Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
League Cup!
Exclamation 
Is nobody talking about the League Cup? 

We play Ayr on Tuesday night.

Home win and Boyce to start scoring goals, if he doesn't already today v Killie.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Would like to see Bachmann, Holden, Franks, Murdoch, and Boyd start.

(08-22-2015, 10:45 AM)Les Westander Wrote: ...

Home win and Boyce to start scoring goals, if he doesn't already today v Killie.

He has indeed started scoring in first minute. (Plus the pen v Hearts of course)

Still fancy him to do it some more though.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Jim has been in the media today ruling out major changes ahead of the game against Ayr.  I see where he's coming from, but from my keyboard I have the opportunity to be a bit more devil-may-care.  I'd like to see the rest of the first team squad given a chance to impress. 

I know Adams tried this against Raith previously and we were thoroughly embarrassed, but if our back-ups aren't good enough to beat Ayr United then we really need to make sure the first choice players are fit for the league campaign!

I'd go with:

Bachmann
Foster Boyd Robertson Holden
Franks Murdoch Quinn De Vita
Graham Dingwall

Given the punishment Curran and Boyce took on Saturday, it would be good to give them a rest.  They might even be unavailable - I haven't seen any updates on their condition after being injured against Killie.  We're a striker short, but the diminutive Dingwall alongside the gigantic Graham could be an interesting combination, and gives them both much needed game time.

I'd keep the key players on the bench (Irvine, Midge, Boyce etc) just in case things aren't looking convincing after 60 minutes.

I suspect McIntyre will be a lot more conservative but I hope he still takes the chance to mix things up a bit.

ETA: Line-up also obviously dependent on Franks' fitness after going off injured on Saturday too.

Would give you a like for that Forfinn.
Like you I'd like to see what the rest of the squad is capable of in a competitive match & protect the fitness of some of the first choice players. Especially after the rough house treatment they got from Kili on Sat. Funny how Boyd forgot to mention that on the self appreciation tripe DipshtScene last night. County tore them a new one & they had Boyd on as a pundit??? 5 mins of Clichéd waffle on how Kili had to turn it round and 3 words to camera on how good the County performance was. Sorry different subject - rant over.

On further reflection, I'd put McShane in alongside Murdoch. Give him a chance to settle in a bit more. Quinn's actually had a decent amount of game time now and we know what he can do already.

Did Sportscene seriously have Kris Boyd on last night?! Michty me. I'm looking forward to watching it to get the objective analysis of our performance then. What a waste of time.

Bachmann in goals. I'm a fan of letting your second choice goalkeeper play in the cup competitions, so I'd like to see Bachmann. After how impressive he was against Hamilton, really dominant and commanding, I'm intrigued to see him play.

Fraser, Robertson, Boyd and Reckord to start at the back. Solid defence. I wouldn't start Davies, never in a million years. He had a lot of injury problems the last few years at Bradford, I've always said we'll do well to get 30 games out of him this season. No way should he start at home to Ayr in the league cup. Perfect opportunity for Boyd to try and regain his place. Reckord needs the games, I hope he starts. He hasn't played much of the season due to injury so he just needs game time.

Dingwall, Quinn, McShane and De Vita. This is an excellent opportunity for De Vita to get his season back on track after being dropped at the weekend. Dingwall needs the gametime too, having Dingwall and De Vita on the wings will provide the quality to win this game. Irvine needs the rest, his workrate has been superb so far this season. It's another opportunity for McShane to impress, he should get a lot more time on the ball in this game than in SPL games. I'd start Quinn ahead of Murdoch. Quinn needs the gametime, especially if he is going to play more regularly in league games. That midfield is strong and is definitely good enough to win this game.

Boyce and Graham up top. Graham starting is a no brainer for me, this is a great opportunity for him to show McIntyre and the fans what he's got. Graham could get 1 or 2 goals here. Boyce or Curran will probably start as we've only got 3 strikers. Curran's workrate is ridiculously good, so I'd like him to have a rest. Similar to Irvine. Boyce is a player who thrives on regular football, so a good runout for him here and hopefully another goal or two will be beneficial for him and he'll provide the quality to win this game.

Prediction: Ross County 4-0 Ayr Utd

Totally agree with all the above, but lets not be too complacent, remember what Brian Graham did to us when playing for Raith.

I know its early doors but it looks like we may have a good league season ahead.

