Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
RCFC Vs Aberdeen
Big game for us this Friday night with the visit of Aberdeen - they have had a few shock defeats since beating Celtic, so no doubt they'll have used the international break to regroup and will be coming to Dingwall fired up.

We'll have Davies and probably Woods back for this game, I can't see us changing things too radically - so I'd go with the following - no reason why we can't do what ICT did a couple of weeks ago:

Woods

Fraser
Robertson
Davies
Foster

Gardyne
Woods
Irvine
De Vita

Graham
Boyce

Subs:  Graham,  Franks, Boyd, Murdoch, Shalk, Reckord, (? new emergency loan goalie)

2:1 County Big Grin
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Yup. Happy for you to pass those instructions on to Jim
Soz Jim'n'Billy

I'm not convinced by a front two featuring Graham for this.  Assuming Curran isn't ready to start yet, I'd go:

G.Woods
Fraser Robertson Davies Foster
Franks Irvine M.Woods De Vita
Gardyne
Boyce

Despite being up north, I will annoyingly not be able to make the game, so BT Sport for me.

Prediction: 1:1 draw.  Boyce to score.

I have an Aberdeen supporting mate, can you get away end tickets on the night?

(10-12-2015, 01:29 PM)You have Graham staggie2509 Wrote: Big game for us this Friday night with the visit of Aberdeen - they have had a few shock defeats since beating Celtic, so no doubt they'll have used the international break to regroup and will be coming to Dingwall fired up.

We'll have Davies and probably Woods back for this game, I can't see us changing things too radically - so I'd go with the following - no reason why we can't do what ICT did a couple of weeks ago:

Woods

Fraser
Robertson
Davies
Foster

Gardyne
Woods
Irvine
De Vita

Graham
Boyce

Subs:  Graham,  Franks, Boyd, Murdoch, Shalk, Reckord, (? new emergency loan goalie)

2:1 County Big Grin

You have Graham in the starting line and tye you also have him on subs bench and what is wrong with Tony Dingwall may I ask

It's pretty hard on Murdoch if he does get dropped to the bench in place of Woods, I honestly think Murdoch has been a standout player for us since the Falkirk game

(10-12-2015, 05:48 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: You have Graham in the starting line and tye you also have him on subs bench and what is wrong with Tony Dingwall may I ask

staggie2509 clearly doesn't think much of young Tony if he'd rather go to the effort of cloning Brian Graham before even putting him on the bench!

Kenny, like me, feels that the players he picked are better and are in better form than Tony. Sorry Ross Shire Buffer but when all players are fit and in form for me Tony does not even make it into the match day squad. The only player I would change from Kenny's formation is Murdoch to keep his place and Martin Woods to return to the squad on the bench as I thought Murdoch was man of the Match for us against the Tinks but I can see why Kenny would want Woods back in there after last year's run!

(10-12-2015, 07:27 PM)CulbokieCounty Wrote: Kenny, like me, feels that the players he picked are better and are in better form than Tony. Sorry Ross Shire Buffer but when all players are fit and in form for me Tony does not even make it into the match day squad. The only player I would change from Kenny's formation is Murdoch to keep his place and Martin Woods to return to the squad on the bench as I thought Murdoch was man of the Match for us against the Tinks but I can see why Kenny would want Woods back in there after last year's run!

Bryan Graham is  was and never will be better than Tony Dingwall no ball control cannot run  no positional savvy ,against ICT  if subs had been made 20 minutes earlier we would have salvaged the game ,,now I do thiink Murdoch is Better player than either woods or Graham or Tony matter of fact I will say he will, be in starting line starting line, Murdoch shone against ICT  that is Their Title ICT

That was a test and you passed RSB - I did mean to have Dingwall on the bench in place of Graham - initially was going with five in midfield as per Forfinn, but can't see McIntyre changing things too much.

Having said that, he'll be aware how dangerous Aberdeen will be after that 1:5 thumping by St Johnstone on their own turf - so we may see Woods and Murdoch in a midfield five to smother the game.

If we do go one up top it'll be Boyce and Graham on the bench - against ICT Tony looked the best he has done in some time - simply needs to show that kind of appetite in every match and not look woebegone - can't feel sorry for himself or his career will pass him by.

Not meaning to be hard on the lad - just realistic mate. You have to fight tooth and nail to succeed in life if you want a career in sport - it's a cut-throat business and there are lots of young guys ready to take your job if you are not at it.

Ha Ha Ha! That's your best joke to date Ross Shire Buff! Tony Dingwall is better than Brian Graham! Ha Ha Ha! I don't even need to reply to that one! Ha Ha Ha!

Tbh, I would rather see Schalk, Gardyne, or Dingwall starting ahead of Graham for this game. He's going to win very little in the air against Paul Quinn.

Quinn, IIRC, is at his weakest when a player picks up the ball and runs straight at him (and he has absolutely no pace at all).

