Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our classy neighbours
Please if you are reading this Applecross Staggie get in touch ,my door is open
If anyone knows Applecross Staggie I don't want to disclose his real,title ,but I'm worried
He was a good poster and friend

Some really strange comments from yogi in today's Courier.  Confused

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport...012016.htm

“If it was the Scottish Cup final I wonder whether they would be fit or not,” he said. “It’s a question of character – are you going to play through a knock or not?

Bizarre to say the least!

Thought his comments last week on Stokes were a bit off the wall as well. Maybe life in the Highlands is getting to him.

(01-20-2016, 03:31 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Thought his comments last week on Stokes were a bit off the wall as well.  Maybe life in the Highlands is getting to him.

Perhaps Highland Life (the very good Highland Life) is getting to more of them.
Picked this up from the Northern Times.
http://www.northern-times.co.uk/News/Cal...032016.htm

Too many sherries?
Josh Meekings has been charged with behaving in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause fear or alarm by shouting and swearing, challenging people to fight, uttering offensive remarks and behaving in an aggressive manner towards police.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Bunch of thugs.

not one thing said about this on caley thistle online

I post this as I find it mildly amusing  Tongue 

Yogi being telt to shut the **** up about having no money in todays p&j 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...-campaign/

Caley Thistle chairman frustrated to miss out on top six after increasing budget

10 May 2016 by Andy Skinner

Caley Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron is frustrated by his club’s failure to earn a top-six Premiership place given the extra money handed to manager John Hughes.

The Highlanders have operated with the highest playing budget in the club’s history, but missed out on a top-half finish for the first time in four years.
Cameron said: “It’s been a very challenging season. We’ve had horrendous injuries from day one, but that’s not an excuse. We took more players in and backed the manager on that front, but things just haven’t clicked this season.
“We usually operate with a squad of 18. This season it was 25 or 26, so the manager has obviously had a fair bit more money. But these things happen.

“All in all it’s been a reasonable season, so if we can finish seventh we’ll be happy. We’re looking forward to next season and getting back into the top six. We’ll always look to be in the top six, so we’ll go from there and see where it takes us.”

Inverness were in Europa League action for the first time last summer, going down 1-0 against Romanian club FC Astra, and Cameron reckons the early start may have played a part in Caley Thistle’s problems. He added: “We’ve learned the injuries come in cycles.

“It’s been about four years since the last time we had it this bad so hopefully next season we won’t have a repeat. It could have something to do with the short pre-season, the players didn’t get a lot of rest.

“In a normal pre-season they’d get about five or six weeks off, to have a good chance to recover. I think they only got 10 days off, which isn’t great preparation for the season.

“But would we change it for the experience we had in Europe? No.”

With only eight first-team players signed up for next season, Cameron is eager to get contracts tied up as soon as possible, with offers on the table for defender Danny Devine, goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams and midfielder Aaron Doran.
Cameron said: “We want it done as soon as possible. We’d like to get as much done as possible before the players head off. There is work to be done but things are progressing well.”

There's clearly a big rift between the manager and board at ICT.  On more than one occasion Hughes has expressed his frustration at the lack of budget available to him, and this is the second time the club have come out talking about how they've backed the manager and this is the highest budget they've ever had.

It's well known Hughes wanted the Dundee Utd job when Mixu got it, and it looks increasingly like he's trying to work his ticket at ICT and getting his excuses in for their underwhelming performance this season.  It seems to me like a parting of the ways might be on the horizon if someone wants to take the manager off their hands.  The irony is, they probably can't afford to sack him!

(05-10-2016, 11:34 AM)Forfinn Wrote: There's clearly a big rift between the manager and board at ICT.  On more than one occasion Hughes has expressed his frustration at the lack of budget available to him, and this is the second time the club have come out talking about how they've backed the manager and this is the highest budget they've ever had.

It's well known Hughes wanted the Dundee Utd job when Mixu got it, and it looks increasingly like he's trying to work his ticket at ICT and getting his excuses in for their underwhelming performance this season.  It seems to me like a parting of the ways might be on the horizon if someone wants to take the manager off their hands.  The irony is, they probably can't afford to sack him!

If Dundee United wanted him them, I don't see why they wouldn't want him now.

Hope he does go... he absolutely owns County for some reason.

Well they did not own us in the League Cup Quarter...

ICT, who cares what they do really.

There has to be a Richie Foran joke in here somewhere.

"We're at a situation now where we've got to decide do we go and buy a Mini or do we go try and get a Merc?

"Do we spend our money now or do we save it and go get the Merc?"

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1353616-hug...-stagnate/

It always seems that both manager & fans use the budget as an excuse for failure or a stick to beat the board with, hopefully what Leicister have done this season will stop managers bleating about budgets and kick that excuse into touch.
My impression of Hughes approach to management (despite his abilty to do a number on us) has always been "that if one throws enough brown sticky stuff at the wall some of it is bound to stick" rather than a good manager that considers and husbands his resources wisely. Give me JM any day.

(05-11-2016, 08:09 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: There has to be a Richie Foran joke in here somewhere.

"We're at a situation now where we've got to decide do we go and buy a Mini or do we go try and get a Merc?

"Do we spend our money now or do we save it and go get the Merc?"

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1353616-hug...-stagnate/

Certainly more room under the Merc than the Mini. Smile

Had a wee squint at the official ICTFC.COM web site

Here is their version of the final league placings

Pld W D L F A Pts
1. Celtic 38 26 8 4 93 31 86

2. Aberdeen 38 22 5 11 62 48 71
3. Hearts 38 18 11 9 59 40 65
4. St Johnstone 38 16 8 14 58 55 56
5. Inverness CT 38 14 10 14 54 48 52
6. Motherwell 38 15 5 18 47 63 50

7. Dundee 38 11 15 12 53 57 48
8. Ross County 38 14 6 18 55 61 48
9. Partick Thistle 38 12 10 16 41 50 46
10. Hamilton Ac. 38 11 10 17 42 63 43

11. Kilmarnock 38 9 9 20 41 64 36

12. Dundee Utd 38 8 7 23 45 70 28

Unbelievable, what are these people like, are they totally deluded

I'd like to think that was a genuine trolling attempt from ICT because if it was it'd actually be quite a good one. However, I suspect it's probably just an automated league table that fails to take it to account the split!

Yogi to be punted by the end of the week, well that's the rumours going round my work hahahaha

I see Miles Storey has rejected the tinks and signed for the Sheep. Looks like Goodwillie will be on his way out of pittodrie then!

(05-18-2016, 12:43 PM)Rocco Wrote: I see Miles Storey has rejected the tinks and signed for the Sheep. Looks like Goodwillie will be on his way out of pittodrie then!

RE: Our Clatty neighbours

All not well at the DUMP!
Yogi for the OFF?
A few comments about Storey, fact is Storey was only on loan.
Wonder if someone is stirring in the background, back stabbing Big Yogi?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Yogi's gone then, hopefully he's taken a healthy wedge of ict £ down the A9 with him.

Looking like foran as replacement.