This is a real opportunity for us to have a good cup run, and maybe win it.

personally I would like to see

Bachman
Foster Boyd Robertson Holden
De vita mcshane Murdoch Dingwall
Curran graham
County till I die

I wouldn't go crazy with the changes (especially at the back). Despite Saturday's rout, our back-line still needs every opportunity to gel:

Bachman
Fraser Robertson Davies Reckord
Dingwall Irvine McShane De Vita
Curran Graham
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Given he was concussed, I would hope Curran gets a night off. It was faintly embarrassing that he continued against Kilmarnock. Graham and Dingwall up front for me. Boyd in for someone. Probably Davies, if his injury record is to be believed. De Vita in for Franks please. Belle and Sebastian singer in for someone alongside Lovejoy. Four or five changes.

Holden is the only senior squad member (MacLeod out on loan) to not have made an appearance so far this season. Maybe we'll see him tomorrow night.

I want a win. So I want Jim to field the best 11 that he can.

I can't stand all of this give him a chance nonsense.

The League Cup is one of two competitions that we have half a chance of winning so we must go for it.

I'd like to see Holden (milky) get a start, he looked so quick and comfortable running with the ball, where better to give him a run out!

We have to show the greatest respect to AU. Speaking to the wife last night about the Raith game. We were annihilated and the worst and most embarrassing game we have ever attended at Vicky. Experimenting is for pre season and fans will be paying good money to watch a strong RC team on the park.

Not that I think there will be many changes, but I wouldn't mind all the fringe players getting a chance.

The 'fringe players' we have at the moment are of a far higher standard than the 'fringe players' we gave a game to v Raith when the likes of Bateson, Duncan, Morrow and Byrne started. We rested players like Brittain, Vigurs, McMenamin, Ketts, Munro, Tokely..

Bachmann I really want to see again, Graham will defo start surely.
The other players in the mix are, McShane, Murdoch, Boyd, De Vita, Dingwall, Foster, none of whom started on Saturday.
The only one I'm unsure about is Holden, just because I haven't seen him yet.

Jim knows best.

(08-25-2015, 09:10 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Not that I think there will be many changes, but I wouldn't mind all the fringe players getting a chance.

The 'fringe players' we have at the moment are of a far higher standard than the 'fringe players' we gave a game to v Raith when the likes of Bateson, Duncan, Morrow and Byrne started. We rested players like Brittain, Vigurs, McMenamin, Ketts, Munro, Tokely..

Bachmann I really want to see again, Graham will defo start surely.
The other players in the mix are, McShane, Murdoch, Boyd, De Vita, Dingwall, Foster, none of whom started on Saturday.
The only one I'm unsure about is Holden, just because I haven't seen him yet.

Jim knows best.

Well said ST, I too was at and paid at the gate for the Raith game but our standard of squad player now is imo anyway the best we've ever had.

I saw Holden (Milky) play in three of our preseason matches, he looked very good in each, in fact the Nairn game I thought he was one of our star performers, he had real pace, good close control and keen to take defenders on.  I've not seen him have to defend too much so not sure how strong he is in say a duel at the back post.  I'd like to see him at least get a run out as a sub with a half hour to go.

As said by others above, I'd probably rest Fox, Davies, Irvine, Curran and maybe also Boyce although playing Boyce and Graham together would be interesting to see how they work and link up.

Bachman
Foster Boyd Robertson Reckord
Holden Rocco Murdoch Dingwall
 Boyce Graham

Maybe put De Vita on after an hour for Boyce and put Dingwall up front with Graham, with De Vita out wide.

I would prefer the strongest 11 we can put out. Why rest players when there is an international break coming up. Other than Irvine I don't think anyone else has been called up, so the rest of the squad are going to go a couple weeks without a game anyway so why give them a rest.

Unless someone is carrying an slight injury, I would go with strongest 11, with Irvine being the only exception as he wont get a break after next week.

I've seen us far too often go into early round cup game against the like of Raith/Stranraer expecting to win and failing. As mentioned above this is one of 2 cups we have a chance of doing something, why risk it just to give game time to players, my preference is to put out strong team then if it looks like a stroll in the park, bring on 3 early subs. The priority must be to win the game.

Our ball boys/girls will be wearing these tonight apparently:
[Image: 61073_image.jpg]

Tee hee...Mr Taylor
Supporter Liaison Officer