Woods

Fraser
Robertson
Davies
Foster

Irvine
Murdoch
Woods

Franks
Boyce
Gardyne

Going 4-4-2 with Graham against a top side in the league like Aberdeen would be a disaster IMO.

(10-12-2015, 11:12 PM)GCulbokieCounty Wrote: Ha Ha Ha! That's your best joke to date Ross Shire Buff! Tony Dingwall is better than Brian Graham! Ha Ha Ha! I don't even need to reply to that one! Ha Ha Ha!

That's your opinion, I'm withRSB on this one. I see far more potential in Tony than in Graham, if he wasn't tall I'm not sure what we'd see in him. I do get annoyed with comments that suggest your opinion is valid and others aren't. Your opinion is no more valid than mine so keep you might want to tone down the Ha, Ha in future, thanks.

(10-13-2015, 12:05 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Woods

Fraser
Robertson
Davies
Foster

Irvine
Murdoch
Woods

Franks
Boyce
Gardyne

Going 4-4-2 with Graham against a top side in the league like Aberdeen would be a disaster IMO.
Got to agree with this team except I would be stuck between Dinwall and Franks for this one.  Aberdeen did not look good with players running against their central defence in any of their last few games.  My preference would be for Dingwall for this one with Franks on the bench.  Def retain Murdoch been outstanding find and I think is going to get better.

It's my opinion Staggie 52. Feel RSB has a pick with Graham and no matter how much the lad try's some people are going to slag him like RSB does. He wants him to fail so that Tony wil get a game! That's not for me. You want whoever is playing to play well. My opinion is that Dingwall gets a free pass because he is local from some fans where if you look at it his performances have been very inconsistent where other players his age aren't. As I said its my opinion but for RSB to say Graham will never be better than Dingwall. Just look at their records in the top flight as relates games played, goals scored so you can see why I am laughing but clearly on here no one is allowed to say anything against Dingwall because he is a local lad. Naughty step for me as clearly Tony is the best ever player we have and I must be blind to it.

(10-13-2015, 06:33 AM)CulbokieCounty Wrote: It's my opinion Staggie 52. Feel RSB has a pick with Graham and no matter how much the lad try's some people are going to slag him like RSB does. He wants him to fail so that Tony wil get a game! That's not for me. You want whoever is playing to play well. My opinion is that Dingwall gets a free pass because he is local from some fans where if you look at it his performances have been very inconsistent where other players his age aren't. As I said its my opinion but for RSB to say Graham will never be better than Dingwall. Just look at their records in the top flight as relates games played, goals scored so you can see why I am laughing but clearly on here no one is allowed to say anything against Dingwall because he is a local lad. Naughty step for me as clearly Tony is the best ever player we have and I must be blind to it.

You're so arrogant in your responses and the way you shut people down for expressing their opinions. Tony may not be the best player in the squad but how anti Dingwall you are is almost embarrassing at times. 'Ha ha ha'. 
While people read and accept your opinions on things you have to do the same, instead - you are the sitting behind your keyboard giggling away to yourself like the messiah. 

For what it's worth when Tony came on against ICT I thought he changed the game so for me Tony in for Graham. Sorry I'm opposing your views.

Ladies ladies !!!
Please ,life is too short ..believe me ..
Cc you need to calm down a bit ,I think you have anger issues ,although I agree with a lot of your posts ,it comes down to your terminology on your posts and sometimes it looks like your opinion is the only one that matters...
Open up a bit ,accept you may be wrong sometimes .we are not all perfect but sometimes your posts verge on bullying and threatening .

Anyhow ,I was really impressed with Brian Graham last season at st Johnston and was delighted when we signed him up.
However,he hasn't really set the highland heather on fire but I'm not going to give hope on him yet,
I think the partnership for him is with Craig up top,as is Liam ..my god I never thought we would miss a player so much as we do Craig ..sooner he is back the better.
The Dutch guy is a unknown to us ,so maybe he will surprise us on Saturday,the boss seems to rate him highly and I trust his judgement ,hasn't done much wrong so far ..

Tony .... Hmmmm I really thought after seeing him away at Motherwell last season I thought he would build on that and become a regular in the team ,however that wasn't to be the outcome in end,he has had countless chances ,taken some but let others slip away,I think it's make or break time for the lad this season ..hope he does grasp this chance he's getting now.

Only Tony can sort this argument by being superb when he gets a chance and work his butt off in training - show the manager he wants it - that's what Christie did and he's now signed for Celtic!

I think the majority of the team picks itself, the only place up for debate is probably one of the forwards, Boyce will start - he's been banging the goals in of late.
We've missed Curran since his head knock, but if this lad Schalk is as good as we've been lead to believe then get him in!
If he has the pace we've been told about then he's going to be useful against the likes of Considine.

I just wonder if Aberdeen will persist with the young keeper, or will they revert back to the more experienced one!!