Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Injuries & suspensions
(02-01-2016, 03:13 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Rumours yesterday that Curran has had another setback?
Hopefully not, getting worrying.

Did McIntyre not mention something before the game about his immune system? Can't remember where I heard/read it but I'm sure there was something. When he was absent before there was talk of shingles and him having to let his body recover. As you say, worrying.

Does anyone know anything further on Curran? He is a real favourite of mine, and I'd be gutted if he doesn't make a full comeback.

(02-08-2016, 11:48 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Does anyone know anything further on Curran?  He is a real favourite of mine, and I'd be gutted if he doesn't make a full comeback.

I think there is a possibility that he's done for the season.  

Certainly the Goodwillie signing suggests they aren't counting on him to make much of a contribution.  

The trouble with concussions is that once you get repeated concussions and repeated symptoms, there could be a really serious issue in store if things aren't handled properly.

It's not just Ross County, football (and indeed rugby, but less so) in this country is years behind American sports in dealing with these injuries.  He should never have come back on at Kilmarnock, he should certainly not have made his come back so quickly.  This isn't second guessing, it's simply stating that football needs to be far more cautious when dealing with head trauma.

It's inevitable that temporary "head injury" substitutions are introduced.

Savage Henry You are spot on with that statement

Thanks Henry, so not looking good. 

Hope there's no long term damage. (Having said that he could live out his days quite happily in Dingwall and would fit right in)

has anyone heard that Andrew Davies may be out for 6 weeks? heard a whisper at the game last saturday, ? i thought he may just have been rested.

(02-09-2016, 06:55 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Thanks Henry, so not looking good. 

Hope there's no long term damage. (Having said that he could live out his days quite happily in Dingwall and would fit right in)

?

Not heard anything on Davies, but have heard that Curran has been allowed time out to take a break in Dubai to get some sun and hopefully help his recovery - fingers crossed for him as he's a great wee player and makes such a difference when he's in the team.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(02-10-2016, 11:05 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote: ?

Wrong in the head, etc etc

On top of the defender injury list - Davies, Boyd, Quinn and Fraser - Foster picked up his 6th yellow against Hearts. We might be seeing more of Jackson at centre back!

(02-10-2016, 06:49 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Wrong in the head, etc etc

Shocking statement.

So what's been the damage from the weekend then, is Reckord our only available defender?

I think I'd still rather have our midfielder's Murdoch and Irvine fill in at the back lie before Jamie Reckord!

Very quiet on here...

(02-15-2016, 01:06 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Very quiet on here...

All in the queue for tickets...

Any news on our back line?

Haven't seen anything in the papers. I'm sure Jim said the players needed extra rest and would get an extra day off this week, so maybe today/tomorrow before everyone is properly assessed.

Foster's booking v Hearts last Wednesday must have been his sixth - he has a one game ban from 24th Feb - ie he will miss the game v Dundee Utd next week.

(02-19-2016, 09:49 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Foster's booking v Hearts last Wednesday must have been his sixth - he has a one game ban from 24th Feb - ie he will miss the game v Dundee Utd next week.

If there was ever a game to miss, it's that one...

Not sure Fraser will be back from his shoulder knack by then so expect we could be seeing Quinn at right back.

(02-19-2016, 11:07 AM)Forfinn Wrote: ... we could be seeing Quinn at right back.

PLEASE god no, after seeing him line up against us at RB for aberdeen I don't ever want to see him there again.

I said it somewhere before but I'm sure Stuart Murdoch could easily fill in at RB (he may have done this in a game earlier in the season, could be wrong though).

Obviously the young lad Miller should be hopefully close to the first team squad but I don't know just how ready he is.

On Fraser:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/356179...um=twitter