Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Injuries & suspensions
New thread for the new season..

Robertson has suffered a broken bone in his hand during training in Hungary and could miss start of season (P&J).

Dingwall missed Tuesday's game with shin-splints (P&J)

Kyle Macleod dislocated finger ,hop everything turns out well for everyone associated with the organising and running Ross County football club

Has anyone heard anything Applecross Staggie ,a very sensible poster and genuine supporter
If you indeed are reading this Applecross Staggie ,you know your welcome to call in anytime

Three injuries already? The squad has only been in Hungary a couple of days!

I call high jinks.

Reckord out for the Celtic game with an achilles injury. Not serious and should be back in a couple of weeks (P&J)

Achilles injuries aren't usually too quick to recover from.

At least 4-6 weeks IMO.

(07-30-2015, 07:30 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Achilles injuries aren't usually too quick to recover from.

At least 4-6 weeks IMO.

Jim says a week or two.

There's a good article in today's p&j, it's a subscription site now so I've cut and pasted it below.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...ue-opener/

Ross County defender Jamie Reckord will miss the Staggies’ opening Scottish Premiership match against champions Celtic on Saturday after being sidelined with an achilles injury.
Reckord missed Saturday’s 2-0 pre-season friendly defeat by Dutch Eredivisie side NEC Nijmegen after picking up the knock, with manager Jim McIntyre confirming the left back could be out for up to two weeks.
The loss of the 23-year-old is a blow to the Staggies, with Reckord making the left-back position his own last season. He made 27 appearances after joining in October following his release by English Championship side Wolves.
However, McIntyre is refusing to dwell on Reckord’s absence and is content with the options he has to cover for the trip to Parkhead.
Former Rangers and Aberdeen defender Richard Foster played the first half at left back against NEC before being replaced by fellow summer signing Darren Holden, who joined from Hartlepool United.

McIntyre, who has made 12 signings this summer, said: “It’s not serious and he’ll hopefully be back in training in a few days.
“He’s been to the podiatrist for insoles. They can change the biomechanics in the body, so it will maybe take a week or two for him to get used to them. It’s nothing serious.
“We’ve put in a lot of work, so to only have one injury is very pleasing.
“Looking across our backline, we’ve got great cover. That was the thinking behind our signings, especially at the back.
“Richard Foster can play both full-back positions, while Marcus Fraser can play centre back and full back, along with our other centre backs. We’ve got really good flexibility there.”
McIntyre is equally pleased with the competition for places between the sticks, having added Stoke City goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann on a six-month loan to compete with Scott Fox, who joined from Partick Thistle.
McIntyre reckons Austria under-21 international Bachmann will push Fox all the way, adding: “Daniel was actually sitting on the bus to go away with Stoke’s first-team when he got the call to come here.
“It tells you what they think of him. We’ve been very impressed with what we’ve seen so far.
“We’ve been equally impressed with Scott Fox. Sometimes it’s very difficult to get two goalkeepers competing for the same spot but we feel as if we’ve got that. We’ve got good selection problems.”

(07-30-2015, 11:55 AM)frankthetank Wrote: “He’s been to the podiatrist for insoles. They can change the biomechanics in the body, so it will maybe take a week or two for him to get used to them. It’s nothing serious.

That'll be the place up in Inverness he's gone to. Seen both Klok and De Leeuw in there before.

Sorted me out whilst recovering from a knee injury in my early teens and worked a treat. Hopefully the same outcome for Reckord.

He may have a history of this injury he played the last few games of the season taped up and his performances weren't of the same standard as previous games.

Hopefully this will sort it we are in a far better position with both Foster & Holden available fully expect Foster to start most games this season can't see him agreeing to sign to sit on bench or in stand.

Holden maybe a great sub if you we are chasing game with his long throws for Graham and the big centre halves pushing forward.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

P&J saying Curran likely to be out for another 2 weeks at least, and Rocco has a hamstring injury and also faces a spell out.
Just when everything was looking good..

(09-15-2015, 06:36 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: P&J saying Curran likely to be out for another 2 weeks at least, and Rocco has a hamstring injury and also faces a spell out.
Just when everything was looking good..

The depth we have in midfield will come in handy now! Woods could presumably step straight in? Pity for Rocco, it's the first decent run he's had in the team for a long time.

Both out for up to 6 weeks Jim saying in today's papers.
Curran missing is a huge blow, let's hope this Dutch trialist proves to be a hit.

I've been hard on Rocco, but if he's good enough for JM, then he's good enough for me.
I hope he is back to full fitness soon.
Same goes for Curran, he'll be gutted to be on the sidelines I'm sure.

We'll miss both players - still stand by my earlier comment that we'd have held out for the three points on Saturday if Rocco had stayed on - game would have been out of sight if we'd also had Curran!

Good chance for Woods and Graham to show us what they can provide!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Gutted to hear Curran out for 6 weeks! Pivitol part of how we play.....

Not so gutted about Quinn though....

(09-16-2015, 06:05 PM)ELincognito Wrote: Gutted to hear Curran out for 6 weeks! Pivitol part of how we play.....

Not so gutted about Quinn though....

This is going to be a David Winters/John Fraser thing, isn't it?

Tedious in the extreme and completely blind to Quinn's importance.

(09-16-2015, 07:22 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: This is going to be a David Winters/John Fraser thing, isn't it?

Tedious in the extreme and completely blind to Quinn's importance.

This entirely. Quinn has done a (mostly) underrated job this season. I know there was a lot of scepticism around his contract extension, but i feel he's done enough so far to justify it. It's just a pity he's picked up an injury when he was on a comparitively hot, if unappreciated fully, streak.

Agree re-Quinn. Definitely my first pick in centre-mid alongside Irvine.

Oh how times have changed. Quinn really is the flavour of the month huh?

If he could sort out his shooting from range, and add a bit of finesse to his passing then I would have him in the starting XI, until then he will always be a player brought on to defend a 1-0 away from home.