Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County vs Celtic - Scottish League Cup semi-final - Sun 31 Jan
There's only 17 days left until one of the biggest games in our history so I thought I'd make a dedicated thread to help build the excitement.  I know there's a been a 'League Cup' thread for the tournament so far, but this is such a big event it surely merits its own.

Does anyone have an indication of how many tickets have been sold?  Word is more than half of the 20 free buses are full, but that doesn't necessarily give us much of a clue to the total number.  Roy said it would be good to get around 6,000 fans and that's surely do-able for us.

I've been trying to think how this game ranks in our 'most important games of all time' list.  It's only our second major semi-final, and as a standalone game I'm going to rank it third behind the 2010 Scottish Cup final and semi-final.  What do others think?

Arguably, we've had games that could be viewed as more significant in retrospect (the Scottish Cup victory against Forfar in 1994, for example, that helped us secure admission to the senior leagues), but I'm talking about the games themselves, not what they eventually represented.

So have you got your ticket yet?  Are you in the singing section?  Are you getting one of the supporters buses or making a weekend of it?

And if you don't have your ticket yet, here's all the information you need.  And don't forget there's free buses for those coming down from the Highlands.

I heard on Tuesday the number of tickets sold so far was around 1k.... that's fairly poor but given money in January is usually tight for most, I'd imagine a rush closer to the end of the month once people get paid.

I for one have not got my ticket yet for this reason....

I'll be getting a few tomorrow for the singing section.

(01-14-2016, 04:40 PM)ELincognito Wrote: I heard on Tuesday the number of tickets sold so far was around 1k.... that's fairly poor but given money in January is usually tight for most, I'd imagine a rush closer to the end of the month once people get paid.

I for one have not got my ticket yet for this reason....

When do you get paid?  In my experience, a monthly payday tends to come on either the last Friday of the month or the last working day of the month.  Both of those are Friday 29 January, so anyone who waits until then will be cutting it fine!

(01-14-2016, 05:34 PM)Forfinn Wrote: When do you get paid?  In my experience, a monthly payday tends to come on either the last Friday of the month or the last working day of the month.  Both of those are Friday 29 January, so anyone who waits until then will be cutting it fine!

I get paid 25th of every month... will be getting 4 or 5 tix then....

Got mine or should say a friend has mine, providing the travel plans work out and we all meet up as per one of plans B C & D (Virgin West Coast Line Closed) see you all at the match. Bloody long way from Dorset to Brum & onwards by bus but at least theres no Drumochter Pass to deal with and can have a wee bevy before & after to celebrate.

Making a weekend of it so let me know if there are any plans for meeting up before the game in Glasgow (or on the Saturday night).
Haven't got tickets yet, no idea how sales are going.

(01-14-2016, 05:48 PM)ELincognito Wrote: I get paid 25th of every month... will be getting 4 or 5 tix then....

That's reasonable then.  Plenty of time to get your ticket after that.  But you'd better hope they don't sell out...

(they won't).

(01-18-2016, 10:56 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Making a weekend of it so let me know if there are any plans for meeting up before the game in Glasgow (or on the Saturday night).
Haven't got tickets yet, no idea how sales are going.

The Central Staggies will certainly be making a substantial day of it.  Lothianstag and I discussed some ideas at the pub yesterday and tentatively we're looking at late morning at the Counting House for breakfast/lunch, and then maybe the Clockwork out at Hampden pre-match (based on nothing more than that being where I went pre-Scottish Cup semi-final and we won!).  Plenty scope for that to change yet though.  

Post-match I think will depend on how the game goes!

Me and 2 others flying STN to GLS arriving at 10:00. return on 20:30. Probably head to Reardons by Central for a couple of frams of snooker before heading to Hampden.

Will head to Park Bar area after match I would have thought depending on time.

Craig Thomson is the ref  Huh

Any word yet on ticket sales or how many full buses? I see a 3rd bus has been put on for the Easter Ross pick-ups.

Got my ticket, going to stay with family and head through from Edinburgh.

Id like us to go 442 for once against them

Fox
Fraser Quinn Davies Foster 
Murdoch Irvine McShane Gardyne 
Schalk Curran

(01-25-2016, 05:35 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Got my ticket, going to stay with family and head through from Edinburgh.

Fox
Schalk Curran

When did Quinn resign?

(01-25-2016, 05:35 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Got my ticket, going to stay with family and head through from Edinburgh.

Fox
Schalk Curran

Has Quinn signed & will Irvine be ok? if so I quite like the look of that team. 
TBH Id rather go 4141 or 4231 but I think FrankTT may well be right about how we'll set up though possible Gardyne on right to help Fraser (hes gonna need it) and Dingwall on the left. He started to build a good understanding with Foster, also Dingwall & Schalks can combine to overload the Tic RB and cross for Curran & Irvine or cut back or Dingwall can drive into the the box.
Also think Curran and Schalk have the potential to cause chaos & Im looking forward to that but if Tic can get in behind on the wings and drive in crosses like Well did Davies could be in for a long afternoon against Griffiths.
Only other observation I'd make after the Well game is that when our attacks break down and theres no significant pressure on the ball Irvine needs to be a wee bit quicker getting goalside of their midfield. Its only a matter of immediately dropping 10 yards but that few yards is the difference between them having a clear run at our defence with easy options and not.
Wow - 3 visits to Hampden with County in my lifetime, happy days and the reality is we are good enough to win this so lets make it 4. Getting excited now. See you all at the match.

Got tickets at the ground today, the official singing section has now sold out

I wouldn't be too keen on putting Quinn straight in the team alongside Davies and having a brand new centre back pairing against Celtic.

Fox
Schalk Curran

I love the team that you would like to see start but there's one problem Quinn is cup tied even tho he was on the bench for Aberdeen during one of there cup games and did not get on it still counts I am afraid to say

(01-26-2016, 12:12 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I love the team that you would like to see start but there's one problem Quinn is cup tied even tho he was on the bench for Aberdeen during one of there cup games and did not get on it still counts I am afraid to say

Do you have proof to back that statement up?

(01-26-2016, 12:12 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I love the team that you would like to see start but there's one problem Quinn is cup tied even tho he was on the bench for Aberdeen during one of there cup games and did not get on it still counts I am afraid to say

According to today's Press and Journal the Quinn deal is done today and goes straight into the squad for Saturday and I'd clear to play as was UNUSED substitute in the earlier round against Hibs

Not sure I would like Quinn thrown straight in. Has to be Boyd and Davis for me Smile