Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
Injuries & suspensions
(02-15-2019, 11:46 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Sorry if I have missed it on here, but what is the status of Don Cowie at the minute??

Is back training following injury, was in the paper on Wednesday saying the game on Friday would be too soon for him.

(02-16-2019, 04:45 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Is back training following injury, was in the paper on Wednesday saying the game on Friday would be too soon for him.

Thanks Stuart. Great news hope he is back for selection soon. Hope all is well by the way. Long time no see.

(02-16-2019, 04:29 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Spoke to him last Sunday, he told me he was a week off.
Hopefully he'll make the bench for Tuesday....... Fingers crossed!
Cheers, Jamie - fingers crossed indeed!

Confirmed in the press today that Mckay is out for the season.

(03-01-2019, 08:30 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Confirmed in the press today that Mckay is out for the season.

What a horrendous season this has been for injuries. Saw the slow-mo of his fall on his arm and it looked nasty. Hope he recovers well and we can make do with our other striking options.

Last time we played Ayr at home we lost both centre halves. This time against the same team we lose both forwards. Billy will be a big miss, not just for his goals but his industrious work ethic. I only hope that whoever comes in for him has the same success as Keith Watson has had coming in for Morris and Fontaine. Player of the year so far!

Confirms what most of us feared. The reaction from him and the players around him you just knew this was bad.

Ross Stewart looking to be OK by the sounds of it so he will be first man on the sheet. Brian Graham will benefit from a run in the team too and they both work very hard. Declan will find some scoring form I am sure too.

Lucky we have the size of squad we do.

(03-01-2019, 01:07 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Confirms what most of us feared. The reaction from him and the players around him you just knew this was bad.

Ross Stewart looking to be OK by the sounds of it so he will be first man on the sheet. Brian Graham will benefit from a run in the team too and they both work very hard. Declan will find some scoring form I am sure too.

Lucky we have the size of squad we do.

The number of season ending injuries - is that four now? - is unreal.

I'd say that McManus really needs to step up here, because Graham and Stewart are different players entirely.

I think Mckay is the one player they couldn't afford to lose.

(03-02-2019, 06:21 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: The number of season ending injuries - is that four now? - is unreal.

I'd say that McManus really needs to step up here, because Graham and Stewart are different players entirely.

I think Mckay is the one player they couldn't afford to lose.

McManus needs to slow down the rush of blood he gets in his head when in a promising position. Calm down coff, don't rush it.... believe.

(03-02-2019, 10:20 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: McManus needs to slow down the rush of blood he gets in his head when in a promising position. Calm down coff, don't rush it.... believe.

Agreed. I think there's a decent player there, but at this point he's not going to be a prolific player. He could, however, work on his composure.

If he can be taught how to pass as well, that'd be great.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

There is a good player in there, he was tremendous in the cup game at Motherwell. Very inconsistent though.

Some good news on the injury front. From a P&J report today.

Iain Vigurs has stepped up his comeback for Ross County after rejoining his team-mates for training.

The midfielder has not featured since the November 10 defeat to Dundee United but Staggies co-manager Stuart Kettlewell is hopeful of seeing the former Caley Thistle man back in the dark blue of County soon after he featured for reserves on Monday.

He said: “Iain was back on the pitch yesterday and played 45 minutes for the reserves against Kilmarnock.

“The plan of attack for Iain is to push him on as much as we can and keep pushing boundaries with him. He needs pitch time training and game time. He had a little problem with the after-effects of training with his foot but it has gradually gotten better and now it’s time for him to kick on.”

The injury situation is improving after a weekend break for County and Kettlewell hopes the rare chance to rest up will benefit the Championship league leaders for the run-in.

He said: “Sean Kelly has started running again which is more good news for us. He played excellently against Motherwell and did exceptionally well until suffering a setback from the groin surgery he had.

“Ross Draper is still feeling the effects of the knock he took against Caley Thistle. We speak about him every week. He has been so important for us this season and every club in this league would like a player like him in their side.

“Ross Stewart has had a scan and he has suffered a grade one tear in his thigh. We’ll try to get him back as soon as we can as he was showing signs of the real quality he has.

“It was our first weekend off of the season so we felt it was a good opportunity to take stock and get a couple of days rest into the players.

“We’re not forthcoming with days off for the players so hopefully it will be of benefit to the players. We had some tough games against Caley Thistle, Partick and Ayr and we feel we have come out of that spell pretty well.

“The mental demands are much more difficult than the physical demands and the players came back in good condition for training yesterday. We got some fresh legs and some fresh heads back. Whether it was good timing or not, I’ll tell you in a couple of months.

He added: “We set our stall out to build a squad with players who have been over the course before alongside a hungry group of players who want success.

“We’re hoping it works for us but we’ll see if we’re vindicated for it at the end of the season.”

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...ss-county/

Ross Draper & Ross Stewart must be close to full fitness. It'd be great if they were both available tonight. Kelly and Vigurs a little longer I'd imagine, are we talking a few days or weeks for them?

Vigurs has had a setback (P&J), must be doubtful that we'll see him again this season.
Morris def out for season.
Draper and Kelly might make the squad for Alloa.

Vigurs we really needed for his craft in the home game against Dundee United. I can already forsee them trying another smash and grab.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(03-12-2019, 10:11 AM)Guernsey Staggie Wrote: Ross Draper & Ross Stewart must be close to full fitness. It'd be great if they were both available tonight. Kelly and Vigurs a little longer I'd imagine, are we talking a few days or weeks for them?

Josh Mullin and midge key players Give either a free role during a game ,from wing play to free role inter change,

McManus not great reader of game, opportunity arises by the time he gets it into head it’s gone ,
But maybe through middle

WE ARE GOING UP staggies here staggies there staggies every &##-#@ where

(03-29-2019, 10:56 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Vigurs has had a setback (P&J), must be doubtful that we'll see him again this season.
Morris def out for season.
Draper and Kelly might make the squad for Alloa.

I’d be staggered if Vigurs plays again this season. The medical staff screwed that up big time.

Injuries apart we've had a spate of yellow cards over the last few weeks. Where can we find an update on who is near to a suspension?

(04-06-2019, 10:57 AM)the reaper Wrote: Injuries apart we've had a spate of yellow cards over the last few weeks. Where can we find an update on who is near to a suspension?
I make it - Draper- 11, Lindsay-8, Spence-7, Morris, Vigurs-6, Gardyne-5, Watson, Kelly, Graham &Mullin-4. Dont know how many are cleared by previous suspensions ie Draper , Graham, Mullin. Also dont know if players signed in January carried any with them from previous clubs