Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
English Premier League
What do you think of the season so far?

Leicester being second in December says a lot about the quality of the league IMO. The top four race is the most open it's been in years. 

Newcastle and Aston Villa look doomed already, it just shows that money spent doesn't always equal quality. They spent nearly £100 million between them last summer.

(12-04-2015, 07:25 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Newcastle and Aston Villa look doomed already, it just shows that money spent doesn't always equal quality. They spent nearly £100 million between them last summer.

Jeez. I got bored of English football years ago and pay little attention tbh other than watching Motd occasionally.
Different planet from Scottish finances.

Premiership has become very dull watching over time. Stopped watching it about 2-3 years ago.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Totally agree.

With the money in the Premier League, that league should be phenomenal. Seriously, the income these clubs have is mind-blowing, yet there's so many average players and teams in the league. It's quite bizarre.

Not great fixtures this weekend. Stoke vs Man City tomorrow lunchtime is arguably the pick of the games. Stoke have transformed into a really good footballing side and I can see them getting a draw. Aguero is out again for City, his fitness really could determine whether or not they win the league. Arsenal and Manchester Utd should have fairly straight forward home wins against Sunderland and West Ham respectively.

Everton vs Crystal Palace on Monday night could turn out to be the game of the weekend. Two really exciting teams and it should be a good, high scoring game.

Bournemouth beating Chelsea away from home was a great moment.

When you look at both clubs' path during the last 10 years; for Bournemouth to be in the same league as Chelsea and go to Stamford Bridge and win is amazing. Murray's goal really was a special moment.

Another really sloppy performance from Man City. I'm not sure Pellegrini is the right choice as manager, I don't see him as a top manager at all. Playing the waiting game for Guardiola next summer is risky, it looks like City are putting all their eggs in one basket regarding Guardiola. City missed a trick not replacing Pellegrini with Klopp in the summer IMO and they'd be crazy not to consider replacing Pellegrini with Pochettino.

(12-05-2015, 10:34 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Bournemouth beating Chelsea away from home was a great moment.

When you look at both clubs' path during the last 10 years; for Bournemouth to be in the same league as Chelsea and go to Stamford Bridge and win is amazing. Murray's goal really was a special moment.

Another really sloppy performance from Man City. I'm not sure Pellegrini is the right choice as manager, I don't see him as a top manager at all. Playing the waiting game for Guardiola next summer is risky, it looks like City are putting all their eggs in one basket regarding Guardiola. City missed a trick not replacing Pellegrini with Klopp in the summer IMO and they'd be crazy not to consider replacing Pellegrini with Pochettino.

Yup, but for fans of a certain age, it's really coming full circle.

(12-15-2015, 06:17 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Yup, but for fans of a certain age, it's really coming full circle.

And Man U, Bmth are defo entertaininng, same idea as last sasson - put simply, defend as best we can but mainly score more than them. Shame about the injuries, could've been at least 4 points better off by now. How did we lose to Villa absolutly mullered them, keeper had a day from heaven then that draw with Swansea. As I said good entertainment

I think it's inevitable that Mourinho will replace Van Gaal at United now, I reckon it'll even happen before the end of the season. I'm not sure if that's the best move though, they seem a bit similar. The biggest gripe with Van Gaal is his negative football, but will Mourinho be much more attacking? I'm not convinced. I still maintain that Klopp was the perfect United manager, they really should have got him when he was available. 

Another goal for Lukaku - 7 consecutive games now. Hard to believe he's only 22, unbelievable player. 

Fantastic result for Leicester again, a team who are playing the 4-4-2 phenomenally well. Obviously their players are at a much higher level than ours, but given we both play 4-4-2, I thought it'd be interesting to compare some of their strengths to us: 

Good goalkeeper (Schmeichel)? Yes - Fox.

Two solid centre backs (Morgan & Huth)? Yes - Davies & Robertson.

Rock solid centre midfielder who really protects the defence (Kante)? In my opinion, no.

Really good goalscoring winger (Mahrez)? No.

Regular goalscoring striker (Vardy)? Yes - Boyce.

Is a goalscoring winger and a rock solid centre midfielder what we're missing?

No prizes for guessing Watford's manager, Flores, used to be at Atletico Madrid. Watford play very similar to Atletico. The 4-4-2, with a narrow midfield and an enormous workrate. I thought Watford were fantastic yesterday, beating Liverpool 3-0, and Flores got his tactics absolutely spot on.

Next season could be really interesting with a lot of top managers in the league. The Premier League could be looking at Man City (Guardiola), Chelsea (Simeone), Man United (Mourinho), Arsenal (Wenger) and Liverpool (Klopp). Five great managers, among the best in Europe. 

Mesut Ozil is a genius.

I'm not sure if British fans often appreciate real technical ability and vision, they prefer a player with pace and power. But Ozil is just a genius on the ball and a joy to watch.

Liverpool have collapsed. Teams know how to beat them now. They were punching above their weight to be honest anyway. Top 4 would be a bonus.

Leicester are exactly the same. Last season they achieved the unthinkable and shouldn't be too surprised by this season. Of course every team would be wise to them now. They reached the pinnacle. Can't top it now.

English supporters always say "Scottish football is [censored], look how far ahead Celtic are." Look at Chelsea. Running away with it.

(02-06-2017, 11:03 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Leicester are exactly the same. Last season they achieved the unthinkable and shouldn't be too surprised by this season. Of course every team would be wise to them now. They reached the pinnacle. Can't top it now.

Think most of their fans are still quite happy though. Won the league, done brilliantly in the Champions League, still in the FA Cup, and have had a day out at Wembley.

Yeah and they should be. Talk of sacking Ranieri is ridiculous.

Credit to Leicester. Another great achievement the other night. Based on what Leicester are doing, Man city have no excuse going out.