, 07:23 PM)DingwallStaggieBoy Wrote: Somebody needs to take the sticks away from that oaf they call a drummer, just hits the damn drum as hard as he can at random times and plays tunes with no song the majority of the time, won't get anybody signing with you as you're pissing off  90% of the crowd.

Wow!
What side of the bed did you get out of today, Monday morning blues by any chance?
Hopefully Kenny will not rise to your bait!
If memory serves me, Kenny played the drums in years past, hopefully he will confirm.
He is not the only that hits the drum, there are other willing candidates.
Thank you Kenny and the singing section for putting some life into the Global Stadium, you guys are brilliant, keep up the good work.

(01-18-2016, 09:16 PM)DingwallStaggieBoy Wrote: The atmosphere is the stadium is drastic compared to what it used to be, didn't have a drum in the jail end when it was bouncing if I'm remembering correctly.

Correct, but when it was bouncing we had lots of people in it. Seating killed that, the atmosphere left long before the drum arrived. The drum and singing section etc. has brought it back a bit, sadly nowhere near where it used to be but at least they're trying.

Of course, the other reason it was bouncing was the fact we were top of the league and on an unbelievable run. I don't particularly remember it bouncing the season before that...
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Nice one. C u next Tuesday.

(01-18-2016, 09:16 PM)DingwallStaggieBoy Wrote: The atmosphere is the stadium is drastic compared to what it used to be, didn't have a drum in the jail end when it was bouncing if I'm remembering correctly.

Its drastic compared to when we had terracing, during big games, where we were doing well.

Compared to when we had terracing and werent winning, its probably the same or better. 

Compared to when we had seats and werent winning, its better.

Compared to when we had seats, were in decent form, but didnt have a singing section, its better.

So outwith the glory times, its either the same or better having lads like the drummer(s) make the effort in the singing section.

We need a better standard of troll.

This season is 'the glory days'. It ain't gonna get any better than this!

If it isn't constructive start your own post, or even better, post on your own teams thread  Confused

Do we really need another thread on this?

Also bit of a myth we had a good atmosphere before the seating. The Jailend did have some glory days, but to suggest it was a cauldron of noise on a constant basis is laughable.

(01-18-2016, 10:44 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Do we really need another thread on this?

Also bit of a myth we had a good atmosphere before the seating. The Jailend did have some glory days, but to suggest it was a cauldron of noise on a constant basis is laughable.

I thought that b4 posting it but decided it wouldn't do any harm to try and encourage an improved atmosphere at games!!!!

You of course were free to ignore the post but obviously you've chosen not to, so welcome and thanks for your input!!! Shy

(01-18-2016, 10:44 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Do we really need another thread on this?

Absolutely true.  I remember a big article in the North Star when Bobby Wilson was manager, bemoaning the crap atmosphere and saying there was only ever noise at a goal.

C'mon girls and boys. This is an exciting time to be a Staggie. Going well in two cups and we'll be in fourth place on Saturday evening. Support the team. Give peace a chance

(01-18-2016, 11:59 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Absolutely true.  I remember a big article in the North Star when Bobby Wilson was manager, bemoaning the crap atmosphere and saying there was only ever noise at a goal.

I remember the times long, before Bobby Wilson. (and Jessie)
As young Jailender's ( we weren't really called Jailender's then).
We used to stand dead centre, right behind the goals, and yes we did make some noise. (Buff confirm please)
Opposition teams used to hate it, we were shouting and screaming at them, and encouraging our own Ross County boys.
Of course we were all standing, and it was easy to join in at the sides or at the rear, more the merrier.
There was no strange looks from fellow supporters for supporting your team, far too much PC brigade on the go these days. I sense a reluctance on the part of some supporters to get involved in the singing section.
No shame in standing up , singing and supporting your team.
Celtic , Aberdeen, seem to do it successfully when they visit, they mostly sing their team on, at the same time berate the opposition and howl for every decision, all part of the game, ( ok we don't want the nasty side of their  support).
Why can't we do it?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

There is some seriously good stuff happening in the singing section and we have attempted to keep the songs abuse free - for example this wee ditty written by the Central Staggies to the tune of "Shout" by Tears for Fears

Schalk, Schalk
Let him run out
He'll score the goals we can't do without
Cmon
I'm talking to you
Cmon

A lot of the singers missing on Sunday so that'll be why it was quiet - but we did attempt to back Ricky when he was getting berated and did have some banter when Dons fans sung "Everywhere we go...." by adding our own version:

Everywhere we go
Everywhere we go
It's the County boys
Making all the noise
Everywhere we go

The best songs I've found are the simple ones, easier for everyone to latch onto - there are still some in the section who don't sing even although they are in the singing section - so it's not just the Jail End, West Stand, and East Stand - we are struggling to get some in our own Singing Section to sing - but a lot has to do with what is happening on the pitch, if their is excitement - we are more noisy, goes hand in hand.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement, we'll keep it going at home and away as best we can :0)
Supporter Liaison Officer