Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weekend's games
A place to discuss the other fixtures of the SPFL every weekend.

Amazing start for Dundee, the front 3 of Stewart, Hemmings and Loy will cause problems to every team. They're the team to watch for me this season. Shocker of a start for Kilmarnock who, on paper, don't have a good team at all. Surprised to see Boyd and Smith start for them, both were extremely poor in the Championship last season.

Hamilton will be disappointed not to beat 10 man Partick at home. I don't really see a goalscorer in Hamilton's team, Nade looks to be the number one striker but only scored 6 goals in 27 appearances in the Scottish Championship last season. Ali Crawford is a real talent and if Hamilton lose him before the end of the transfer window, they're in big trouble.

After the big high of winning the Scottish Cup in May, it's been a poor last few weeks for ICT. Knocked out of the Europa League without scoring a goal and a poor defeat at home to Motherwell to start off the season. Not being able to fill the substitutes bench must be a worry! Plus they've just lost Warren to a broken leg, probably their best defender.

Aberdeen v Dundee should be interesting this afternoon. Dundee score goals and look comfortably top 5 or 6 material at this early stage.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

The top six looks pretty set already.

It's currently Hearts, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hamilton, ourselves and Dundee. I can't see the six teams being much different at the end of the season, possibly St Johnstone replacing Hamilton.

Another shocker of a result for ICT again, their lack of goals must be a big worry. Both ICT and Dundee Utd have been flying in recent seasons, but both will be in the bottom half this season I think.

Unbelievable start from Hearts, they've had some tough games in there aswell (away to ourselves and Dundee). I don't think they'll challenge for the title, but top 3 is definitely a possibility for them.

I'd be stunned if Hamilton finish top six.