Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our classy neighbours
(05-20-2016, 09:53 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Yogi's gone then, hopefully he's taken a healthy wedge of ict £ down the A9 with him.

Looking like foran as replacement.

Yep, like your £ comment, tee-hee.
As I said, was Big Yogi stabbed ?
Reckon you are right, Foran.
Or  Charlie Christie sneaking back in.
Hopefully JM has tapped Raven?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

I'd expect Raven to be signing on within the next few days. They need players, and fast, so I suspect he'll get signed up regardless of who replaces Yogi.
Could be a very difficult season ahead for our neighbours - the 9 points they'll undoubtedly be donated by us could well be the majority of points they'll get all season.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Very good long term deal regarding arguably their best player this season should be announced tomorrow.

All the noise seems to be towards Foran for their next manager. Risky move.

(05-22-2016, 09:44 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Very good long term deal regarding arguably their best player this season should be announced tomorrow.

Who's he joining?

I was actually hoping that the Buffoon would stay and drag them down into the Championship. Actually think they will do okay now next season but still finish a place or two behind us.

(05-25-2016, 01:39 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: I was actually hoping that the Buffoon would stay and drag them down into the Championship. Actually think they will do okay now next season but still finish a place or two behind us.

He did a remarkable job with that squad, and he absolutely bossed the "derby" games.  Glad he's gone.

He did well alright. Inverness always made shrewd appointments in players and managers.

Speaking of which, Richie Foran is their new manager. I know nothing about him but I can't see him changing things much. Or losing any derbies.

A 4 year deal seems a bit bizarre for a 1st managerial position?

They have a solid enough squad for next season I think, and will probably continue to own us in the derbies, unless Routis becomes our new Kettlewell.

Passed by the Dump today

That's a nice new stand they are building, looks really impressive

?????

(06-17-2016, 11:43 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: Passed by the Dump today

That's a nice new stand they are building, looks really impressive

And seats facing away from the pitch

(06-18-2016, 10:53 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: ?????

I take it they're on about the Rod Stewart gig at the dump. 

Does Rod now hold the highest attendance at the cooncil dump, or is it still held by the Tinkers wedding/stramash in the summer of 2009?  Tongue

I surprised so many went to see Rod on Saturday I thought invernesians didn't know how to get to the dump!

Early pressure on Foran after losing their first three games.

Foran's never coached anywhere, it's not like he's done what Kettlewell has done here or Craigan has at Motherwell and managed the U20s. Foran has just gone from a player straight to manager (on a 4 year deal), I just don't see how he can be ready right now.

It seems very odd indeed and there must be a lot of pressure. The team out of the blocks last usually struggle for the rest of the season. We were 7 games 2 seasons ago without a win if I remind right and look how much and how long it took to sort that out, thankfully for us though there was just enough time.

They must be struggling, according to the P&J they have Gavin Gunning on trial. This will be the same Gunning who finished his Dun Utd career by picking the ball up during play against ICT and walked off the park to the bemusement of everyone there even ref Craig Thomson who didn't even book him for hand ball because I don't suppose anyone had seen anything like it in the professional game.
Most Utd fans were glad to see the back of him as they never felt he gave 100%.

Well, Caley are off to a good start Smile I'm certainly hoping that this form continues for quite some time, especially for the derbies. We could do with getting the better of them for a while, there's been too much one way traffic over the past encounters. I don't get up to see them often as I live in Gloucester. My last visit to Victoria Park (can't get used to the new name), was the kicking Caley gave us in March, so watching County beating them at the dump, was especially good, even though it was only on TV and not in person. The one concern I have is the number of good players that we seem to have sold. I'm hoping the replacements and current players can keep tis run going. It will be very interesting to see how we fair against the zombies.

Taken from today's BBC Scotland Football Gosip page;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37395161

Football fan Struan Balfour has been fined £500 for running on to the pitch to celebrate after his friend, the then Inverness Caledonian Thistle striker Miles Storey, scoring against derby rivals Ross County in March.(Press & Journal)

Has he been banned from the stadium, and what action have ict taken against him, season ticket withheld?

I see Foran has been given the Premiership Manager of the Month award. A damn sight better than they were the first few games! He might be turning them into a half-decent side again.

5 points from 3 games in September, so I wouldn't get carried away. Albeit the two draws were against Aberdeen and Celtic.