Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
#DonsAwayRetroDay
I was speaking to one of my mates who's a season ticket holder at Pittodrie. When we are playing them on 28 November, Aberdeen are having a retro day which is why it will cost £19.03 for the match. 

Fans are encouraged to wear retro Aberdeen tops. I thought it would be good fun if our support did likewise. It would be a good excuse to dig out those old favourite tops. I have already discussed this with Jailender and a few other Central Staggies who are up for it so we are definitely planning getting involved.

Flat caps and those old fashioned rattle things would be ideal.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I'm not so keen on wearing an old Don's top!!

Tassos Ventis tops.

Just found out there is no cash turnstiles at Pittodrie now. You can buy online or buy on the day at the ticket office where there will be big queues.  You can also call AfC on 01224 631903. A Dons friend decided to attend the Killie game at the last moment but there was long queues and did not bother. Buy early guys.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(11-08-2015, 10:14 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Just found out there is no cash turnstiles at Pittodrie now. You can buy online or buy on the day at the ticket office where there will be big queues.  You can also call AfC on 01224 631903. A Dons friend decided to attend the Killie game at the last moment but there was long queues and did not bother. Buy early guys.

Aberdeen haven't done cash gates for home fans since I lived there in the mid-00s.  However, they were still doing cash gates for Motherwell fans when they visited a fortnight ago and when we visited last season.

(11-09-2015, 12:56 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Aberdeen haven't done cash gates for home fans since I lived there in the mid-00s.  However, they were still doing cash gates for Motherwell fans when they visited a fortnight ago and when we visited last season.

As i said there was no cash gate for the killie game this season. Go onto their website and all the info is there.

(11-09-2015, 03:17 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: As i said there was no cash gate for the killie game this season. Go onto their website and all the info is there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, MAS, but if I've read your posts correctly your friend is an Aberdeen fan so wanted to buy tickets for the home end?  Aberdeen haven't routinely operated cash gates for home fans since at least 2007-08.  However, they still seem to operate them for away fans - as seen when Motherwell visited a fortnight ago, which I linked to in my previous post. I can't comment on arrangements for Kilmarnock fans, but don't think they'd have to pay in advance or go to the ticket office when Motherwell didn't.

The Aberdeen website says: "Please note, there will be NO cash turnstiles in operation."  But there's no mention of away tickets, and as it also said that for the Motherwell game we can assume it's only relevant to home fans.

Anyway, hopefully County will make an arrangement about away tickets in due course.

(11-09-2015, 03:47 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, MAS, but if I've read your posts correctly your friend is an Aberdeen fan so wanted to buy tickets for the home end?  Aberdeen haven't routinely operated cash gates for home fans since at least 2007-08.  However, they still seem to operate them for away fans - as seen when Motherwell visited a fortnight ago, which I linked to in my previous post.  I can't comment on arrangements for Kilmarnock fans, but don't think they'd have to pay in advance or go to the ticket office when Motherwell didn't.

The Aberdeen website says: "Please note, there will be NO cash turnstiles in operation."  But there's no mention of away tickets, and as it also said that for the Motherwell game we can assume it's only relevant to home fans.

Anyway, hopefully County will make an arrangement about away tickets in due course.

Yes my mate is a Dons fan Forfinn. Maybe he thought it was for away fans aswell as home fans. I will call Pittodrie tomorrow and clarify the situation and report back.

(11-09-2015, 08:49 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Yes my mate is a Dons fan Forfinn. Maybe he thought it was for away fans aswell as home fans. I will call Pittodrie tomorrow and clarify the situation and report back.

Called A.F.C. this morning. My mate got it wrong. They will be sending tickets to R.C.F C. You can buy on the day but will cost you £25 instead of £19.03.which is the price for retro day.

Alternatively if anyone is in Aberdeen, you can go into Pittodrie and get your ticket for £19.03.

I had to remind the girl at the desk of their own 'retro day' as she said not many people had purchased tickets to date.

Archie Simpsons for those not on the bus?

(11-24-2015, 10:00 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Archie Simpsons for those not on the bus?

We'll see you there. Should be there about 12:30.

Tickets are available from our club shop at the reduced rate of £19.03

We have a full bus!

Going down to get tickets today, forgot they were cheaper if bought in advance.

JM in P&J saying Boydy deserved his chance to start ahead of Robertson last Saturday, same again on Saturday do you think?
I'm more comfortable with Davies & Robertson to be honest, especially when we are likely to be under spells of extreme pressure.

I'm unclear as to why Boydy got the nod over Robertson against Motherwell, but having said that he didn't do much wrong.

In a perverse twist Boyce was getting a bit of joy with knock downs from Boydy's long floated balls from the back. These are usually fodder for a decent centre half and have me tearing my hair out. But last Saturday every time Boyd was on the ball, Boyce would stick his arm up and the ball would be played up to him, and he won about 50% of them. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Boyds distribution can be particularity honking at times, and that is the difference between him and Robertson in my book. I wouldnt be bothered with either tbh.

Presumably, or better said hopefully, we'll be going with 2 strikers Boyce and Curran. We play so much better when we do more pressing from the front. Look at Liverpool last week against Man City pressing with 3 forwards.

Still irked about the Celtic game. The manager got that one wrong. I don't think there'll ever be a better time to beat Celtic than this season.

We were much better than Aberdeen when we played them in Dingwall so hopefully we'll take the game to them and not sit back too much. Against Motherwell we were almost playing an old fashioned 4-2-4 with Irvine and Woods working hard in midfield. I guess tomorrow we'll be playing with Mitch ( is he fit again?) and Tony as wide midfielders. Franks did OK but far more options going forward with Gardyne. If Tony starts I'm pretty sure De Vita will replace him at some point depending on the score.

It's a good chance to show that we deserve a top 6 place.

Fully agree IOAG two strikers and high tempo from the first min.
I hope Midge is fit for this one, I think we'll need his know how energy and creativity on the right both in defence and attack. Other than than Midge in midfield & the Robertson / Boyd debate same team that beat Motherwell, I'd defo keep Foster in if Dingwall starts as I think he will help and coach TD, they could form a really good partnership.

After what happened at the GES the Sheep will come out dip pen looking to prove something but they must be a bit fragile and short of confidence after their run of results. If we can get in their faces from the off, hold firm and disrupt their play then I can see the game going our way after 15 or 20 mins and a County win 3 - 1 Dingwall Boyce & Gardyne.

We've just got to be bit more streetwise against the break as I think thats their best chance, if they score first then they'll shut up shop and do it again. Just got to drop off quicker when theres no pressure on the ball and not get caught out. A positive agressive approach please attack is the best form of defence if we do I think we'll win but if we start like we did against Celtic and they score who knows.

It was only just over a week ago that Midge was reported as being out for a month so no chance of him making it.

For a month!! Ouch, missed that.